Are you tired of landing from a huge jump only to find that your double sided tape has given way and your speed controller is flopping around inside of your truck? Yes, us too. Luckily a company named Snappy RC Products is manufacturing durable mounts to keep our expensive speed controllers safely planted to the chassis. Shown above is Snappy’s custom mount for securing a Castle Mamba Max Pro in the Traxxas Slash 4×4. Some of the features are-
* Recessed switch mount
* Pocketed top and bottom plate to secure speed controller
* Does not block air flow
* Easy access to sensor port
* Made of durable plastic
* Room for motors up to 3″ long
* One Billet Pocketed Plastic Top Plate
* One Billet Pocketed Plastic Bottom Plate
* Two Metric Hex ESC mounting screws
* Two Metric Hex switch mounting screws
* SnappyRC sticker
Street price is $16 and they are available right now. Hit up the official Snappy Website for more information.
Have you read our Slash 4×4 review? If not, take a look at it HERE.
The latest addition to the product catalog over at T-Bone Racing is their SC Racer Rear Bumper for the Losi Ten SCTE short course truck. This new rear bumper is a one piece design for extra durability. Some of the other features include-
* Comes with lifetime unlimited replacement warranty
* One TBR SC Racer rear bumper
* One TBR nylon brace
* Fits inside the body (width wise)
* Comes with mounting screws and lock nuts
* Two TBR decals
* Part #37185
Street price on this item is $17 and they are available for sale right now. Hit up the official TBR Website for more information.
Looking for more T-Bone Racing (TBR) news? We have it right HERE.
Need more hop-ups for your Traxxas Rally? STRC has a bunch of them ready to go! From A-arms and Hub Carries to Shock Caps and wheel adapters. You can see them all at the STRC Rally Webpage
Looking for other ST Racing Hop Up News? Click HERE.
Team Associated has just announced their new RC10R5.1 Factory Team electric on-road kit. With a bunch of new updates the RC10R5.1 Factory Team should be a great choice for racing the World GT class this winter, or for just general on-road fun. Some of the updates include-
* 10th scale electric 2wd on-road kit
* I.F.M.A.R. World Championship winning Dynamic Strut front suspension features symmetric components
* Adjustable front caster and track width
* More durable motor mount and left rear bulkhead
* 3-point upper pod plate with graphite motor mount cross-brace, optimized for brushless motors
* Ultra-rigid 2.5mm thick carbon fiber chassis
* Integrated chassis stiffening rails featuring centralized LiPo battery mounting position
* Aluminum side spring retainers for easier and more accurate adjustments
* Innovative through-shaft center shock
* Side damper tubes reduce friction for smoother rear pod movement
* Pivot-ball rear pod design with hard-anodized aluminum pivot balls
* Updated rear pod links
* Wheelbase 10.2″
* Part #8022
For more information on the RC10R5.1 Factory Team hit up the official Team Associated Website, and for more Associated news here on BigSquidRC check out THIS link.
Associated RC10R5.1 Factory Team Gallery
GH Racing sent word that they have a bunch of hop-up parts for the Traxxas Rally Car since many are cross overs from other Traxxas vehicles. They now have a section with a list of parts that are in stock, or coming soon specific to the Rally. You can click HERE for the GH Racing hop up page.
Want to see what other GH Racing products we have mentioned recently? Click HERE to check them out.
New from our friends over at TrakPower is a vinyl carb and pipe cover assortment to help keep debris out of your nitro engine. These covers pop right over your carb intake and exhaust outlet to keep such things as dirt and water out of the vital workings of your nitro engine. The smallest size cover can be also used as a cap for your fuel bottle. Each assortment contains 2 each of 4 different sizes and have a street price of only $3. Hit up the official TrakPower Website for more information.
TGIF, what surprise awaits you at THIS mystery link?
If you have to wrench on a 8th scale buggy or truggy you already know the need for a good wheel nut wrench. Duratrax has introduced a new 17mm wheel nut wrench with you in mind. Some of the features are-
* Utilizes a hardened 17 mm socket that fits most 8th scaler buggies
* Ergonomic soft grip handle
* Easier to use than T-handle style wrenches
* Handy pocket-size for easy access
* Part #DTXR1177
Street price of the new Duratrax wheel nut wrench is $9 and they will be available in the next couple of weeks. Hit up the official Duratrax Website for more information.
Looking for Duratrax news? We have lots more HERE.
The guys over at T-Bone Racing are known for their bumpers, but recently they announced their first set of upgrade a-arms made just for the Venom Gambler short course truck. Some of the features include-
* Made out of .25″ Delrin
* Less flex than stock
* Comes with Delrin shims
* Comes with TBR stickers
Street price is $16 a pair and they are available right now, go to the official T-Bone Racing Website for more information.
Have you read our Venom Gambler review? If not, check it out HERE.
Just announced from Duratrax is a 10th scale nitro powered Nissan GT-R. This latest addition to the Duratrax line-up comes in three different colors and combines trick scale looks with serious on-road performance. Some of the features and specs include-
* Duratrax 2.4GHz FHSS radio system by Futaba®
* High-rpm ST18-S engine with dual chamber tuned pipe
* Super Start RTR hand-held starter system
* Painted, finished polycarbonate body
* Oil-filled shocks with clips for easy ride height adjustments
* Full set of ball bearings
* All metal gears (front spool/rear diff)
* Available in Red, Deep Blue Pearl, and Gun Metallic
* Four wheel drive
* Transmission: Two speed with adjustable shift point
* Clutch: Three shoe
* Fuel Tank: 75cc
* Spur Gear: Nylon, 42 tooth
* Injection molded wing and mirrors
* Disc brake
* Front pillow ball suspension
* Length: 17.3 in (440 mm)
* Width: 8.5 in (215 mm)
* Height: 5.3 in (135 mm)
* Weight: 4.1 lb (1.86 kg)
* Part #DTXD51** ( end with BB for blue, EE for gun metallic, and RR for red)
Street price on the new Duratrax Nissan GT-R is $299 with a release date of early December. Hit up the official Duratrax Website for more information.
Looking for more Duratrax news here on BigSquidRC? HERE is the link you want.
As the weather gets colder many rc’ers head indoors to their favorite carpet track. For those people Serpent has just announced their updated 12th scale pan car, the S120 LTX. Some changes have been made to give the new S120 LTX a more forgiving, stable feel while on the track. Some of the primary features include-
* New Carbon 2.0mm bi-directional woven chassis–plate in symmetrical design
* New Carbon 2.0mm bi-directional motor-pod plate
* New Carbon 2.5mm top-deck, shock-tower and tube top-plate
* Fully adjustable front end with suspension blocks in T6 aluminum
* Spring loaded steering blocks with easy adjustment pre-tension via Allen key
* Super smooth, fully adjustable, coated aluminium shock with foam
* 7075 T6 rear end parts for the motor-pod
* Lightweight and durable ball differential with aluminum shaft
* Foam bumper and durable body-posts
* Spring loaded nylon side-links
* Part #410005
We haven’t received pricing or availability information on this one yet, so keep an eye on the official Serpent Website for updates.
Yes, we have more Serpent news, click HERE to check it out.
Serpent S120 LTX Gallery
The ARRMA Granite is one of our favorite bash machines. The guys over at T-Bone Racing have developed an extra wide basher front bumper just for the Granite to make it even tougher than it already is. Some of the features are-
* Bolts under chassis with 4 longer screws
* Made out of tough nylon
* Comes with TBR decals
* Lifetime warranty
* Part #10008
Street price is $12 and they are available right now. Hit up the T-Bone Racing Website for more information.
Looking for more T-Bone Racing news? Hit THIS link.
The crew over at Serpent have just announced a new touring car, the S411 RTR. Their new S411 RTR is based off their S411 sport chassis and comes fully assembled with a brushless power system, 2.4 GHz radio, pre-painted body, and pre-mounted tires. Some of the other features include-
* 10th scale 190mm
* 9 turn 3650 kv motor
* Dragon RC 35 amp speed controller
* Dragon RC 2.4 GHz radio system
* Dragon RC .13 speed, 6kg torque servo
* Race Spec chassis
* Front cvd’s, rear dog-bones
* Belt driven 4wd
* Front spool
* Rear gear diff
* Oil filled shocks
* Black glass fibre chassis parts
* Four color choices- Red, Green, Orange, and Blue
* Need 2S Lipo, charger and 4 AA batteries to complete
* Part #400007
We have not received pricing or availability information yet, keep an eye on Serpent’s Official Website for further information.
Look right HERE for more Serpent information right here on BigSquidRC.
Serpent S411 RTR Gallery
The big news from Axial Racing today is the announcement of their SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon scale rock crawler. The new Axial mates their popular SCX-10 platform to a very detailed and scale authentic Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon body. This is an RTR that comes fully assembled with a 27 turn brushed motor, digital metal gear servo, and a 2.4 GHz transmitter. Some of the other features include-
* Officially licensed Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon body
* .040 thick polycarbonate body
* Officially licensed Poison Spyder Rock Brawler bumpers and Crusher Flares
* Trick swing out spare tire carrier
* Ultra reliable and globally proven SCX10 axles
* Durable and efficient WB8 Wild Boar™ driveshafts
* Officially licensed Walker Evans Racing wheels
* Officially licensed Maxxis Trepador tires molded in R35 compound
* Realistic steel C-channel chassis frame
* Four wheel drive with heavy duty differential lockers front and rear
* Adjustable oil-filled coil-over shocks w/ realistic looking shock reservoir
* Protective pinion/spur cover
* Slipper clutch
* Part #AX90028
MAP pricing for the new Axial is set at $379 and you can get even more information on the official Axial Website.
Looking for more Axial news on BigSquidRC? Click right HERE.
Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Gallery