The Traxxas Rally Car is now out in full force, sliding, drifting, and jumping around local bash spots. The crew over at T-Bone Racing/TBR have created a new racer style front bumper for all you Traxxas Rally Car bash-a-holics. The new front bumper provides protection across the entire front of the car and is made from durable nylon with a rubber edging. The bumper comes with all the mounting screws you’ll need in addition to TBR stickers and has a street price of $15. Hit up the TBR Website for complete details.
Looks like we made it guys, TGIF.
The Traxxas Rustler VXL is an extremely popular bash machine, but like any truck, with the right parts its performance can be raised to an entirely new level. The crew over at Pro-Line just did a hop-up article on the Traxxas Rustler showing you how to “Uber-Out” your truck. Taking the Rustler from mild to wild, they show you all the Pro-Line hop-ups that bolt right up on the Rustler. These hop-ups include the Pro-Line Pro-Trac suspension kit, Pro-Line hinge pin set, performance transmission, Powerstroke shocks, Pro-2 clamping hexes, PL serrated wheel nuts, extended body mount kit, performance steering kit, 2.8 Desperado wheels, Pro-Line tires, and Bulldog body. If you are interested in doing the Pro-Line mods to your Rustler hit up THIS link to view all the information on their official blog.
Looking for more Pro-Line news here on BigSquidRC? THIS is the link you want to click.
More than a few people have been waiting for this announcement! The STRC LCG Chassis for the Traxxas Slash 4×4 is now available! The kit lowers the battery, motor, and all the electronics bringing the over all center of gravity way down. The list of stuff you get for $99 is pretty impressive, check it out:
• CNC Machined Hard anodized HD front bulkhead
• CNC Machined Hard anodized 4mm aluminum lower chassis.
• 2.5mm Graphite Upper Deck (holes pre-drilled for stock receiver box)
• CNC Machined aluminum motor mount and motor cam (motor cam allows for maintenance on the motor without losing gear mesh)
• CNC Machined aluminum rear suspension mount (x2)
• CNC Machined aluminum battery brackets and center block
• Graphite battery hold down strap
• CNC Machined aluminum chassis posts, steering posts, and spacers
• CNC Machined aluminum front sway bar mount (x2)
• CNC Machined aluminum light weight servo mount
• All hex drive hardware included
• Designed with racing in mind for 550 motor and 2S lipo (3S compatible (certain plug type might need modifications))
• Available in Blue or Black anodizing (with hard anodized lower chassis and front bulkhead) and very limited quantity in Orange, Green, Silver and Red
STRC Slash 4x4 LCG Gallery
Hopefully we get our hands on one soon for a full review.
Head over now to the ST Racing Concepts webpage to order.
Looking for other ST Racing Hop Up News? Click HERE.
We received a note from the crew over at Traxxas letting us know they have a unique way to ensure the Lipo battery you get with a new Traxxas vehicle is factory fresh. Lipo’s lose capacity over time, even if just sitting on a shelf, so the newer your Lipo is, the stronger and longer run-time that it will have.
“Factory-Fresh Power Cell Performance
To assure you experience the full capacity, voltage, and performance we build into every Power Cell LiPo pack, the LiPo battery included with your model is supplied separately at the time of purchase. This makes certain you receive a pack that is “factory fresh.” You can even upgrade to a different Power Cell LiPo to suit your preference for capacity and voltage. See your participating hobby dealer for all the Traxxas Power Cell battery upgrade options. With Traxxas, Power Cell LiPo performance is a promise.
Traxxas models don’t stay on shelves long, so putting the LiPo battery in the box would probably be OK. But by providing the battery separately, you can be certain the pack is “fresh,” and is the latest version of the battery should there be any running changes to the pack. You can also select a different Power Cell battery if you like, and pay the difference–for example, you can take home a 3S pack with the Slash 4X4 Ultimate instead of the supplied 2S pack. Actual pricing for battery swaps will vary by dealer and the battery selection you make, but it’s always a better deal than paying full price for a second battery.”
To get more information on Traxxas Lipo batteries and all their fine products hit up their Official Website.
Thank Goodness It’s Friday, care for a mystery LINK?
Are you looking for maximum protection on your new Traxxas Maximum Destruction monster jam replica truck? If so, check out the new basher series front bumper from T-Bone Racing. The new front bumper is big, wide, and made out of tough nylon to take the toughest of hits. The bumper includes stainless steel mounting screws, stickers, and T-Bone Racing’s lifetime warranty. Street price is $12 and you can get more information on all of TBR’s products on their Official Website.
TGIF, the weekend is upon us, time to get outside and bash it up!
If you are a loyal electric Traxxas Slash, Stampede, Bandit, or Rustler owner, then you already know some of the downside of the stock gearbox. One of the biggest problems is the motor bolts to a plastic plate rather than metal, not giving a place for all that motor heat to dissipate to.
RPM Products is legendary in the bashing world and are proud to announce their new hybrid gearbox housing and rear mounts for Traxxas electric 2wd’s. The kit comes with a new gearbox case, a 3mm thick 6061 aluminum motor plate, and 0 degree and 3 degree rear mounts. You can get the kit in three different colors- blue, green, and black, and they have a retail price of only $30. Also, each kit has been designed and manufactured right here in the USA. Hit up the RPM Website for more information on all their uber-basher products.
Want to completely re-do the rear end of your Slash/Pede/Rustler/Bandit? Check out THIS link.
Looking for more RPM news here on BigSquidRC? Click right HERE.
Traxxas has sold thousands of Ultimate Slash 4×4′s but they are bound to sell a lot more with the updates that come on it now. Traxxas is now including their new LCG chassis, a Lipo battery, their TQi radio, and GTR shocks on the Ultimate series Slash 4×4 for your driving enjoyment. Some of the other specs and features of the Ultimate Slash 4×4 include-
* NEW- Rigid low center of gravity chassis design
* NEW- Power Cell 5000mAh 2-cell LiPo battery
* NEW- AC 2-cell and 3-cell LiPo charger
* NEW- Hard-anodized and PTFE coated 13mm bore GTR aluminum shocks w/ 3.5mm titanium nitride shafts
* NEW- Factory installed speed, temp, and voltage telemetry sensors
* TQi 2.4GHz Radio System with Docking Base
* 5-channel Traxxas Link micro receiver
* Blue-anodized aluminum C-Hubs
* Blue-anodized aluminum steering blocks
* Blue-anodized aluminum rear hub carriers
* Blue-anodized aluminum axle nuts
* Front and rear swaybars with included optional extra-stiff swaybar set
* S1-compound, officially-licensed BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A tires
* Sealed, silicone-filled center differential (included separately)
Hit up the official Traxxas Website for more information, or hit THIS link for more Traxxas news right here on BigSquidRC.
Traxxas Ultimate Slash 4x4 LCG Gallery
If you are in the the Traxxas Funny Car / Drag Racing scene, they have just released a bunch of hop-ups to help bling out and toughen up your ride! There are a bunch of new aluminum parts like the Wheelie Bar Link, Suspension Link, Front Tie Bar, Suspension Mount, and Steering Blocks. You can also at new GTR Shocks, and Headers.
You can hit the Traxxas Website for details. Most of the hop-ups are between $10 and $30, except for the Shocks which will be closer to $60. The header pipes were not priced yet.
Need more Traxxas news? Click HERE.
The folks from Traxxas want to make sure your tires stay on at high speeds! Welcome the new Ultra Premium Traxxas Tire Glue that is Certified for 100+mph use! That sounds like a nice challenge we might have to put to the test. The PR says it’s the only glue certified for the Traxxas XO-1.
You can hit the Traxxas Website for details. Retail price is at $9.99
Check out all of our other Traxxas news right HERE on BigSquidRC.
It has been a few days since we posted the rumor, but Traxxas has finally released full information on their new 2wd Nitro Slash. The Nitro Slash comes with the powerful TRX 3.3 engine, and should be nuclear fast at your favorite bash spot. Some of the highlights of the new Nitro Slash are-
* TQ 2.4GHz Radio System
* High-Torque steering and throttle servos
* Oil filled ultra shocks
* Dual stage air filter
* Slipper clutch
* Officially licensed BFGoodrich tires
* Race Replica SCT wheels with color-coordinated centers and beadlock trim
* Metal gear diff
* Double deck 6061-T6 aluminum and composite chassis
* Aggressive, authentic Pro 2WD body design
* TRX® 3.3 engine with EZ-Start® electric starting
* Tuned exhaust system with blue-anodized aluminum header
* Compact enclosed receiver box
* High-flow dual-stage air filter
* Large capacity 150cc fuel tank
* Heavy-duty drivetrain with rubber-sealed ball bearings
* Ready-To-Race® with race replica factory-finished and decaled body
* Gear ratio- 2.81
* Length- 22.24″
* Track- 11.65″
* Height- 7.4″
* Wheelbase- 13.07″
* Weight- 7.78 lbs
* Includes- EZ-Start® Power Cell and Charger, Fuel Bottle, Extra Glow Plug and Air Filter, Precision Tool Set
* Part #44054
Street price for the Nitro Slash is said to be right at
$600 $399 and you can expect a late January release date. For more information hit up the Traxxas Website.
We have lots more Traxxas news right HERE on BigSquidRC.
Traxxas 2wd Nitro Slash Gallery
There has been no official word yet from TRAXXAS, but rumors are flying about a new Traxxas Nitro Slash being announced soon! So we are going to keep this filled under the rumor mill category till we get the official word. It sounds like it’s based loosely off their new LCG style with a aluminum chassis, and the popular 3.3TRX Racing Engine. The bigger shock is the rumor of 2WD! For all those Traxxas Slayer fans looking for a change?
As soon as we get more details we will post them up, so stay tuned!
COMMENTS ON! Lets hear what you think about this one!
Traxxas is in the news all the time HERE on BigSquidRC, check it out.
We’ve received news that the LCG Traxxas Slash 4×4 Platinum Edition #6804R is now shipping and you should be seeing them in your local hobby shops any day now. This is the newer version of the Platinum 4×4 Slash that comes with the LCG chassis and new GTR big bore aluminum shocks, a version that a lot of people have been waiting for. The waiting is nearly over, but until yours comes in hit up the Traxxas Website for more information on all of their products.
Traxxas is in the news all the time HERE on BigSquidRC, check it out.
The crew over at Pro-Line have done a post on their blog about all their hop-ups that bolt right on to the new Traxxas Rally Car. In the post they explain exactly which of their hop-ups work, from Pro-Trac suspension parts, to adding a Pro-Line Ford Rally body, to using their uber Thumb Washer Kit that we can’t get enough of. Check out all the mods they performed right HERE.
Can’t get enough information on Pro-Line? Check out THIS link for more Pro-Line news right here on BigSquidRC.