The rc world certainly has a bunch of short course truck fans and today the TORC Off-Road Series announced their 2014 Schedule. The TORC series has certainly gone through changes this off-season, losing Traxxas as the title sponsor, and adding The Armory as new owners, but hopefully the 2014 series will be just as exciting as ever. Check out below to see the schedule that includes brand new venues at Gateway Motorsports Park in St Louis Missouri and at the Buffalo Chip in Sturgis South Dakota. If you can’t make it to one of the rounds TORC has a television package with NBC to air all the races.
* Primm, Las Vegas, NV: April 5-6
* Charlotte, NC: April 25-26
* Gateway Motorsports Park, St Louis, MO: May 17-18
* Crandon, WI: June 28-29
* Bark River, MI: July 19-20
* Buffalo Chip, Sturgis, SD: Aug 5-6
* Crandon, WI: Aug 30-31
To get more details on the 2014 TORC schedule simply hit up This Link. For more TORC news on BigSquidRC This is the link you want.
The charitable folks over at Pro-Line have announced their 12 Days of Christmas Big Give. What can you win during Pro-Line’s Big Give?
* A brand new Pro-2 SC truck every day from Dec 8th to Dec 19th.
* Apparel prize packs that include a hat and t-shirt.
* Gift certificates ranging from $50 to $100.
* A $1,000 to $2,000 donation in your name to one of these charities- Casa Hogar Belen home for orphaned children, One Egg that helps malnourished children around the world, The Sheepfold who help homeless and abused women, Both Hands that helps widows and orphans, or Teen Challenge that helps fight drug and alcohol addiction.
How do you get entered? Simply click This Link.
Click Here for more Pro-Line news on BigSquidRC.
Most of you already know Brian, he’s our editor here at the BigSquidRC offices. Recently Brian handed me his personal Futaba 4PLS and his sons Tactic TTX240 and said to “surprise him”.
Well here is his surprise, we had them hydro dipped in a Spongebob Squarepants print. Brian is a huge Spongebob fan and we also know how much he likes making fashion statements at the local bash spot, so here they are. We have no doubt these are going to turn some serious heads the next time Brian goes bashing.
Special thanks to DWayne at RC Custom Lab Workz for his excellent work dipping the transmitters, you can check his Facebook page out Here. To learn more about the Futaba 4PLS hit This Link, and you can check out the Tactic TTX240 right HERE.
Just a few years ago new Lipo companies were popping up all the time, since then the Lipo frenzy has died down a notch. Lipo is still hot of course and one of the latest companies to arrive on the scene is Tattu. Tattu is focused on putting out high quality packs that will not only make your bash machine faster, but also be long lasting. Pictured above is their new 2S 6200 hardcase pack which fits in a vast array of bash vehicles.
* Max continuous discharge- 80C/496 amps
* Size- 138x47x25mm
* Gross weight- 397 grams
* Balance plug- JST-XH-3P
* Wire size- 12AWG
* Plug type- 4.0mm Banana Plug to Deans
The part number for the Tattu 2S 6200 is #TA-80-6200-2S-H and they are available right now. Hit up This Link for more information over on the official Tattu website.
Click Here for more Lipo battery news on BigSquidRC.
Some hobbyists charge a lot of batteries. If you have a lot of batteries to charge, but not many battery chargers, charging packs in parallel can be an option to get the job done. The folks over at Progressive RC have made a new video showcasing their Modular Parallel Charging Boards. The Progressive RC charge boards make it easy to daisy chain packs off of one charger.
To get more information on the Progressive RC charge boards check out the video below or simply click This Link to visit the Progressive RC website.
Click Here for more battery charger news on BigSquidRC.
Last night the big man over at Amazon, Jeff Bezos, was on 60 Minutes to reveal a new 30 minute delivery service that they’ve been experimenting with. The Amazon Prime Air super fast delivery service is said to use self-piloting quadcopter drones to deliver a 5 pound cargo up to 10 miles. The hobby community knows the vast array of obstacles that would need to be overcome to make this delivery system a reality, it would simply be impossible. However, it is cool that quads are getting some massive mainstream coverage, and that perhaps at some point in the future this type of technology might help make ultra-quick delivery a possibility.
Check out the short video clip below to see Amazon Prime Air in action, Click Right Here to visit Amazon’s website.
For more quadcopter news on BigSquidRC check out This Link.
Sometimes you just need serious power and the new Cellpro Dual PowerLab 8×2 from Revolectrix has 2688 watts of it. Huge raw power is one thing, but the Cellpro was also designed to be reliable, flexible, and to have intuitive operation. Some of its other features and specifications include-
* Max charge rate- 40A per channel
* Accurate four point internal resistance measurement of each cell
* 95W internal non-regenerative discharge capability
* Aluminum top panel, ABS body
* Over-sized internal heatsink
* 25 User Presets and 50 Library Presets per channel
* Automatic Low voltage restore for recovering damaged or overdischarged packs
* Cold weather mode reduces end-charge voltage
* Max cell count- 8S Lithium, 21S NiMH per channel
* Input voltage- 10-48VDC, input current- 1A to 40A per channel
* Regenerative discharge up to 40A
* Max output power per channel- 408W at 12VDC, 1344W at 39.53VDC
* 2 line, 16 character, backlit LCD display per channel
* Size- 10.24″ x 5.55″x 3.08″
* Two 50mm cooling fans
The part number for the PowerLab 8×2 is #LC08S40ADIC-MC, they have a street price of $350 and they are available right now. Hit up This Link for more information.
Click on This Link for more battery charger news on BigSquidRC.
Last night Joliet hosted they’re annual Christmas Parade and as usual I did my best to promote the hobby by building a miniature parade float complete with riders and candy! I started with one of my many scaliers this one started out as a New bright F-150 and I fabricated a custom chassis and mounted a set of Axial Wraith axles under it but kept the full interior and realistic looks. For the float I took a custom trailer I built a while back and added a bench along with carpet, fringe, lights, and Gi Joes. The mini float was a huge hit! People were more excited about my Rc than the real deal! The truck stood out like no other and made a very good appearance on TV.
2013 Parade Float
Looking for something unique for that rc garage of yours? Here ya go, take a look at the new YRS Roadster from Yokomo. The YRS Roadster is a 12th scale 2wd RTR designed with big fun in mind. A 540 brushed motor is used to direct drive the rear wheels and it comes with a 2.4GHz radio system, Lipo battery, and charger. The YRS Roadster is available in 3 different colors and you can get more information over on the official Yokomo Website.
Click Here for more Yokomo news on BigSquidRC.
Yokomo YRS Roadster Gallery
Touring cars might not be all the rage like they used to be, but that hasn’t kept the manufactures from continuing to improve the breed. The latest uber touring from Yokomo is the BD7 2014. The BD7 2014 Edition is a belt driven 4wd, littered with carbon fiber goodness from nose to tail. The 2014 Edition comes with small upgrades over the previous version, including hard anodized shock bodies and a revised motor mount for more centralized mass and the ability to run larger pinions.
The part number for the new Yokomo is #MRTC-BD714 and they should start hitting hobby shops in late December.
Click Here for more Yokomo news on BigSquidRC.
Yokomo BD7 2014 Gallery
I pull this move off all the time in the RC world, ask ‘Wrench’ or Tim or Cubby.. heck, it’s in several of our videos. Ok, maybe not on purpose, but it happens. Here’s we are doing it in 2008 with a HPI Baja 5B CLICK HERE!
But when you see a full scale truck do it, surrounded by thousands of soft squishy people behind the safety of caution tape, it takes it to a whole new level! Congrats to ‘Wildman’ Adrian Cenni for pulling off the stunt!
He didn’t even credit our Baja video for the idea!
SkyRC has a new charger made just for Micro Lipo batteries. The Quattro Micro Battery Charger has the ability to charge four 1S Lipo micro batteries at once with an adjustable charge rate of .1 to 1 amp, and it comes with four different connectors on top- Losi micro, Walkera, MX, and mCPX.
The part number is #SK-100079 and you can get more information by hitting This Link.
Click Here for more SkyRC news on BigSquidRC.
SkyRC Quattro Micro Charger Gallery
Yesterday we posted the new Graupner touch screen transmitter, today we are posting their new Polaron series touch screen battery chargers.
There are four different chargers in the Polaron series and they are offered in several different colors. They stand up on your pit table, making them easy to see while taking up a minimal amount of space. The chargers in the Polaron series include-
* Polaron PRO (#S2003, $319) – Boasts 3″ color touch screen, charge rates up to 20 amps, can charge up to 14S Lipo, and has 20 x 2 memory.
* Polaron EX (#S2011, $279) – 3″ color touch screen, charge rates up to 20 amps, charges up to 7S Lipo, and has 20 x 2 battery memory.
* Polaron AC/DC (#S2002, $299) – 3″ color touch screen and has internal power supply for use off AC power or can be used with DC power supply (11-15 volts). Maximum charge rate is 7 amps and the maximum Lipo cell count is 7S.
* Polaron Sports (#S2004, $259) – 128 x 64 graphic touch display, maximum charge rate 7 amps on up to 7S Lipo packs.
We haven’t heard if these will hit our shores, but you can hit up the Graupner Website to see what other products they offer.
Click Here for news on other touch screen rc products right here on BigSquidRC.
Graupner/SJ Polaron Charger Gallery