Another sneak peak from Pro-Line shows their new Interco TSL Super Swamper tires! These tires are designed to be true scale with an official license from Interco Tire Corporation. They will be out soon for 2.2 and 1.9 scale trucks!
Head over to the Pro-Line website for details.
‘RC Rock Crawling’ Category
The Losi Micro Crawler is apparently popular enough to attract the attention of one of the bigger players in the rock crawling sector. RC4WD has made some of their popular tires and wheels fit the Micro Crawler. So now all you Micro Crawler owners can find a tire for every condition you may run into. Some of the treads that are available are the Rock Crusher and Rok Lox.
Check out the RC4WD web site for more info, prices, and ship dates.
The fine folks at RC4WD sent word today that as of right now this very second many of their popular wheels and tires are now available individually instead of in pairs. A few of the tires they’re offering as singles are the Dirt Grabber series, Mud Slingers, Mud Thrashers, and the very popular Rok Lox. Right now there’s 15 tire types and 16 wheel types they are offering as singles. RC4WD says they’ll add more as demand dictates so don’t be afraid to voice your opinion on what you want.
For a limited time all new Losi Night Crawler B-n-D kits will include an extra complete set of Losi’s high performance Comp Claws tires. On their own these tires would set you back $40, so this is a pretty decent deal by any standard. No other info is available right now so just keep an eye on your local hobby shop and they should be showing up soon. But just for good measure, here’s a link to Losi’s web site.
So I recently mentioned we were heading out to join the NIRC and XIRTIC guys that were doing a little local RC Rock Crawling here in Illinois. It was a great time, with some sweet courses. The turn out was good for their first get together, and I think the key was everyone had fun. There was some great advice given, and some very cool vehicles! If you are in the northern Illinois area, and looking to get into or just check out the rock crawling scene, one of these NIRC events is a good place to start! I’ll post some pictures here, hit continue to see them all, and Bill posted a TON in the photobucket page you can see right HERE
Bill also posted a video! If I embed it, the music won’t play, so just hit his Firesprink281 youtube page to check it out.
A good friend of ours, Josh from – XIRTIC – Rock Crawling Products is having a mini RC Rock Crawling get together this Saturday which we will be in attendance at. So if you are in the area, make sure you stop by and grab some stickers.
WHEN: SATURDAY MAY 29th – 10:30am Check-In / 11:00am Driving
WHERE: BUSSE WOODS , (Cook County, IL. Higgins Road Location….See map)
This is an informal crawling GTG. Courses will be setup, and score sheets will be available. The total time that we are at Busse Woods will depend on how many drivers attend this GTG. We do intend on running 3 courses.
1:1 scale off-road tire manufacturer Pit Bull Tires is jumping into the r/c arena. Their first mold is the Rock Beast XOR 2.2″ crawler tire, which is modeled after their full scale Rocker LT tires. The Rock Beast features a multi-varied tread pattern that they say increases forward, reverse, and lateral traction. Pit Bull is using their proprietary Komp Kompound™ rubber which is suitable for daily bashing and competition according to them. You’ll be buying them by the pair and foam inserts are not included, but a decal sheet is.
Check out Pit Bull’s site for more info.
Axial has been teasing fans for a while now about a new vehicle arriving soon, many people think that’s it’s finally going to be the arrival of a Axial MOA (motor on axle) vehicle. Doing a little snooping we have found the following info. We don’t know if this is for their new vehicle or not.. but they do look like something interesting. They plan to officially announce the vehicle May 10th. Guess we’ll have to wait. But for now.. check out this info!
AX90017 Axial XR10 – 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD Rock Crawler Competition Kit
Complete “No-Compromise” competition ready kit
* All new front and rear specific nylon lightweight axles
* Low profile design for extra ground clearance
* Front steering axle with the ability to clock the motor up/down
* Rear axle is 16mm narrower to squeeze through the obstacles
* All new Behind the axle steering and oversized universals
* Enclosed steering slide with adjustable tie rods to adjust toe in/out
* 8* kingpin angle to increase steering response
* Double sheer knuckles with replaceable aluminum steering arm
* Adjustable C’s with splined design to provide caster adjustment in 15* increments
* Oversized 12.5mm universals with 4mm and 2.5mm cross-pins
* 45* of steering out of the box
* 37.9:1 Gear ratio using the included 14T Pinion. Gear box allows for use of 12-19T Pinions for gear ratios of 44.2:1 through 27.9:1.
* With the use of dual motors you can easily adjust your front and rear gear ratios independently for fine tuning.
* Front and Rear compact and lightweight gearboxes keep the motor tucked in close and above axle centerline for extra clearance
* Aluminum chassis plates with tapered molded nylon skid plate
* Chassis provides multiple upper link adjustment holes for suspension tuning
* Adjustable shock mounts for fine tuning ride height and driving style
* Adjustable body mounts move with shock mounts to provide finite adjustment (angle and height)
* Removable electronics tray for easy maintenance and installation
* Waterproof receiver box with wire routing guides
If you own a Losi Mini Rock Crawler, and it’s been collecting dust, this may be what you need to spark a little life back into it! The Duratrax Gatekeeper GC-3 Chassis conversion!
Head over to the RC Reviews section or click the image to check it out!
Continuing to put out the quality rc rock crawlers, RC4WD has announced a new truck. The 1/10 Bully 2.2 Comp RTR Crawler. The Bully is a MOA (Motor on Axle) competition crawler, with a 40:1 gear ratio, 2.4ghz radio with ESC, 45T brushed motor and even aluminum beadlock wheels!
The only thing you’ll need to add is a body, and battery. Retail is $499, but I’m pretty sure it will be much less in the store.
Visit RC4WD for more info!
Hey rock crawlers, here’s something new for you from RC4WD, check it out. They’re putting out a new 1.9″ class scaler kit, called the Boyer 1/10 Scale Truggy, that may be the most versatile and adjustable chassis ever made by an r/c manufacturer. I mean, look at it. Look at all those holes everywhere. The mind boggles at how many different ways you could set this chassis up.
Here’s just a short list of all the things that are adjustable on this chassis:
- Adjustable wheelbase
- Multiple shock mounting options
- Adjustable frame mounted servo — adjusts front to rear and up/down
- Adjustable rock sliders. Adjust in/out and front to back to fit any body.
- Front bumper can be adjusted front to rear and up/down with a plate to mount a winch.
Beyond all that, the complete kit comes with RC4WD’s popular and durable T-Rex axles, a full compliment of their OEM Steel 1.9″ wheels, some fat Rock Crusher meats, full ball bearings, dual spring shocks, a Bulldog 9500XT metal winch, plus more. The kit is designed to fit Tamiya’s Hilux, F350, and Tundra hard bodies, or it can be adjusted to fit any other polycarbonate bodies. If you don’t want the full kit, you can also get the chassis by itself and then mix-and-match your favorite parts.
The kit has a going price of $599.99 while the chassis only option is set at $299.99. Find out more about this John Boyer engineered piece of art at the RC4WD web site.
New from the folks at RC4WD comes the T-Runner Lexan Scale Body. It comes with molded front and rear bumpers, mirrors, and wiper blades! Also window masks and decals.
As an upgrade to your T-Runner body from the stock black parts, they have a chromed set that includes Front Bumper with grill, rear bumper, mirrors, wipers, and brush guard!
Visit RC4WD for more info!