Looking for a high quality 8th scale brushless buggy that is RTR? Serpent has just announced their new Cobra Be RTR Buggy, a RTR 8th scale machine that is packed with performance.
Some of the highlights of the Cobra Be RTR are – waterproof speed controller, 2.4 GHz radio gear, metal gear servo, big bore shocks, aluminum shock towers, 7075 aluminum chassis, and 1850kv brushless motor. Part number for the new buggy is #600006 and you can get more information over on the Serpent Website.
Check out THIS LINK for more Serpent news right here on BigSquidRC.
Serpent Cobra Be RTR Gallery
If you are looking to build a high end 8th scale electric buggy before the Spring season starts, Cobra has just announced their latest, the Cobra 811 B-E 2.0. The latest Cobra offers all the latest technology and some very high grade materials, resulting in a buggy that should be a great piece of machinery. Some of the new features of the 811 BE 2.0 include-
* New wider rear end with new geometry for more rear traction
* Rear shocks moved to the back of the shocktower
* Longer rear shocks; with longer housing and shock rods for more travel
* Rear wing with integrated holders for the ballraced rear anti-roll bar
* Longer rear lower arms, new higher carbon shocktower, new upright
* Lexan mud-guards to mount on lower rear arms
* Nylon mud-scrapers mount on the rear uprights
* Improved differential gears – as already in the Be version
* Larger bearings in steering blocks and uprights 8X16X5 (2) and 15x21x4 (2),
* Transmission uses larger bearings, 8x19x6 and 13x19x4, and new couplers
* Part #600012
To get more information on the 811 BE 2.0 hit up THIS link. To view more information on Serpent, hit up THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
Serpent 811 B-E 2.0 Gallery
Serpent is known for putting out high-end product and now they are jumping into the 2wd 10th scale buggy segment with their new Spyder SRX-2. Designed by the likes of former IFMAR 1/10 2wd buggy World Champion Billy Easton, the newest Serpent is sure to be extremely high quality from front to back. The teaser pics of the SRX-2 don’t reveal much, but they are said to be showing it in the flesh at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, luckily we’ll be there to get pics and more information.
Also mentioned by Serpent is their intention to expand their product catalog, with new offerings like a 2wd ShortCourse, 2wd Truck, 4wd buggy and a 4wd Shortcourse on the way in the coming months. Sounds like Serpent is really upping their game!
Hit up the official Serpent Website for more information on all their latest products, and hit THIS link for more Serpent news right here on BigSquidRC.
The guys over at Serpent have just announced their new 411 Eryx 2.0 touring car. This 10th scale electric TC is improved in many ways, but primarily by having a lower center of gravity and better weight distribution. Some of the other key points on the new car are-
* Lighter gear differential with composite gears and coated aluminum out-drives
* Lowered steering system for more direct steering feel and lower CG
* Innovative floating servo-holder combined with steering-system; for less flex-influence
* Lower shock-towers FR and RR for lower CG
* Super short RCM shocks with softer membranes for lower CG and improved shock action
* New 2.25mm chassis plate for mounting split blocks
* Split inner suspension brackets FR and RR for more flex
* Harder suspension arms and C-hubs for more traction
* Kit includes 2 types of alu support brackets for the motor mount for more or less flex
* Part #400013
The latest Serpent is said to be shipping before the end of January with a similar price point to the older 411-TE. For more information hit up the official Serpent Website.
Looking for more Serpent news? HERE ya go.
Serpent 411 Eryx V 2.0 TC Gallery
The guys over at Serpent have been teasing their new 977 Viper for a while now, but they have just released 2 pictures and some basic info on what is sure to be one of the trickest 8th scale on-road cars to ever hit the market.
First off, the new 977 Viper uses approximately 80% all new parts, thus ensuring it isn’t just an updated 966 model. Parts held over from the older design were those that are proven rock solid- the Centax TrueMotion clutch, the 2-speed gearbox, the wheel/axle-sets, the driveshafts and the bumper. The new 977 Viper will be available in February 2013, and judging from the pictures it looks every bit as uber-high-tech as we’ve come to expect from Serpent. More information to come on this one, until then, check out the official Serpent Website.
Looking for more Serpent news on BigSquidRC? THIS is the link you want.
As the weather gets colder many rc’ers head indoors to their favorite carpet track. For those people Serpent has just announced their updated 12th scale pan car, the S120 LTX. Some changes have been made to give the new S120 LTX a more forgiving, stable feel while on the track. Some of the primary features include-
* New Carbon 2.0mm bi-directional woven chassis–plate in symmetrical design
* New Carbon 2.0mm bi-directional motor-pod plate
* New Carbon 2.5mm top-deck, shock-tower and tube top-plate
* Fully adjustable front end with suspension blocks in T6 aluminum
* Spring loaded steering blocks with easy adjustment pre-tension via Allen key
* Super smooth, fully adjustable, coated aluminium shock with foam
* 7075 T6 rear end parts for the motor-pod
* Lightweight and durable ball differential with aluminum shaft
* Foam bumper and durable body-posts
* Spring loaded nylon side-links
* Part #410005
We haven’t received pricing or availability information on this one yet, so keep an eye on the official Serpent Website for updates.
Yes, we have more Serpent news, click HERE to check it out.
Serpent S120 LTX Gallery
The crew over at Serpent have just announced a new touring car, the S411 RTR. Their new S411 RTR is based off their S411 sport chassis and comes fully assembled with a brushless power system, 2.4 GHz radio, pre-painted body, and pre-mounted tires. Some of the other features include-
* 10th scale 190mm
* 9 turn 3650 kv motor
* Dragon RC 35 amp speed controller
* Dragon RC 2.4 GHz radio system
* Dragon RC .13 speed, 6kg torque servo
* Race Spec chassis
* Front cvd’s, rear dog-bones
* Belt driven 4wd
* Front spool
* Rear gear diff
* Oil filled shocks
* Black glass fibre chassis parts
* Four color choices- Red, Green, Orange, and Blue
* Need 2S Lipo, charger and 4 AA batteries to complete
* Part #400007
We have not received pricing or availability information yet, keep an eye on Serpent’s Official Website for further information.
Look right HERE for more Serpent information right here on BigSquidRC.
Serpent S411 RTR Gallery
New from the crew over at Serpent is their upgraded 811 Team Edition Nitro Truggy. The Team Edition includes refinements to increase durability and make an already solid platform even better. Some of the highlights are-
* Improved diff couplers front and rear
* Larger bearings in the steering blocks and uprights
* New front shaft
* New wheel-axles with rubber dust boots
* New larger rear CVD’s
* Part #600035
Early November is the expected release date and you can find out more information on Serpents official Website.
Looking for more Serpent news? We have it right HERE.
Serpent 811 Team Edition Truggy Gallery
Serpent Model Racing is here in force at the iHobby show. Serpent is showing off some of their high end off road machines and their support for the industry. Hit THIS link for the official Serpent website.
Looking for more Serpent news right here on BigSSquidRC? THIS is the link you want.
Serpent iHobby Gallery
The guys over at Serpent have announced an updated Version 2.0 of their popular 811 8th scale nitro buggy. Most of the updates have been done to gain steering and to give a more responsive rear end. Some of the updates include-
* Longer rear arms
* Bigger rear shocks
* Re-located rear shocks
* Lexan mud guards on rear arms
* Nylon mud scrapers on front uprights
* Improved diff gears
* Comes with Serpent Avenger Cab Forward body
Pricing will be right in line with their older TE edition, and you can get more information right HERE on Serpents official website.
Looking for more Serpent news here on BigSquidRC? HERE is the link you want.
Another super high-end rc company is Serpent. These guys always have vehicles that make you say wow. Their booth at the Nuremberg Toy Fair had some great new vehicles. The Serpent Cobra GT body is just awesome, their F1 stuff is pretty cool, and those buggies and truggies look ready for action. Enjoy the pics!
Serpent Gallery 1
Don’t forget to click past the break to see the other serpent pics!
For all those Serpent fans out there, it looks like you’ll have a new 1/8 scale buggy to start saving your money for real soon! The Serpent 811 Cobra! There is a bunch of info and pictures up on the official Serpent.com web site, and it sounds like Billy Easton had a big part in this one. Some highlights are anti-roll sway bars, captured transmission to keep everything together, floating clunk fuel tank design to keep you running during rollovers, all linkages and camber links are captured, so no popping of ball cups, and all sorts of other nice finishing touches.