If you have a big application (8th scale buggy/truggy, monster truck), you need a big speed controller. Team Orion has just announced their new brushless ESC for 8th scale applications, the Vortex R8 Pro X. The R8 Pro X comes with a new aluminum case and fan to help keep it running cool, while new and improved software makes it easier to drive.
* Maximum cell count 6S
* Adjustable BEC from 6 to 7.2 volts
* Works on both sensored and sensorless motors
* Comes with Deans connectors
* Forward/brake/reverse, forward/brake, and forward/reverse (Crawler) modes
The part number is #ORI65129 and you can get complete details by clicking on This Link.
Want to read more Orion news? Try out This Link on BigSquidRC.
Team Orion has come up with a nifty way of answering the age old question, “Is that pack charged?”. With Orion’s new LED Voltage Control System all you have to do is press a button on the end of the pack to see if the pack is fully charged, empty, or partially charged. The Orion LED voltage system is fast, easy to use, and can’t get lost in your pit box like other voltage meters can.
Check out the video below to learn more and you can hit up This Link to visit the official Team Orion website.
Click Here for more Team Orion news on BigSquidRC.
Team Orion has announced the latest additions to their LiPo battery line-up. The new Orion LiPos use all the latest technology to achieve discharge rates of 100C while utilizing up to a 5C charge rate. These packs use a robust hard case to protect the cells inside and a JST-XH connector for balancing. The new packs include-
ORI14058 Carbon Pro 7200 1S (Tubes)
ORI14059 Carbon Pro 6000 2S (Deans Plug)
ORI14060 Carbon Pro 7200 2S (Deans Plug)
ORI14061 Carbon Pro 6000 2S (Tubes)
ORI14062 Carbon Pro 7200 2S (Tubes)
ORI14063 Carbon Pro 5800 Saddle Pack (Tubes)
ORI14064 Carbon Pro 5800 Saddle Pack (Deans Plug)
ORI14065 Carbon Pro 5800 2S Saddle Block (Tubes)
ORI14066 Carbon Pro 4500 2S Shorty Pack
To visit the official Orion website hit up This Link.
Some installs require the use of a space saving low-profile servo, while other installs require the use of a waterproof unit. If you are in need of both, Team Orion has a new servo for you. Their Vortex VDS2-HV XS 1007 is both low-profile and waterproof, making it a good choice for a number of applications. It also has good specifications with 0.07 for speed and a torque rating of 10kg/cm.
It has a part number of #ORI68028 and you can get complete information at This Link over on the official Team Orion website
Click Here for more Team Orion news right here on BigSquidRC.
Team Orion has a new ESC for all you hardcore 8th scale drivers out there. Their Vortex R8.1 Pro was made just for 8th scale applications and even comes with a machined aluminum case. Some of its other specifications and features include-
* Works with sensored and sensorless motors
* Includes reverse and crawler mode
* Comes with Deans connector
* Comes with cooling fan
* BEC output of 6 or 7.2V
* Rated for 180amps continuous
* Maximum cell count- 4S Lipo
The Team Orion Vortex R8.1 Pro has a part number of #ORI65125. For more Orion news check out This Link on BigSquidRC.
The Team Orion Advantage Touch Duo is the first touch screen two channel charger that you can buy. It is also AC/DC, so you can use wall power at your house or charge off your car battery while at the local bash spot. Some of its other features and specifications include-
* Max charge rate 10 amps per channel
* 4″ color touch screen
* Comes with charger stand for better view angle
* Internal 200 watt power supply
* Charges Li-Po, Li-Fe, Li-Ion, Ni-MH, Ni-Cd, & PB batteries
* Max cell count 6S Lipo on each channel
* Universal balancing boards included
The part number for the Orion Advantage Touch Duo is #ORI30237 and it has a street price of $249.
The team over at Orion have been announcing all kinds of new products lately and their latest is a touch screen charger named the Advantage Touch Advance. This is an AC/DC unit (built in 100 watt PS), so you don’t have to pack around a separate power supply, and can charge at up to a 10 Amp rate. The Advantage Touch can charge up to 6S Lipo or 15 cell NiMH. Some of its other features and specs include-
* Microprocessor controlled advanced digital circuit
* Input Voltage: 11-18VDC and 100-240VAC
* Screen: Spectra TFT 400×240 color touch screen
* Functions: charge, discharge, storage, cycle, balance
* Cells supported: LiPo/LiFe/LiIon 1-6S, NiMH/NiCd 1-15, Pb 2-20V
* Charge Current: adjustable 0.1-10A
* Discharge Current: adjustable 0.1-5A (10W max)
* Charge and discharge curve graphic engine
* ATTS Advanced Touch Technology Software
* HPC High Precision Charging System
* Cycle modes: C->D, D->C, D->C->D
* Unique 4-in-1 Balancing Board included (XH, TP/FP, EH, HP/PQ)
* Balancing: adjustable on/off
* Advanced Stand Alone Balancing
* Discharge Cut-off voltage: adjustable
* Charge and discharge data storage for later review
* Adjustable automatic delta-peak charge cutoff
* Temperature monitoring and cut-off (optional)
* TRX-, Deans-, EC3-, Tamiya-, Crocodile Clips, BEC- and Futaba- charging cables
* Dimensions: L 170mm x W 158mm x H 45mm
* Weight: 744g
* American part #ORI30209
No word on a street price or a release date yet, but hit up the official Team Orion Website for the scoop on their other products.
The guys over at Team Orion have a new Lipo that is quite interesting- you can get it with two pairs of 12 gauge wire that terminates in a Dean’s, or you can get it with four 4mm bullet outputs. Orion states that this helps lower resistance, thus giving you more power. Another interesting feature of their latest pack is its capacity- 8000 mah from a standard ROAR form factor (138mm x 46mm x 24mm), to give you more run-time. Part numbers for the Orion Carbon Pro 2S 8000 mah 90C Lipo packs are #ORI14056 for bullets and #ORI14057 for Deans.
No word on a street price or release date yet, but you can hit up the official Orion Website for more information. For more Orion news on BigSquidRC, HERE is the link you want.
The guys over at Orion have introduced a new Battery Safety Bag for use while storing and/or charging your battery packs. The Team Orion bag is made out of a fire resistant material and uses a hook and loop flap for easy access. The bag holds up to two 2S Lipo batteries and you can expect a street price of around $20. Hit up THIS link for more information on the official Orion website.
Looking for more Lipo battery information right here on BigSquidRC? Try THIS link.
This video is pretty cool. Team Orion just posted a video showing how their Lipo batteries are made. Sort of a mini tour of the factory, the production process, stuff like that. Check out the video below.
New from Team Orion is the Carbon Pro WTS (Weight Transfer System) Lipo Battery. The new battery has a 90C discharge rate, and comes in the new carbon fiber case with an adjustable weight system. You can adjust the weight of the pack from 204 g (without weights) to 411 g with all 3 brass weights installed. The 4000mah packs will really let you fine tune your rides.
Team Orion is going to be distributing the new Hype Powerhouse X20 LCD power supply. The X20 features adjustable volt/amp output with maximums of 15V and 20A of power available. The LCD screen tells you exactly how much the X20 is putting out. The power outputs are gold-plated 4mm banana plugs and they are switched so you can turn the power off when you don’t need it. There’s no other info available, it’s not even showing up on the Team Orion web site yet, so just keep your eyes open for price and availability.