TrakPower has an affordable new 60 watt iron called the TK60. The TK60 should have enough power for most of the soldering jobs you come across in the rc hobby and has a street price of only $15. The part number for the TK60 is #TKPR1000.
To go with the TK60 soldering iron, TrakPower has announced a new deluxe iron holder and cleaning wire. These are both affordable accessories that will come in handy while working on your trucks. Part number for the iron holder is #TKPR1020 and it has a street price of $5. The part number for the cleaning wire is #TKPR1015 and it comes with a street price of only $8. To get more information on all things TrakPower THIS is the link to their official website.
Want to see more cool TrakPower gear? Check out THIS LINK right here on BigSquidRC.
THE TrakPower MS Series 8.5 Turn Brushless Racing System Review
We reviewed the TrakPower 10.5 MS Series system a few weeks and found out it was indeed a high quality product. Today we’ll be taking a closer look at the 8.5 turn version. Is it a lot faster than the 10.5? Is it the best sensored system money can buy? Hit the “read more” button and lets find out…
Thankfully April Fools day is over and we can switch back from “Racer” news to what we are all about, covering the bash scene.
If you are looking for a high-end battery to power your bash machine the crew over at TrakPower has a new line-up of hard case Lipo’s. These new Lipo’s pack more punch with 80C discharge rates and they come with either 4mm bullet or genuine Deans connectors.
The new models include-
* TKPC0505 2S 7.4V 4600mAh 80C Hard Case 4mm ($69)
* TKPC0395 2S 7.4V 5600mAh 60C Hard Case 4mm ($99)
* TKPC0510 2S 7.4V 6000mAh 80C Hard Case Deans ($99)
* TKPC0515 2S 7.4V 6000mAh 80C Hard Case 4mm ($99)
* TKPC0520 2S 7.4V 7200mAh 80C Hard Case Deans ($119)
* TKPC0525 2S 7.4V 7200mAh 80C Hard Case 4mm ($119)
* TKPC0530 2S 7.4V 6000mAh 80C Hard Case Saddle Pack ($99)
* TKPC0535 4S 14.14V 6800mAh 80C Hard Case Deans ($199)
THE TrakPower MS Series 10.5 Turn Brushless Racing System Review
You don’t see a lot of sensored 10.5 brushless systems being used by hardcore bashers. Why? Because they typically don’t have the yank needed for the bashing crowd. Today we’ll be taking an in depth look at the latest sensored system from TrakPower, their MS Series 10.5, to see if it is bash worthy or if it should be left for track use only. Let’s jump right in shall we?
THE TrakPower DPS 12 Volt 25 Amp Power Supply Review
If you are into the rc hobby to stay there are a few items that you use all the time where spending the extra money on a high end item is worth it. For example, a good transmitter will last for years and be worth every extra penny. On that same note, if you are a serious hobbyist you need a good 12 volt power supply. A good power supply is well worth the extra cash as the years pass by.
When TrakPower introduced their new VR-1 Battery Charger they also introduced a mating power supply called the DPS 12v 25 amp. When we reviewed the VR-1 the DPS worked as a perfect mate for it, since then we’ve been running the tar out of it on a variety of other battery chargers to see how it stacks up. Let’s get on to the review shall we?
THE TrakPower VR-1 Dual Channel Balancing Battery Charger Review
TrakPower is becoming one of the most respected names in the rc biz via putting out high quality gear for both the racing and basher crowds. Today we’ll be taking a look at their top shelf battery charger, the VR-1 Dual Channel, to see if it indeed is one of the elite chargers on the market. Does the VR-1 give a quality charge? Is it easy to use? And most importantly, is it worth your cash? Read on…
The folks over at TrakPower have four new receiver packs to keep the servos on your nitro or gas machine working for a long time. These Lipo & LiFe packs not only provide long times, but also plenty of voltage for those high-end servos of yours.
* Generous capacities result in extended run times
* Available in flat and hump configurations
* All include standard connectors
* TKPC2011 2S 2400mAh LiPo Rx Flat Pack ($34.99)
* TKPC2015 2S 2700mAh LiPo Rx Hump Pack ($34.99)
* TKPC2101 2S 1600mAh LiFe Rx Flat Pack ($29.99)
* TKPC2105 2S 1900mAh LiFe Rx Hump Pack ($31.99)
These packs should be available in the next couple of weeks, hit up the official TrakPower Website for more information.
Looking for more TrakPower news? Check out THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
TrakPower has introduced the new MS Series Racing Brushless System. These new brushless combos are designed for 1/10th scale off-road and on-road action. They feature ROAR- and IFMAR-legal motors, and come in six turn options. You can get a 6.5 turn all the way up to a 21.5 turn. The ESC features an all aluminum case to help eliminate the heat, so no need for a fan which we dig!
More info is available on the Trakpower website if you need more details.
TrakPower MS Brushless Gallery
Here is the video from TrakPower that also happens to be the 500th video posted to the Hobbico YouTube page! Congrats to Hobbico on hitting the big 500!
Looking for more TrakPower news here on BigSquidRC? Check out THIS link.
The latest video from Trakpower showcases all the features and specs of their VR-1 battery charger and DPS 25 amp power supply. From a sweet looking, tilt-able screen, to a large back-lit display, to the ability to plug the charger directly into the power supply, this Trakpower duo makes a great combo. Check out the video below to see them in action.
Looking for more Trakpower news here on BigSquidRC? Check out THIS link.
Since we first reported HERE, TrakPower has released more information on their new VR-1 Dual Channel Charger and DPS 12 volt 25 amp power supply.
The computerized DC powered VR-1 can charge two batteries at once and hosts a slew of the high end features that you are looking for. Some of the specs and features include-
* Fast Charge Current: 0.1-20.0A (0.1A increments)
* Discharge Current: 0.1-10.0A (0.1A increments)
* Charges 1-6 cell LiPo/Li-Ion and LiFe
* Charges 1-14 cell NiCd/NiMH
* Charges 1-12 cell Pb (Lead Acid)
* Capable of charging two different chemistries simultaneously
* Docks directly to the DPS Power Supply eliminating cables and freeing up pit space
* Charges at 20A on channel 1 (up to 6S) and 6A (up to 4S) on channel 2
* Tiltable reverse backlit (128 x 64mm) 21×8 character graphic LCD display
* Display Backlight: White
* Four membrane pushbuttons with jog/dial switch
* Includes battery storage mode
* Input Voltage: 11-15V external DC power supply
* PC Communications: USB to UART device type
* Case Material: Aluminum and plastic
* Cooling System: Built-in, two 40mm and one 25mm DC fan
* Case Size: 7.1 x 6.1 x 2.5″ (180 x 155 x 65mm)
* Weight: 2.1lbs (970g)
* External Port: Temperature sensor probe, Mini USB
* Delta Peak Detection: NiCd: 5-25mV, NiMH: Zero-15mV/cell
* Trickle Charge: Off, 50-500mA, auto
* Charge Cutoff Temperature: 50-176°F (10-80°C)
* Charge Voltage: NiCd/NiMH: 2.0V/cell (fixed), LiPo: 3.7-4.2V/cell
* Balance Current: 300mAh
* Discharge Cut-off voltage: NiCd/NiMH: 0.1-1.2V/cell, LiPo: 2.5-4.2V/cell, Li-Ion: 2.5-4.1V/cell
* Discharge Wattage: 80W
* Balance Cells: 6 cells
* Memory: 40 models
* Charge Method: CC/CV for lithium types, Auto, normal, linear, GMVIS, Impulse, reflex and repeak for Ni-XX
* Channel 2: Fast Charge Current: 0.1-6.0A, Battery Types/Cells: NiCd/NiMH: 1-10 cells, LiPo/Li-Ion/LiFe: 1-4 cells
* Part #: TKPP5000
To perfectly power the VR-1 is the new TrakPower DPS 12 volt 25 amp power supply. The DPS pumps out 25 amps of power and mates right up as a base for the VR-1, saving space on your table and generally looking very trick. Part number for the power supply is #TKPP5505.
Street price for the VR-1 charger is $199, while the street price for the DPS power supply is $99. Hit up the official TrakPower Website for more information on this uber charging combination.
Hit THIS link to read more TrakPower news right here on BigSquidRC.
New from our friends over at TrakPower is a vinyl carb and pipe cover assortment to help keep debris out of your nitro engine. These covers pop right over your carb intake and exhaust outlet to keep such things as dirt and water out of the vital workings of your nitro engine. The smallest size cover can be also used as a cap for your fuel bottle. Each assortment contains 2 each of 4 different sizes and have a street price of only $3. Hit up the official TrakPower Website for more information.
TGIF, what surprise awaits you at THIS mystery link?
THE TrakPower 2S 7.4v 60C 5400 Mah Saddle Pack Lipo Battery Review
Back in the day saddle pack batteries got a lot of use, then for years they seemed to fade away. Once again chassis designers are going back to using saddle packs to help optimize weight distribution. Today we’ll be reviewing TrakPower’s entry into the saddle pack Lipo wars, their 60C 5400′s. Are they worth your cash? Let’s see…
There are very few things that actually cause us to drool instantly, but this new combo from TrakPower triggered our inner Pavlov’s dog. On top is the new Trakpower VR-1 dual racing charger, and on the bottom is the Trakpower DPS 12v 25A power supply. Could this be the charger to finally make us give up our beloved ICE chargers?
The VR-1 charger boasts dual outputs with built-in balancing, tiltable backlit screen, and 40 model memory! The DPS Power Supply lets the VR-1 dock directly on top, has multiple outputs for up to 3 devices, and it looks like both even a USB ports for charging things like your phone.
Adding this one to our must buy list.
Need more TrakPower news from Big Squid RC? Hit the link