Does your touring car need a new body? HPI Racing has recently announced a new Scion tC with FIVE:AD areo kit clear body. The Scion is 200mm wide and should mount up easily on most touring cars.
* Realistic die-cut premium vinyl decals include window frames, head lights, and tail lights
* Front and rear 3D light buckets
* Overspray film and vinyl window masks make painting fast and simple
* A decal instruction sheet is included for decal placement
* The body has dimple marks for body post drill locations
* Molded from clear polycarbonate plastic for durability and long life
* Clear body (finished example shown)
* This is an officially licensed replica
* Part #106940
This body is available right now and sports a street price of $35. Hit up the HPI Racing Website for more information.
Looking for more HPI news here on BigSquidRC? Check out THIS link.
These are not RC vehicles… yet. Ken Block and the Hoonigan Racing Team has changed things up for 2013! He’s got a new garage/building, and some new wraps on his rides. Long gone is the recognizable green and white, and now the dominant colors are blue, grey, and purple. Fingers crossed for HPI to come up with a alternate body for their Ken Block WR8 FluxRally Car.
The rc rally scene seemed to show up out of no where and explode with several companies all releases rally vehicles at the same time. The HPI Racing Ken Block WR8 FLUX was an attention grabber from the moment it was announced. The KB license was new to HPI and a surprise to many, so would the rally car live up to the hype? Keep reading to find out..
HPI Racing announced today that their new Discount Tire/Falken Tire Nissan S13 will be shipping in the European market in the next few weeks. This Dai Yoshihara replica is one of HPI’s E10 Drift series cars that comes RTR, ready to slide. Some of the other features and specifications include-
* Officially licensed Discount Tire/Falken Tire Nissan S13 Body
* Officially licensed Falken Azenis RT-615K T-Drift tyres
* Officially licensed Dai Yoshihara wheels
* SC-15WP Waterproof Electronic Speed Control with Reverse
* 2.4 GHz radio system for crystal-free control
* 7.2v NiMH Rechargeable HPI Plazma battery
* HPI Plazma AA batteries for transmitter
* AC Wall Charger
* Adjustable body mounts
* Quick change battery holder
* Shaft drive 4WD system
* Shock absorbing foam bumper
* High torgue Saturn 27T 540 motor
* Precise bellcrank steering
Our European readers will be able to enjoy this fine drift-mobile starting in April, for more information on what’s kick’n with HPI across the big pond, here is a link to the official HPI Europe website.
We’ve been doing mystery links every Friday for 6 months now. How about you try THIS one.
We recently posted information about the new 4 Wheel Hydraulic Disc Brake System from FID Racing, and people went ‘oohhhhh’.
Well, they just let us know there is a video of the system in action. Talk about loosing some rubber on the stops, this system brings that vehicle to a halt! The HPI Baja 5B in the shop may just need a upgrade for 2013!
Don’t forget you can check the FID Racing Website for more details on this and all of their other products.
Need more large scale news here on BigSquidRC? Check out THIS link.
Driving a modified, high horsepower HPI Baja is loads of fun. There is just something about going 50 mph with a Baja that is quite exhilarating. But at the end of every high speed pass you must get slowed down. The crew over at FID Racing now have a high-end brake set-up for your Baja. Their new 4 wheel hydraulic disc brake set comes with everything you need to get your Baja hauled down from warp speed in no time flat. Hit up the official FID Racing Website for more details on this and all of their other products.
Looking for more large scale news here on BigSquidRC? Check out THIS link.
HPI has announced a new CNC machined aluminum front gearbox plate for their popular WR8 and Bullet series of vehicles. The CNC’ed piece not only adds some nice bling to your ride, but is stronger than the stock piece.
Part number for the front gearbox plate is #101267, street price is $20, and they are available right now. Hit up the official HPI Website for more information on all of their fine products.
Remember the gas powered engines that HPI first showed at Toy Show in Germany earlier this year? It looks like they are about to come to fruition with the new Savage XL Octane monster truck. The new Octane Savage features a 15cc gas engine for more torque and longer runtimes. Some of the other features include-
* All-new 15CC gasoline powered “Octane” engine.
* All-new ducted fan design keeps the engine cooler and more efficient.
* All-new tuned pipe matches perfect to the “Octane” engine for increased torque and overall power.
* All-new composite, triple-disc brake system.
* All-new XL truck body with scale detail and thick polycarbonate for increased toughness.
* All-new extra-strength composite roll cage increases durability.
* All-new extra large fuel tank increases the already amazing runtime.
* All-new designed alloy TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) chassis.
* Full-time shaft drive 4WD system for maximum grip, power and acceleration.
* Proven 2-stage, oversized, oil-filled shocks.
* Sealed all-metal differentials with bulletproof bevel gears help tame the massive torque.
* 2.4GHz radio technology.
* Tough dual-stage air filter.
* Heavy-duty cam-type servo saver steering system.
* All-terrain tires w/ standardized Savage 17mm Hex Hubs.
* Proven Savage XL 3 Speed transmission.
* Proven Savage XL suspension uprights.
* Machined Steel Spur Gear.
* High Torque Metal Gear Steering Servo.
* Rechargeable receiver pack and charger
* Extra tough slipper clutch for drive-train security
We’ve received no word on a part #, price, or a release date, but here is the link to the official HPI Website to check out some of their other fine products.
Rally cars are hot, hot, hot right now, and HPI has added another one to their product line-up. The new waterproof HPI RTR WR8 3.0 Flux Ford Fiesta Abu Dhabi Castrol WRC Rally Car comes ready to rock with a 2.4 GHz radio system, Castle brushless system, and is ready for all sorts of on road or off road fun. Some of its primary features and specifications include-
* Pre-Assembled 1/8th scale Rally Car
* Based on the Bullet Flux truck
* Flux Vapor Pro speed controller
* Flux Vektor 4000Kv motor
* 2S and 3S LiPo compatible
* TF-40/RF-40 2.4GHz 3-channel radio system
* Radio has failsafe and drop-down steering wheel
* Powerful & waterproof steering servo
* 3mm aluminum chassis with centralized weight balance
* Full-time 4WD for excellent control
* Adjustable battery tray
* Front skidplate with durable foam bumper
* Splashproof receiver box
* Tough oil-filled gear differentials
* Realistic Michelin tarmac rally tires
* Aluminum shock towers front and rear
* High ground clearance for driving on most surfaces
* Mud guards for rear shocks prevent dirt build-up
* Quick access to all critical maintenance points
* Dual bellcrank steering
* Front and rear sway bars
* All socket head hardware
* Full set of rubber-sealed ball bearings
* Wheelbase: 300mm
* Length: 485mm
* Height: 172mm
* Width: 227mm
* Tire Diameter: 80mm
* Part #109364
Expect a street price of $480 and you can get more information on the Official HPI Website.
I know we a lot of people have been waiting for this one! HPI has finally announced the new Blitz Flux! Some highlights include a Flux Shot 4300 motor, Flux Reload V2 speed controller, Waterproof, RTR with a 2.4GHZ radio system, HB Megabite tires, and can handle up to a 3S lipo.
From the press release:
Factory-assembled and painted 2WD short course racing truck
HPI Flux Shot 4300KV motor with heatsink casing
HPI Flux Reload V2 with 3S capability, cooling fan and waterproofing
Long composite chassis fits 7-cell NiMH or hard case LiPo battery pack
Painted and detailed body with matte black/graphite look
HB Megabite tires for extra grip and control
High performance racing shocks for extra tuning capability
2.4GHz radio for easy, no-crystal control
Proven racing design for winning potential
Steel turnbuckles for easy tuning
Sealed gear drivetrain for extra durability
Waterproof receiver box
Waterproof steering servo
Tough bumpers front and rear to protect the suspension and chassis
Long wishbone suspension design for amazing handling in rough conditions
Everyone here has been a huge Blitz fan, so it’s nice to see this version finally make it’s way to market. Street price will run about $350.
HPI/Hot Bodies is jumping into the world of 10th scale nitro touring car racing with their new R10. The R10 was designed from the ground up for the rigors of nitro touring car racing, using materials like titanium, aircraft quality aluminum and carbon graphite. If you are looking to go really, really fast on-road, you’ll want to check out the R10 for sure. Some of its key features include-
* Nitro belt driven 4wd
* Centralized, low center of gravity weight distribution
* Titanium tie-rods, rear camber links, middle shafts and rear sway bar joints
* New fuel tank equipped with EZ cap
* 4 piece engine mount, works with both OS and Novarossi
* High precision brake rotor and pads
* Direct fit wing mounts on rear tower
* PTFE coated oil shocks
* High quality universal driveshafts front and rear
* Hard coated aluminum pulleys (except the rear diff pulley)
* Quick and easy diff change and drive belt tension adjustments
* Servo saver with one-touch Ackerman adjustment system
* Multiple suspension pivot point adjustment system allows for fine roll center tuning
* Efficient .08 module gears
* Length: 366mm
* Width: 200mm
* Wheelbase: 261mm
* Weight: 1700g
* Gear ratio: 1st=7.56:1.0 2nd=5.27:1.0
* Does not come with engine, exhaust, body or electronics
* Part #108382 HB R10 KIT
Street price for the R10 will be $600, hit up the official Hot Bodies Website for more information.
Hang onto your hats, HPI has just announced a new Sprint 2 RTR! This new ride is the Vaughn Gittin Jr. 1969 Mustang Edition electric RTR on-road, and is ready for some serious drifting action.
Here are some of the important details:
4 Wheel Drive, Waterproof electronics, 2.4GHz Radio System, Firebolt 15T Motor, RTR out of the box, comes with TWO sets of tires, on-road and drift tires, and is dual belt drive. Looks like the price will come in around $250-$300
I know Wrench will be drooling all over the body of this one.
Thew new Hyper SS 1/8 Buggy features a 2.4Ghz radio, .28 Nitro Engine, Savox Digital Servos, 4WD, Big Bore Shocks, and an enclosed battery box. The street price is about $350, and expect it to start hitting store shelves right now. Available in black or white versions.