With that crisp fall air comes indoor season- carpet, high traction, and high speed. New from Schumacher to go fast indoors is the SupaStox GT12. This 1/12th scale kit was designed to go faster and be easier to drive than ever before. Some of its new features include-
* LCG motor mounts
* Adjustable droop screws
* 2.5mm thick chassis
* Multiple servo positions
* Pivot front suspension
* Pivot ball rear end w/ back tube damper
* Adjustable Ackerman
If you are going to get one on order, the part number for the S1 chassis with diff is #K154, the fixed axle carbon fiber version is #K157, and you can get complete details over on the official Schumacher Website.
Want to know more about Schumacher products? Learn more on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher SupaStox GT12 Gallery
In the fight for touring car supremacy our friends over at Schumacher have released their latest high-end machine, the Mi5evo. The Mi5evo is entirely new to provide maximum performance on the track, or while blasting around the cul-de-sac. Some of its new features include-
* Ultra low center of gravity
* Wide span vertical top deck
* Motor 4.5mm closer to center of car
* Alloy & carbon fiber servo mount
* Shorter shocks with no loss of stroke
* No e-clips, grub screws used instead
* 4mm carbon fiber towers with optimized shock positions
* Lightweight 2.5mm hinge pins
* 3 point steering rack with bearings
The part number for the Mi5evo kit is #K148, the assembled version is #K150, and both are said to be available to the public on June 12th. Get full details at This Link over on Schumacher’s official website.
Find more Schumacher news at This Link on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Mi5evo Gallery
Schumacher has announced they are bringing back their 2 x 20 Stud front buggy tires. Stud tires are designed to penetrate and find traction in surfaces such as grass and AstroTurf, making them a good option for you guys that like to bash on the greener side of the fence. Schumacher is producing them in their long wearing yellow compound and they recommend that you use their #U6733 medium inserts for optimum traction.
The part number is #U6797, they are priced at around $15 a pair, and This Is The Link to check them out on the official Schumacher website.
You can read more Schumacher news at This Link on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher introduced a new entry level racing touring car at the Nuremburg show a few weeks ago, now they have released full information and pictures. The Mi1v2 was designed to be durable, easy to maintain, and fun to drive. Some of its highlights include-
* 4 wheel dual belt drive
* Aluminum motor mount and shock bodies
* Designed for use with LiPo batteries
* Ball diffs
* S1 composite chassis, towers and top deck
* 24 ball bearings
The part number is #K151 and you can get more information by clicking This Link.
Click Here for the first TGIF Mystery Link of the day.
The crew over at Schumacher have been putting out some pretty uber gear lately. They just announced today that they have updated their CAT K1 buggy, now it comes with a sleek new body, wing, shock tower nut guards, carbon fiber chassis, 12mm hexes, as well as other upgrades. With the aerodynamic updates they have dubbed the new version the CAT K1 Aero.
The part number for the K1 Aero is #K147 and it has a release date of mid-December. Check out This Link for more information.
Click Here for more Schumacher news on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Cat K1 Aero Gallery
We posted information on Schumacher’s new rear motor 2wd buggy back in September, now they have announced their new forward motor buggy, the Cougar KF. Like the name implies, its motor is mounted far forward in the chassis for high bite conditions, resulting in better handling. Shock tower protectors offer aerodynamic benefits, as well as added protection. Some of its other key features and specifications include-
* Stronger front steering hubs
* Hi-Tensile silver turnbuckles.
* 12mm wheel hexes
* Molded side pods
* 2.5mm carbon fiber chassis & top deck.
* Twin pad vented slipper
* Single belt transmission
* Can use saddle packs or shorty packs
* 4mm carbon fiber shock towers
* Pro spec 13mm big bore shocks with titanium nitride shafts
* AirFlo Cab body for improved looks and handling
* Black anodized components
* Gear Differential w/ hardened steel gears and super hard outputs
* CVA style driveshafts
The part number for the new Schumacher is #K143 and you can get more information at This Link.
Click Here for more Schumacher news on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Cougar KF Gallery
The latest from our friends across the pond at Schumacher is the Cougar KR 10th scale 2wd buggy. The Courgar KR is designed to be a professional grade race machine for low traction dirt surfaces. Some of its new features include-
* Improved rear diff
* 12mm wheel hexes
* Recessed alloy chassis
* Alloy anti-squat plate
* New wing mount system
* Improved front bumper
* Murdered out black anodizing
* New rear top deck
The part number for the Cougar KR is #K139 and it is priced at £220. For more information hit up THIS LINK.
Want more Schumacher news? Check out THIS LINK right here on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Cougar KR Gallery
We’ve all been there before- out bashing and a wire comes loose. The problem is, the nearest source of AC power might be miles away.
CORE RC is now selling a DC powered soldering iron. The iron operates on DC power sources from 7.2 to 12 volts, meaning you can use anything from a 6 cell Ni-MH pack, to a 3S Lipo, to the 12 volt battery in your full scale car for a power source. This means no matter where you are bashing you’ll have a soldering iron ready for duty.
The part number for the CORE RC DC soldering iron is #CR195, the street price is around $22, and we have not received word if it will be getting imported here to the states. To get more information check out THIS LINK over on the Schumacher UK site.
Have you read our last soldering iron review? If not you can check it out HERE.
Ever notice that most 4wd rc cars have too much front brake? Ever fly into a tight corner with your buggy and it pushes like a freight train because the front wheels lock up? Ever wish you could easily adjust the brakes more to the rear so that you could pivot around tight corners?
Schumacher has come up with a simple yet effective way of doing this on their Cat K1 buggy. The new Schumacher FAB (Front Adjustable Braking) System lets you dial in the exact amount of front brakes that you are looking for. Pressure pads are used to go from fully locked (full brake power) to fully backed off that performs like a one way layshaft. The FAB system should make it much easier to dial in the braking of the Cat K1 to any surface and comes with a normal vented slipper clutch on the opposite end.
The part number for the Schumacher FAB is #U4133 and HERE IS THE LINK to the official Schumacher website for more information.
Want to read more Schumacher news? Check out THIS LINK right here on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher has been teasing their new uber touring car since Nuremburg, but today they have released full information on the Mi5. One glance at the pictures tell much of the story, it’s radically new and trick from front to rear.
Perhaps the most startling new feature is its carbon fiber plate a-arms. Some of the other new stuff includes an ultra long top deck, pivot ball system for a-arm mounting, uber steering rack, and optional mid-motor mounting. The new Schumacher Mi5 comes as either a Pro Kit (part number #K137) or assembled (part number #K138). We have not received pricing information, but we are told the Mi5 is due out next month.
Looking for more Schumacher news? Hit up THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Mi5 Gallery
Another huge name in the European rc scene that had a booth at Nuremberg was Schumacher. The Schumacher crew was showing off all their latest and greatest including their new 4wd off-road racer, the Cat K1. Schumacher is also a distributor for Speed Passion, so all of Speed Passion’s goodies were also in their booth. Check out the gallery below to get a feel for what they had on display at the Toy Fair.
To get more information on Schumacher’s fine products click over to their Official Website, and HERE is the link to get more information on Speed Passion. Hit up THIS link to follow all of our BigSquidRC Toy Fair 2013 coverage.
Schumacher & Speed Passion Nuremberg Gallery
Schumacher teased us last week but now they’ve released full information on their all new uber 4wd race buggy, the Cat K1. If you are looking to go really, really fast off-road, the Cat K1 looks up to job. Some of the features and specs include-
* New Optimized 2 belt transmission with efficient low tension belts running on large CNC machined pulleys.
* New 2.0mm aluminium chassis with aerospace grade carbon fiber top deck.
* New Molded side pods for superb dirt protection.
* New Mid motor layout with adjustable motor position.
* New Chassis mounted, angled steering bell cranks for low C of G.
* New Steering rack design for improved dynamic ackerman throughout the steering range.
* New Long top deck for superior flex characteristics.
* New Black anodized components for the aggressive stealth look. (We call that “murdered out” here in America)
* New Medium flex suspension arms as standard.
* New Stronger pivot blocks and pivot block mounting system.
* New ‘High agility’ small bore shocks with big bore springs, titanium nitride shafts, threaded collars and twin o-ring sealing.
* New Machined tapered pistons with different colors for easy identification.
* New Optimum weight distribution with adjustable saddle pack layout.
* New Larger layshaft bearings.
* New Belt adjustment for consistent driveshaft geometry at all belt tensions.
* New Cab forward body shell for improved jump handling, bump stability and high speed cornering.
* New Large high down force rear wing enhances cab forward aero package.
* Super free, limited slip ball diffs with extreme high strength silicone nitride balls.
* Strong steel universal driveshafts.
* Rubber sealed, super precision ball bearings throughout.
* Smooth twin pad vented slipper with easy access adjustment.
* Unique motor clamp mount to fine tune weight distribution.
* Optional gear diff available.
* Rigid 4mm aero space carbon fiber shock towers.
Hit up the official Schumacher Website for more information on the Cat K1 and all of their other fine products. While you are at it, click This Link to view more Schumacher news right here on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Cat K1 Gallery
The guys across the pond at Schumacher put out a teaser today about their new CAT K1 4wd Buggy that is close to release. The new K1 is slated as new uber high end 10th scale racing rig, but we’ll have to wait a while longer to learn all the juicy details. Will it have shaft drive? Will it have an aluminum chassis? Time will tell. Till then, hit up the Official Schumacher Site to see what other fine products they have.
Looking for more Schumacher news? Take a look right HERE.