XRay has just announced their newly upgraded 8th scale nitro on-road car, the RX8 ’13.
The new RX8 boasts a bunch of improvements, most notably- a new clutch, low pro shock set-up, and a new fuel tank. All the changes are said to make the RX8 easier to drive, faster, and even more reliable.
Want to learn more about this beauty? Xray has a lot more details on every aspect of the new RX8 ’13 over at THIS LINK.
Happy Friday everyone, we’ve finally made it to another weekend. Close your eyes and hit “enter” on a BSRC TGIF Mystery LINK.
XRay RX8 '13 Gallery
One of the most highly regarded rc manufactures worldwide is XRay. They are known for using quality materials and their solid design principles.
New from XRay is the 2013 version of their NT1 10th scale nitro touring car. This latest version hosts a slew of improvements over the previous model. Some of the major changes are new shocks, new towers, new chassis, new bulkheads and new driveshafts (among many other things). If you are looking for an elite nitro touring car, the 2013 NT1 should be on your list.
We’ve received no word on a potential price point or release date, but you can get more information and photo’s over on XRay’s Official Website.
What’s the best way to kick your weekend off right? To enjoy one of our TGIF Mystery Links of course.
XRay NT1 2013 Gallery
XRay sent out teaser information on their 2013 spec XB9 8th Scale Buggy at the first of the year, now they’ve released full information and photo’s. The 2013 XB9 is a culmination of years of testing and research, surely it will go down as one of the most elite 8th scale racers ever produced.
The changes for the 2013 XB9 include-
* New longer and wider chassis for increased stability and weight balance
* New engine position and internal component layout to improve performance, efficiency and durability
* New updated side guards
* New fuel tank with floating stone type fuel filter
* New high-torque clutch set
* New heavier high-torque flywheel
* New high-torque clutch shoes
* New high-torque clutch springs
* New 16° caster blocks suitable for majority of track conditions
* New steering blocks for increased corner speed
* New Ackermann position for increased corner speed
* New HUDY Spring Steel™ turnbuckles with new size
* New front shock tower with new roll center positions
* New rear shock to accommodate optional longer chassis brace
* New longer muffler mounting to accommodate all types of mufflers
For more information on the XB9 check out the official XRay Website, and for even more XRay news check out THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
2013 XRay XB9 Buggy Gallery
Juraj Hudy and the crew over at XRay have been hard at work coming up with an all new XB9 nitro off road buggy for 2013. The XB9 has been a solid buggy since it was first introduced, this all new update should push it to yet another level of performance and durability. Some of the all new features and parts include-
* Innovative XRAY Multi-Flex™ setting
* All-new and improved weight balance and weight distribution
* Easy chassis flex setting for traction and stability adjustment
* More forgiving and easy-to-control handling
* Long-term tested by team and regular drivers in all standard conditions
* Focus on smallest details to increase performance, handling, and reliability
* All-new shocks with completely redesigned parts
* New drivetrain parts for increased performance, weight balance, traction, and reliability
* New narrower chassis is more flexible in longitudinal direction and stiffer in lateral direction
* New chassis flex adjustment
* New radio box plate with batteries relocated to front
* New side guards with Multi-Flex™ adjustment
* New high-downforce body with side guides and improved engine cooling
* New rear wing with increased side stability and increased downforce
* New rear wing was specifically designed to work with the new body
* New more-reliable central drivetrain with larger outdrives and new central drive shafts with 3mm pins
* New drive shaft locking rings prevent the driveshaft from coming apart
For more information on this and all of XRay’s high end vehicles hit up the official XRay Website.
We finally made it through the first week of 2013, to celebrate, how about a Mystery Link?
2013 XRay XB9 Gallery
XRay has long been known as one of the ultra premium car manufactures in the rc world. XRay made their bones with top of the line touring cars, 18th scalers, and 8th scale off-roaders. Finally XRay has announced their first uber 10th scale 4wd off-road buggy, the XB4. The XRay team has gone to extraordinary lengths to make the new XB4 the most elite car in its class. Some of the features and specs include-
* Multi-Flex chassis tuning
* 2mm Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum chassis
* Composite chassis frame
* Optimal weight distribution for electronics
* Innovative motor mount
* Oil filled front and rear gear diffs
* Slipper clutch
* Hudy spring steel front, center, and rear CVD’s
* Fast diff removal
* Super lightweight outdrives
* 14mm wheel hexes
* Dual arm steering system
* Hudy spring steel turnbuckles
* 2mm graphite top deck
* 3mm graphite shock towers
* Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum big bore shocks
* Front and rear sway bars
* 22 rubber shielded bearings
* Low profile Lexan body
* Width: Adjustable 245-250mm
* Length: 352mm
* Wheelbase: Adjustable 279-281mm
* Ready to race weight: 1650 grams
To learn more information on all of XRay’s high end products hit up their Official Website, or to see more XRay news click THIS BigSquidRC link.
XRay XB4 Buggy Gallery
X-Ray has recently released a teaser for their upcoming 10th scale 4wd electric buggy, the XB4. This will be X-Ray’s first foray into a 10th scale dirt machine, and it should present quite a challenge to other buggies in its category like the Team Associated B44.1. The new XB4 is rumored to have- shaft drive, metal gear diffs, ultra fast diff removal, big bore shocks, and easy chassis flex adjustment. There is a lot more information to come on this one, keep your eye on BigSquid’s X-Ray News Section and on the official X-Ray Website.
The good folks over at XRay have just announced their all new T4 Touring Car. The latest and greatest from XRay has been a long time in development, but now it is finally here for your driving pleasure. There is an enormous list of features and specs on the new T4, here are some of the highlights-
* All-new T4 platform
* Improved chassis flex
* Improved traction
* Improved weight balance
* Improved steering
* Improved center of gravity
* All new top deck
* All-new servo saver
* All new chassis design
* All new anti-roll bars
* All new rear uprights
* All new super low shock towers
* All new front lower bumper mounts
* All new composite hubs for bulkheads
* All new Super Low Profile (SLP) aluminum shocks
* All new low profile foam bumper
* All new Super Short Shock Springs (4S)
* All new redesigned and re-engineered bulkheads
* All new unique super low profile tweak-free motor mount
* All new upper bulkhead clamps
* All new updated alu lower suspension holder
* All new steering system
* All new tweak-free servo mount
If you are looking for a rolling work of art, the new XRay T4 should be right up your alley. Hit up this LINK for the official webpage of the new XRay T4.
Looking for more XRay news here on BigSquidRC? HERE is the link you want.
XRay T4 Gallery
Stopping by the Team XRAY booth at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, it was exactly what you would expect. Ultra high-end off-road and on-road that just makes you drool. We took a TON of pictures, so make sure to click the read-more to see the whole set!
XRAY Booth Gallery 1
The biggest new item from XRAY at the Toy Fair was their prototype 1/8 scale brushless truggy, the XT8E. They were characteristically tight-lipped about specs, features, release timeframe, and cost at this early point, but it should be a cool new entry in a rather small segment. Being XRAY, the XT8E is sure to be an all carbon fiber race-bred truck, not your typical monster basher. It’s interesting to see XRAY stepping into this class, that must mean it’s gaining momentum. There’s some more promo shots of the truck on their web site, with the stinger being
more information coming soon.
XRAY had quite a few new releases at the show this year, all of them targeted at the high-end racing market, we’ve posted a bunch of pictures and info on them after the break, so click through to keep reading.
If you’ve ever been curious about the design and manufacturing process of r/c cars, XRAY’s latest column covers that exact topic. XRAY’s chief designer, Juraj Hudy, gives a behind the scenes look at the design process, prototyping, mold making and other aspects of the RX8, XRAY’s latest 1/8 scale nitro onroad racer.
After several months spent behind the computer and after I was convinced that we had fixed all the basic details, it was time for the first prototypes. To make prototypes today is completely different compared to the old days. Now all composite parts are “printed” using a special sand printer technology which creates the sample in few hours from a file we send via e-mail. These are fairly fragile but give an excellent idea how the composite part will look like. All the aluminum, steel and graphite prototypes are very easy to produce as well, thanks to the in-house production technologies linked to the network.
It’s a very interesting article with a bunch of cool photos to go along with it. Go give it a read.
This might be the year of electric buggies! Seems like all we have been reporting on lately. So jumping into the mix is the Team XRAY 808E 1/8th scale electric buggy. It’s based on their popular and successful 808 nitro which is probably a good place to start. It’s a kit version only, with a decent amount of quality parts on it. This baby wont be cheap.
Get a head start on the competition and jump on over to Xray to check it out!
Looks like RC Pro Products has a new clutch called the Viper Clutch. It’s a 3 shoe clutch set with 3 spring setup to fit Mugen/Xray pin size flywheels.
Check out RC Pro Products for their complete line.
Acer Racing is now shipping a Team XRAY T2R and T2R Pro Ceramic Nitride Pro Series ceramic ball bearing kit for only $89.99.This is a full and complete ceramic bearing kit for the fast and affordable LiPo ready T2R/Pro kit.