We posted information on Schumacher’s new rear motor 2wd buggy back in September, now they have announced their new forward motor buggy, the Cougar KF. Like the name implies, its motor is mounted far forward in the chassis for high bite conditions, resulting in better handling. Shock tower protectors offer aerodynamic benefits, as well as added protection. Some of its other key features and specifications include-
* Stronger front steering hubs
* Hi-Tensile silver turnbuckles.
* 12mm wheel hexes
* Molded side pods
* 2.5mm carbon fiber chassis & top deck.
* Twin pad vented slipper
* Single belt transmission
* Can use saddle packs or shorty packs
* 4mm carbon fiber shock towers
* Pro spec 13mm big bore shocks with titanium nitride shafts
* AirFlo Cab body for improved looks and handling
* Black anodized components
* Gear Differential w/ hardened steel gears and super hard outputs
* CVA style driveshafts
The part number for the new Schumacher is #K143 and you can get more information at This Link.
Click Here for more Schumacher news on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Cougar KF Gallery
The latest from our friends across the pond at Schumacher is the Cougar KR 10th scale 2wd buggy. The Courgar KR is designed to be a professional grade race machine for low traction dirt surfaces. Some of its new features include-
* Improved rear diff
* 12mm wheel hexes
* Recessed alloy chassis
* Alloy anti-squat plate
* New wing mount system
* Improved front bumper
* Murdered out black anodizing
* New rear top deck
The part number for the Cougar KR is #K139 and it is priced at £220. For more information hit up THIS LINK.
Want more Schumacher news? Check out THIS LINK right here on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Cougar KR Gallery
We’ve all been there before- out bashing and a wire comes loose. The problem is, the nearest source of AC power might be miles away.
CORE RC is now selling a DC powered soldering iron. The iron operates on DC power sources from 7.2 to 12 volts, meaning you can use anything from a 6 cell Ni-MH pack, to a 3S Lipo, to the 12 volt battery in your full scale car for a power source. This means no matter where you are bashing you’ll have a soldering iron ready for duty.
The part number for the CORE RC DC soldering iron is #CR195, the street price is around $22, and we have not received word if it will be getting imported here to the states. To get more information check out THIS LINK over on the Schumacher UK site.
Have you read our last soldering iron review? If not you can check it out HERE.
Ever notice that most 4wd rc cars have too much front brake? Ever fly into a tight corner with your buggy and it pushes like a freight train because the front wheels lock up? Ever wish you could easily adjust the brakes more to the rear so that you could pivot around tight corners?
Schumacher has come up with a simple yet effective way of doing this on their Cat K1 buggy. The new Schumacher FAB (Front Adjustable Braking) System lets you dial in the exact amount of front brakes that you are looking for. Pressure pads are used to go from fully locked (full brake power) to fully backed off that performs like a one way layshaft. The FAB system should make it much easier to dial in the braking of the Cat K1 to any surface and comes with a normal vented slipper clutch on the opposite end.
The part number for the Schumacher FAB is #U4133 and HERE IS THE LINK to the official Schumacher website for more information.
Want to read more Schumacher news? Check out THIS LINK right here on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher has been teasing their new uber touring car since Nuremburg, but today they have released full information on the Mi5. One glance at the pictures tell much of the story, it’s radically new and trick from front to rear.
Perhaps the most startling new feature is its carbon fiber plate a-arms. Some of the other new stuff includes an ultra long top deck, pivot ball system for a-arm mounting, uber steering rack, and optional mid-motor mounting. The new Schumacher Mi5 comes as either a Pro Kit (part number #K137) or assembled (part number #K138). We have not received pricing information, but we are told the Mi5 is due out next month.
Looking for more Schumacher news? Hit up THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Mi5 Gallery
Another huge name in the European rc scene that had a booth at Nuremberg was Schumacher. The Schumacher crew was showing off all their latest and greatest including their new 4wd off-road racer, the Cat K1. Schumacher is also a distributor for Speed Passion, so all of Speed Passion’s goodies were also in their booth. Check out the gallery below to get a feel for what they had on display at the Toy Fair.
To get more information on Schumacher’s fine products click over to their Official Website, and HERE is the link to get more information on Speed Passion. Hit up THIS link to follow all of our BigSquidRC Toy Fair 2013 coverage.
Schumacher & Speed Passion Nuremberg Gallery
Schumacher teased us last week but now they’ve released full information on their all new uber 4wd race buggy, the Cat K1. If you are looking to go really, really fast off-road, the Cat K1 looks up to job. Some of the features and specs include-
* New Optimized 2 belt transmission with efficient low tension belts running on large CNC machined pulleys.
* New 2.0mm aluminium chassis with aerospace grade carbon fiber top deck.
* New Molded side pods for superb dirt protection.
* New Mid motor layout with adjustable motor position.
* New Chassis mounted, angled steering bell cranks for low C of G.
* New Steering rack design for improved dynamic ackerman throughout the steering range.
* New Long top deck for superior flex characteristics.
* New Black anodized components for the aggressive stealth look. (We call that “murdered out” here in America)
* New Medium flex suspension arms as standard.
* New Stronger pivot blocks and pivot block mounting system.
* New ‘High agility’ small bore shocks with big bore springs, titanium nitride shafts, threaded collars and twin o-ring sealing.
* New Machined tapered pistons with different colors for easy identification.
* New Optimum weight distribution with adjustable saddle pack layout.
* New Larger layshaft bearings.
* New Belt adjustment for consistent driveshaft geometry at all belt tensions.
* New Cab forward body shell for improved jump handling, bump stability and high speed cornering.
* New Large high down force rear wing enhances cab forward aero package.
* Super free, limited slip ball diffs with extreme high strength silicone nitride balls.
* Strong steel universal driveshafts.
* Rubber sealed, super precision ball bearings throughout.
* Smooth twin pad vented slipper with easy access adjustment.
* Unique motor clamp mount to fine tune weight distribution.
* Optional gear diff available.
* Rigid 4mm aero space carbon fiber shock towers.
Hit up the official Schumacher Website for more information on the Cat K1 and all of their other fine products. While you are at it, click This Link to view more Schumacher news right here on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Cat K1 Gallery
The guys across the pond at Schumacher put out a teaser today about their new CAT K1 4wd Buggy that is close to release. The new K1 is slated as new uber high end 10th scale racing rig, but we’ll have to wait a while longer to learn all the juicy details. Will it have shaft drive? Will it have an aluminum chassis? Time will tell. Till then, hit up the Official Schumacher Site to see what other fine products they have.
Looking for more Schumacher news? Take a look right HERE.
The jolly chaps over at Schumacher announced today a brand new cab forward body for their Cougar SV2 2wd electric buggy. The cab forward design increases steering and the body comes pre-cut with over-spray protection, window masks, and a trick looking Schumacher sticker sheet. Expect a street price of around $25, and look for them through the regular Schumacher outlets here in the states. HERE is the link on their official website for more information.
Are you a big fan of Schumacher products? Look HERE for more Schumacher news right here on BigSquidRC.
The guys over at Schumacher have announced a bunch of new tools from CORE RC. One of these tools are these 4″ plastic LCD calipers that sell for about £12. Many other different types of tools are available, hit up THIS link to view them all.
Schumacher also announced today they have opened up a new area on their website devoted strictly to overstocked and older items. Hit up this LINK for their new “Mega Clearance” section.
TGIF, HERE’s a video of BigSquid booth babe Mandi unboxing the Duratrax DXR8-E buggy.
Hot news out of the UK today is the announcement of Schumacher’s new Cougar SVR 2wd buggy. While Schumacher isn’t as big in the states as they used to be, they are still quite dominant in Europe, and they continue to put out high quality products.
The new Cougar SVR was specifically designed for low bite dirt surfaces. It includes an all new rear mounted transmission for optimal rear traction, new CVA driveshafts, as well as many more upgrades. For complete info take a look HERE.
Interested in other Schumacher articles here on BigSquid? Click HERE.
New Schumacher Cougar SVR 2wd Buggy Gallery
Pro-Line just announced two new bodies for Schumacher vehicles. The 2012 Bulldog for the Schumacher Cougar SV2 Pro, and the 2012 Bulldog for the Schumacher Cat SX3. The Bulldog bodies have been known for their aerodynamics as they guide the vehicles through the air and while on the ground. If your looking for a modern new body for your Schumacher, look no further.
Need more Pro-Line News? Click that link.
We just got word that Schumacher Racing will be the Thunder Power RC distributor for the UK, Spain and Portugal. This should help a lot of people get their hands on the Thunder Power line a little easier. It’s good to see both companies spreading out a little.
Head over to the Schumacher Racing or Thunder Power website for details and info.