THE Duratrax Equalizer Pre-Mounted 8th Scale Buggy Tire Review
In the last 5 years there has been an explosion in the 8th scale buggy tire market. One of the more affordable choices comes from Duratrax, where they have a complete line of reasonably priced tires and pre-mounts. We’ve been bashing and thrashing two sets of Duratrax Equalizer Pre-Mounts (one in C3 (super soft) compound and one in C2 (soft) compound) for a few weeks now. Are they worth your cash to bash with? Come on, let’s find out…
Duratrax has just announced their new line-up of affordable 35C Lipo Batteries. Their new 35C Lipo’s are said to pack more power for even better performance. Available in a wide range of capacities, some of the packs comes with a hard-case and you can get them with either a Dean’s or Traxxas connector. Some of their other features include-
* 35C discharge ratings for more power
* Two packs feature impactand puncture-resistant hard ABS cases
* All other packs have smaller, weight-reducing soft cases
* Consistent power, charge after charge
* True-rated for dependable stated capacity
* Available with Deans® or Traxxas® connectors
Duratrax is a favorite among the basher crowd and they’ve just announced a new and very scale realistic Camaro ZL1 Nitro RTR. Combine the very realistic Camaro body with features like a .18 nitro engine and 2.4 GHz radio gear and it looks like we are going to be seeing a lot of these at our local bash spot this spring. Some of the other features and specifications on the Duratrax Camaro ZL1 include-
* Three different colors, Red, Orange, and Yellow
* Aluminum chassis
* Four wheel drive
* Duratrax .18 cu in nitro engine
* Super Start hand held starter system
* Dual chamber tuned pipe
* Two speed transmission with adjustable shift point
* Duratrax 2.4GHz FHSS system by Futaba
* Oil-filled shocks
* Three shoe clutch
* Full bearing set
* 2.5oz (75cc) fuel tank
* Metal gear diffs
* Polycarbonate body, painted and trimmed,
* Injection molded wing and mirrors
* Pillow ball front suspension
* Adjustable camber, caster, Ackerman, and droop
* Includes- RTR Camaro ZL1 On-Road Car with .18 Engine with Electric Starter, 2.4GHz Radio, Painted Body, Instruction Manual
* REQUIRES: Glow Fuel: 10-20% car blend nitromethane fuel
* Length: 17.13″ (435mm)
* Width: 7.87″ (200mm)
* Height: 4.72″ (120mm)
* Weight: 4.06lbs (1.84 kg)
* Part #DTXD53**
Expect a street price of $320 with a release date of Mid May. Click on over to the official Duratrax Website for more information.
Looking for more Duratrax news? Check out THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
Duratrax has a new offer where you get a Free FlashPoint Temp Gauge when you buy a new 835B Nitro RTR buggy. The Duratrax FlashPoint temp gauge is a $24 value and is a great aid in tuning any nitro engine. It can also come in quite handy for monitoring the temps on your brushless motor too.
The free temp gauge offer runs through the end of April. Hit up the Duratrax Website for more information.
Looking for more Duratrax news? Check out THIS link.
The folks from Duratrax have sent word for people looking to upgrade to brushless systems to consider making the jump to Onyx. Onyx Brushless Systems are available in 1/10th scale and 1/8 scale versions with several KV’s in each size. They even have 4 pole versions, and also a programming card that makes dialing in your system easy to do just about anywhere. If you are looking to save some cash, they are a pretty cheap system to upgrade too..
All you bigtime Duratrax VW Baja Bug bashers should be interested to see the latest from the crew over at T-Bone Racing. TBR has just announced a new rear bumper/wheelie bar combo for your bug. This not only protects the rear of your chassis and motor, but also helps you hold longer wheelies for maximum bashing fun.
Longer screws are supplied to mount the bumper and its made out of tough nylon to withstand your serious abuse. It also comes with the TBR B205 T-Bar and 1-1/4″ solid tires w/aluminum wheels. Lifetime warranty is included, street price is $25, and they are available right now. Hit up the official T-Bone Racing Website for more information.
TGIF, we never thought we would make it, but alas, the world actually didn’t end. To celebrate hit THIS BSRC mystery link.
If you have to wrench on a 8th scale buggy or truggy you already know the need for a good wheel nut wrench. Duratrax has introduced a new 17mm wheel nut wrench with you in mind. Some of the features are-
* Utilizes a hardened 17 mm socket that fits most 8th scaler buggies
* Ergonomic soft grip handle
* Easier to use than T-handle style wrenches
* Handy pocket-size for easy access
* Part #DTXR1177
Street price of the new Duratrax wheel nut wrench is $9 and they will be available in the next couple of weeks. Hit up the official Duratrax Website for more information.
Looking for Duratrax news? We have lots more HERE.
Just announced from Duratrax is a 10th scale nitro powered Nissan GT-R. This latest addition to the Duratrax line-up comes in three different colors and combines trick scale looks with serious on-road performance. Some of the features and specs include-
* Duratrax 2.4GHz FHSS radio system by Futaba®
* High-rpm ST18-S engine with dual chamber tuned pipe
* Super Start RTR hand-held starter system
* Painted, finished polycarbonate body
* Oil-filled shocks with clips for easy ride height adjustments
* Full set of ball bearings
* All metal gears (front spool/rear diff)
* Available in Red, Deep Blue Pearl, and Gun Metallic
* Four wheel drive
* Transmission: Two speed with adjustable shift point
* Clutch: Three shoe
* Fuel Tank: 75cc
* Spur Gear: Nylon, 42 tooth
* Injection molded wing and mirrors
* Disc brake
* Front pillow ball suspension
* Length: 17.3 in (440 mm)
* Width: 8.5 in (215 mm)
* Height: 5.3 in (135 mm)
* Weight: 4.1 lb (1.86 kg)
* Part #DTXD51** ( end with BB for blue, EE for gun metallic, and RR for red)
Street price on the new Duratrax Nissan GT-R is $299 with a release date of early December. Hit up the official Duratrax Website for more information.
Looking for more Duratrax news here on BigSquidRC? HERE is the link you want.
We get a lot of emails asking about chargers. We normally tell people to check our our Charger Shootout to at least get them started for some ideas on what to look for in a new charger. Some people are on a serious budget, or are just new to the hobby and want to keep the costs low while keeping it simple, and that’s where the new Duratrax Onyx 150 comes in. Is this the ultimate entry level lipo charger? Keep reading…
Over on their blog, Pro-Line just posted a make-over for the popular Duratrax Evader Brushless truck. During this make-over Pro-Line used some of their existing products to not only increase performance but to also bump up the Evaders trick factor a few notches. The Pro-Line items used in their Duratrax Evader Brushless upgrade were-
* 6063-00 Front and 6063-01 Rear PowerStroke SC Shocks
* 6063-05 Universal Shock Mount Kit
* 8170-01 Gladiator 2.2 M2 Compound tires
* 3349-00 Associated T4.1 BullDog body
* 2635-00 Velocity Front Wheels
* 2636-00 Velocity Rear Wheels
You can get more information on Pro-Lines official Website, and if you are in the greater Cleveland area be sure and visit their booth this weekend at the iHobby International Expo, booth 431.
Looking for more Pro-Line news? We have it right HERE.
The folks from Duratrax have released an official video for their DXR8-E 1/8 Buggy. As always, it’s a very well done video, and may help you make a decision if you are on the fence about picking one up!
At some point in every RC hobbyists time line, they need to experience an 1/8 scale buggy. They drive like nothing else out there. We recently reviewed the Duratrax DXR8-E Electric Buggy, and now it was time to get dirty with the Duratrax 835B nitro buggy. Does it compare to the DXR8? Does it stack up against other nitro buggies? Most importantly, can it take a good bashing? Keep reading to find out..