New from the crew at Carisma is their 16th scale 4wd GT16MT. The GT16MT comes stock with brushless power to turn all four of those tires over with authority. Some of the other features and specifications include-
* 2.4G Radio
* Carisma Brushless System
* Full Assembled
* Ready to Run
* Oil shocks
* 370 brushless motor
* Front and rear bumpers
* High traction tires
* 6 cell battery pack
* Picture shown with optional LED light Kit set
* Part #57168
Hit up the Carisma Website for more information on this and all their other new products. The link to see other Carisma news right here on BigSquidRC is HERE.
Carisma GT16MT Gallery
Check out the video below to see the GT16MT in action!
Need to beef up that drivetrain of your Axial Wraith? The crew over at RC4WD have just announced some new Extreme Duty XVD Axles that can take some serious punishment. Now you can get in a tight spot, pound the throttle and make it through without hearing that dreaded “Snap”.
* CNC Machined Super Hardened Steel
* Heat treated
* All New Design
* Easy Installation
* 50° Steering Angle (Stock was 32°)
* Designed to fit Axial Wraith Front Axles
* Included- 1x Left and 1X Right RC4WD Extreme Duty XVD Axle
* Part #Z-S0832
Street price is $79 for the set and you can get more information by hitting up the RC4WD Website.
Looking for more RC4WD news? HERE is the link you want.
HPI Racing has just announced their new Version 2.0 for their immensely popular Baja 5B 5th scale gas buggy. The Baja 5B has been a bashing favorite for years and now it gets a face lift and some updates (like a new engine). Some of its features and specifications include-
* Revised 23cc Engine for 2013
* High Flow Muffler
* 8000 RPM Clutch
* VVC/HD Shock Absorbers
* Torx T27 Engine Screws
* Gunmetal Anodizing
* Viscous Torque Differential
* Dual Vented Disc Brake
* 2.4GHz Radio System with Failsafe
* All-Terrain Tires & Beadlock Wheels
* Sealed Radio Box
* High Capacity Fuel Tank with Clunk
* Adjustable Rear Wing
* Hard Plastic Skid Plates
* Complete Set of Ball Bearings
* Part #110191
Hit up the official HPI Racing Website for more information, and hit THIS link for even more HPI news right here on BigSquidRC.
One of the new vehicles that HPI is showing at the Nuremberg Toy Fair is the TC10. Not much information has been released yet, but it’s a 2wd 10th scale RTR on-road car that looks great for the noobie crowd. We’ll post more information as we get it, until then have a look at the Official HPI Racing Website.
Looking for more HPI news? Check out THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
One of the latest vehicles from Carisma is their new 10th scale 4wd GT10DT Desert Racer Buggy. This is a 2.4 GHz, brushless equipped RTR that looks like it is ready for some serious off-road action. Some of its other features and specifications include-
* Brushless motor and esc
* Full metal gear differentials
* Oil Shocks
* Stamped metal chassis
* Dust proof gearbox
* Front and rear bumpers
* High traction tires
* 540 brushless motor
* 2.4 GHz radio system
* Optional light kit- sold separately
* Part #70868
No word on a release date or price point yet, but you can hit up the official Carisma Website to view more information. Hit up THIS link for more Carisma news right here on BigSquidRC.
Carisma GT10DT Gallery
Catch the video below for a closer look at the GT10DT.
In the RC world, scale is hot. It’s finally not just about performance, but looks as well. Heli Max RC has just announced the new Blackhawk Scale Heli. This RTF was based on the Sikorsky Blackhawk with detail down to the landing gear. It has LED lighting, 4-blade collective pitch head, and uses the TAGS (Thress Axis Gyro system). It comes with a 6-channel 2.4GHz SLT transmitter and 7.4v LiPo. There is also a TxR (Transmitter Ready) version for those who don’t need to buy a new radio. Those wondering about the scale, it has a 12.8 in (325mm) rotor.
Vaterra RC has two 14th scale offerings in their new line-up, the first being the Kemora 4wd Rallycross RTR. The Kemora comes with everything you need to get going in the box, plus a 2.4 GHz Spektrum radio system and waterproof electronics. Some of it’s other features and specs include-
* Tough 4WD chassis
* 4-wheel independent suspension
* Durable metal gear drivetrain
* Shock-absorbing slipper clutch
* Adjustable oil-filled aluminum shocks
* Chassis dust cover
* Realistic spoiler, mirror and driver details
* Realistic wheels and gravel spec tires
* Waterproof electronics
* Dynamite 4500Kv brushless power system
* Capable of 45+ mph with optional 3S Li-Po battery
* Spektrum DX2L 2.4GHz transmitter with batteries
* Dynamite 6-cell 7.2V 1200mAh Ni-MH battery
* Dynamite DC Ni-MH peak charger
* Gear pitch- 0.5 MOD
* Motor size- 380
* Height- 4.57 in (116mm)
* Length- 13.19 in (335mm)
* Wheelbase- 8.27 in (210mm)
* Part #VTR01000
Expect a street price of $289 for the Kemora and hit up the official Vaterra RC Website for more information.
Looking for more Horizon Hobby news? Check out THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
Vaterra Kemora Rally Gallery
Check out the video below to see the Kemora Rallycross in action!
When the Vaterra RC line was announced certain BigSquidRC staffers were extra stoked to see they had on-road cars as well. One of their on-road cars is the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 V100-S, a very trick looking 10th scale 4wd car. Combine cool scale looks with 4wd and water-proofing and you should have a great bash machine for your local cul-de-sac. Some of it’s features and specifications include-
* Versatile V100-S chassis
* Officially licensed 2012 Camaro ZL1 body
* Shaft-driven 4WD
* Sealed differentials
* Low CG, double wishbone suspension
* Universal body mounts
* Realistic exhaust, mirror and hood details
* Realistic low-profile tires and 59mm wheels with brake details
* Waterproof electronics
* Dynamite power system with Li-Po ready ESC
* Spektrum DX2E 2.4GHz transmitter with batteries
* Dynamite 6-cell 7.2V 1800mAh Ni-MH battery
* Dynamite 2A Ni-MH AC peak charger
* Tire diameter- 2.76 in (70mm)
* Height- 4.41 in (112mm)
* Width- 7.76 in (194mm)
* Wheelbase- 10.25 in (256mm)
* Part #VTR03007
The Vaterra Camaro is expect to hit hobby shop shelves in early April and sport a street price of $279. Check out the Vaterra RC Website for more details.
We have more Vaterra RC news right HERE on BigSquidRC.
Vaterra RC 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Gallery
Check out the video below of the Vaterra 2012 Camaro in action!
Companies like Schumacher and Mardave have made low cost 12th scale formula racing quite popular in Europe. Now HPI has jumped into the ring with their new TC12 on-road RTR. The new TC12 is on display at the Toy Fair in Germany, but not much information is available at this time. We will post more when we learn more, till then why not hit up the official HPI Website to view some of their other fine products.
More HPI news? We have it right HERE on BigSquidRC.
Check out the latest radio from TACTIC. The new Tactic TTX850 is a 8 Channel Air and Heli system with a huge graphing LCD screen. Other details include Digital Trims, Dual Rates, 2.4GHZ, easy menu navigation. The highlight that caught our eye was they said it will be RC’s most affordable 8-Channel radio! There wasn’t a price listed yet though. We have been a fan of the Tactic radios around here, so this one is on our radar for sure.
The crew over at Dynamite RC have announced a new line of Lithium Polymer batteries called the Reaction series. This is an affordable line-up of Lipo’s with 20C to 30C discharge rates. Capacities range from 4000 to 5000 mah, and they are available in 2 and 3S cell counts. Hard cases are used to protect the cells and you can get the Reaction packs with either EC3 or Traxxas connectors. A 1 year warranty now comes standard on all Dynamite packs just to sweeten the deal.
Prices for the new Reaction series Lipo’s range from $29 for a 2S 20C 4000 mah up to $69 for a 3S 30C 5000. Hit up the official Dynamite Website for more information. Hit up THIS link for more Dynamite news right here on BigSquidRC.
The latest battery charger from the guys over at Dynamite is their huge Prophet Sport Quatro 4 x 100 watt AC/DC. This monster can charge 4 batteries at once, with a maximum charge rate of 8 amps per channel. Some of the other features and specifications include-
* 100W charge power per output
* Li-Po/Li-Fe & Ni-MH battery types
* Charges 1-6S Li-Po, 1-6S Li-Fe, 1-8C Ni-MH
* 500W power supply
* Adjustable 0.1–8.0A charger current per channel
* Ability to charge different battery types at different currents simultaneously
* 4 internal cooling fans
* Short-circuit protection
* Over-current protection
* Reverse-polarity protection
* Low-input voltage protection
* Over-temperature protection
* Includes (4) insulated banana-to-EC3™ connectors
* Includes (4) JST XH type balance boards (2-6S)
* Detachable AC and DC power cords
* 100-240 VAC (50/60Hz) or 11-18V DC input voltage
* Length- 10.62 in (270mm)
* Width- 7.48 in (190mm)
* Height- 3.35 in (85mm)
* Part #DYN4110
Expect a street price of $280 on this one, and you can hit up the Dynamite RC Website for more information.
Looking for more Dynamite news? Check out THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.