Champaign Illinois is known as the “epicenter of the rc world” for good reason, both Hobbico and Horizon Hobby are based there. It is also home to Slot and Wing Hobbies, one of the best known hobby shops in the entire country. Slot and Wing is known for being one of those shops where you can walk in and find all sorts of neat items that most hobby shops don’t stock. Being a big supporter of the hobby, Slot and Wing had a booth at eFest, answering questions and showing some of their stock. If you are a truly hardcore hobbyist, Slot and Wing is one of those hobby shops that you must visit at least once in your life.
Ram is also showing their new Quad LED systems for the Blade MQX, Heli-Max 1SQ, and Traxxas QR-1. These are plug and play systems that weight around 2 grams and have a retail price of right around $15. Hit up the official Ram Website for complete details.
Looking for more eFest coverage? Hit up THIS link.
Ram Models Inc eFest 2013 Booth Gallery
A couple of week ago we posted the new Bluetooth Enabled battery charger from SKYRC. Today we are learning more about their new T6755 Touch Screen battery charger. Touch screens are everywhere now days and having one on your charger can help make it even easier to use. Some of the key features and specifications of the T6755 include-
* 3.2″ touch sensitive color LCD screen
* Optimized operating software
* Internal independent Lithium battery balancer
* Adaptable to various types of Lithium batteries
* AC Input: 100-240V
* DC Input: 11-18Volt
* Charge circuit power: 55W
* Charge current range: 0.1-7.0A
* Discharge current power: 5W
* Discharge current range: 0.1-2.0A
* Current drain for balancing port: 200mA/cell
* NiCd/NiMH battery cell count: 1-15Cells
* LiPo/LiFe/Lilon cell count: 1-6Cells
* Pb battery voltage: 2-20V
* Net weight: 540g
* Dimension: 140x165x60mm
* Part #SK-100064
To get more information on the SKYRC T6755 hit up THIS link for their official website.
Thank goodness it’s Friday, time for another Mystery Link.
KO Propo has just announced their EX-1 KIY Version 2 for all you high-end transmitter users. A number of upgrades have been incorporated and it now features a 5% faster response time. Some of its features and specifications include-
* Version 2 is a software improvement for response and linear feeling.
* Conventional response increased 5%.
* Transition from moving the steering back/forth quickly and small movements have been improved.
* Motion feeling has been enhanced. Improvement for human interface for a more natural feeling but still maintaining a faster feeling.
* Version 2 Master Units (FHSS & ASF) are compatible with current Grip and Steering Units.
* External plastic case is the same as previous version, just software and PC board has been changed.
* Current customers with Version 1 will be able to send in their Master Units for a PC board change to the Version 2 at a later date once the boards are available.
* Master Unit EX-1 FHSS Ver.2 plus KR-411FH receiver, Part #10520
* Master Unit EX-1 ASF Ver.2 for Mini-Z only, Part #10522
* EX-1 KIY 2.4GHz FHSS Set Ver.2 Tx/Rx, Part #80519
* EX-1 KIY ASF Set Ver.2 for Mini-Z only, Part #80521
While Yokomo is better known for their high-end race machines, their newest buggy, the 14th Scale Land Jumper, has basher written all over it. The Land Jumper comes with a roll cage for scale looks and damage control during big crashes, and its 4wd system gets more traction to keep you in front of your buddies. Some of its features and specifications include-
* Comes with servo, 380 brushed motor, and ESC
* Aluminum chassis
* Double wishbone suspension
* Large capacity oil shocks
* Front and rear gear diffs
* Aluminum motor mount and center shaft
* Slipper clutch
* Ball bearings
* Weight- 940 grams
* Length- 300mm
* Width- 200mm
* Height- 110mm
* Wheelbase- 205mm
We have not received any pricing or release information for here in the states, but HERE is the link to the official Team Yokomo website for more information on their other products.
Looking for more 14th scale news? Hit up THIS link here on BigSquidRC.
Yokomo Land Jumper Gallery
SWORKz isn’t well known here in the states, however they are quite large over in Europe. SWORKz had all their latest products on display at the Toy Fair including their new 8th scale buggies and the new S104 EK1 10th scale 4wd buggy. Check out the gallery below to see more.
SWORKz Nuremberg Toy Fair Gallery
Arrowmax RC has just announced a new line-up of allen wrenches that features a beehive like handle and titanium nitride wear resistant tips. The beehive like handles use lexan in the end and are ultra light as well as comfortable. Check out the official Arrowmax RC Website for more information on all their products.
Looking for more information on tools? Check out THIS BigSquidRC link.
THE iMax RC X200 Touch Screen Battery Charger Review
The rc market is seeing a huge boom in not only the quantity of battery chargers, but also in their sophistication and in their power output. An Asian manufacture, iMaxRC, recently sent us one of their uber new X200 touch screen chargers to check out. iMaxRC doesn’t currently sell the X200 in the states, so they are basically looking for a company to pick it up. Does the touch screen work? Can it take a beating? Does it give a better charge than our Hyperion reference charger? And most importantly, is it worth importing to the states? Lets find out…
There are a lot of good looking new bodies on the market right now, but one of the hottest is from Pandora RC. Pandora RC has just announced their new Nissan Skyline R35 GT-R clear lexan body that is sure to turn heads at your local bash spot. This body is sized to fit nicely on most 10th scale touring/drift cars, and comes with windows masks and a sticker sheet.
The new GT-R body has a release date of sometime in February, but we have not received any pricing information. Hit up the official Pandora RC Website for more information on all their scale drift bodies.
Maybe this Nissan doesn’t trip your trigger? Hit up THIS link to see more bodies right here on BigSquidRC.
Want to control your battery charger from your cell phone? Take a look at the new 6×80+ Bluetooth Edition battery charger from SKYRC. If you are looking for the very latest and greatest in battery charging technology, this might be it. Some of its features and specifications include-
* APPS for Smart Phone (both iOS and Android)- This charger can be controlled and operated by smart phones.
* PC Control Software “Charge Master”- The free “Charge Master” software gives you unparalleled ability to operate the charger through the computer.
* Optimized Operating Software- This can help prevent overcharging which may lead to an explosion due to the user’s fault. It can disconnect the circuit automatically and alarm once detecting any malfunction. All the programs of this product were controlled through two way linkage and communication, to achieve the maximum safety and minimize the trouble.
* Internal Independent Lithium Battery Balancer- The charger employs an individual-cell-voltage balancer. It isn’t necessary to connect an external balancer for balance charging.
* Balancing Individual Cells Battery Discharging- During the process of discharging the SKYRC 6×80 Plus can monitor and balance each cell of the battery individually. Error message will be indicated and the process will be ended automatically if the voltage of any single one cell is abnormal.
* Fast Charge and Storage Modes for Lithium Batteries
* Cyclic Charging/Discharging- 1 to 5 cyclic and continuous process of charge>discharge or discharge > charge is operable for battery refreshing and balancing to stimulate the battery’s activity.
* Data Store/Load- The SKYRC charger can store up to 10 different charge/discharge profiles for your convenience. You can keep the data pertaining to program setting of the battery of continuous charging or discharging.
* Terminal Voltage Control(TVC)- The charger allows user to change the end voltage.
* Lipo Battery Meter- The user can check battery’s total voltage, the highest voltage, the lowest voltage and each cell’s voltage.
* Motor RPM Tester- Users connect the sensor motor and charger with sensor wire, set the pulse width and test the RPM of the motor.
* Servo Tester- Connect the servo and the charger with wire, change the pulse width value and check whether the servo works or not.
* Capacity Limit- The charging capacity is always calculated as the charging current multiplied by time. If the charging capacity exceeds the limit, the process will be terminated automatically when you set the maximum value.
* Temperature Threshold- The battery’s internal chemical reaction will cause the temperature of the battery to rise. If the temperature limit is reached, the process will be terminated. (temp gauge not included)
* AC Input:100-240V, DC Input:11-18V
* Charge Current Range:0.1-10A
* Discharge Current Range:0.1-5A
* Current Drain for Balancing Port:200mA/cell
* NiCd/NiMH Battery Cell Count:1-15cells
* LiPo/LiFe/Lilon Battery Cell Count:1-6cells
* Pb Battery Voltage:2-20V
* Net Weight:525g
* Part #SK-10003
No word on a price or an availability date on this one yet, but you can check out the official SKYRC Website to get more information.
Looking for more information on battery chargers? Try THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
SKYRC 6x80+ BlueTooth Battery Charger Gallery
Looking for a hot new body to bolt on your touring car or rc drift machine? Take a look at this trick Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34 Roadster) body from Pandora RC. This 10th scale clear lexan body is set up to fit most touring cars and comes with light buckets, windshield, control panel, and window masks. These are available right now with a street price of right around $35. Hit up the Pandora RC Website for more information on this and all their other bodies.
Looking for news on other rc bodies right here on BigSquidRC? Check out THE link.
Pandora RC Nissan Fairlady Z Roadster Gallery
* MD-530 TX-R: Pictured above, this is an “intermediate” level heli that comes set-up to use your own transmitter and sports a $30 rebate which brings the price down to right around $90.
* Axe 100 CP RTF: Pictured below, this is an “advanced” level heli that comes RTF with radio gear and has a rebate of $50 that brings the price down to about $150.
* Axe 100 CP TX-R: Also pictured below, is the same as the RTF except it uses your own transmitter. The Axe 100 CP TX-R sports a street price of about $99 after a $60 rebate.
All of these are available right now, the rebates last through the end of January, and you can get more information on the official Heli-Max Website.
Looking for more air news right here on BigSquidRC? HERE is the link you want.
Heli-Max Sale Gallery
The new entries coming into the battery charger wars never seem to end, and one of the latest is an offering from Elangears. Elangears is quite popular in Europe, and their R-X2 Dual AC/DC Charger should be a hit. The R-X2 does up to 15 amps on one channel and 10 amps on the other, and it features a 7 amp maximum discharge rate. The built in power supply keeps you from having to lug around an extra piece of equipment, and its built in USB port comes in handy for charging mobile devices. Hit up the official Elangears Website for more information.
Looking for more battery charger news? Check THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.