Wow.. this is pretty big, I didn't see this coming!
For Immediate Release
#5010 Brushless Conversion Kit: Associated RC-8
#5011 Brushless Conversion Kit: CEN Matrix
#5012 Brushless Conversion Kit: Hot Bodies Lightning
#5013 Brushless Conversion Kit: Kyosho Inferno
#5014 Brushless Conversion Kit: Mugen MBX5
#5015 Brushless Conversion Kit: OFNA 9.5/Ultra
#5016 Brushless Conversion Kit: OFNA Hyper 8
#5017 Brushless Conversion Kit: OFNA Hyper 7
#5018 Brushless Conversion Kit: X-Ray XB8
CLEAN UP AND GO BRUSHLESS
Irvine, CA – January 22, 2008 – Plan an intervention with your 1/8-scale nitro vehicle, and admit it into electric rehab. Novak has the ideal program to convert your 1/8-scale nitro off-road vehicle into an efficient brushless electric machine by offering nine, inclusive Brushless Conversion Kits (#5010 - #5018). With some basic assembly, a 1/8-scale nitro car can be converted into a leaner, cleaner, less noisy brushless car with faster acceleration and speeds comparable to nitro. The Novak Brushless Conversion Kits were designed specifically for Novak’s 550-size brushless motors (#3424 HV 4.5 and #3426 HV 6.5) and include all of the necessary conversion components. So clean up, and reinvent your car as brushless!
WHY CONVERT YOUR NITRO TO BRUSHLESS?
1/8-scale buggies are built strong, handle well and are fun to race. With the increased popularity of brushless, R/C enthusiasts can experience a new way to drive and race while enjoying the many benefits of brushless.
• Better Performance. Novak sensored-brushless motors provide extraordinary throttle response and controllability, and better acceleration and low-end feel. This translates to better control on bumpy courses and makes clearing jumps easier. Brushless motors also operate consistently in varying weather conditions, so you don’t have to be a tuning expert.
• Lower Center of Gravity. Electric conversion provides a lower center of gravity for more agile and nimble handling.
• Less Maintenance. Brushless systems are virtually maintenance-free. No engines to tune or rebuild and no spilled nitro fuel to clean up, so more time can be spent racing or bashing.
• Cleaner Environment. Brushless motors are far cleaner to run than nitro-powered vehicles and are healthier for indoor racing.
• Quieter. Brushless-powered cars are quieter than nitro-powered vehicles and will allow 1/8-scale buggies to run where noise restrictions are imposed.
• Plug and Play. With a brushless-powered system, just turn on the switch and go. No engines to start, tune, or warm up.
NINE CONVERSION KITS AVAILABLE
Nine conversion kits are available for many popular 1/8-scale off-road nitro vehicles:
• Associated® RC8 TM (#5010): To convert the Team Associated RC-8 Buggy
• CEN® MatrixTM(#5011): To convert the CEN Matrix C-1 Buggy
• Hot Bodies® LightningTM (#5012): To convert the Hot Bodies Lightning2 Evo Pro Buggy
• Kyosho® InfernoTM (#5013): To convert the Kyosho Inferno 777, 777 SP-1, SP-2 and SP-2WC Buggies
• Mugen® MBX5TM(#5014): To convert the Mugen MBX5 and MBX5R Buggies
• OFNA® 9.5TM/UltraTM (#5015): To convert the OFNA 9.5 Series Buggies (ViolatorTM, RavengerTM and Jammin X1TM) and the OFNA Ultra Series Buggies (MBXTM, CompTM and LX1TM)
• OFNA® Hyper 8TM (#5016): To convert the OFNA Hyper 8 and Hyper 8.5 Buggies
• OFNA® Hyper 7TM (#5017): To convert the OFNA Hyper 7 Buggies
• X-Ray® XB8TM (#5018): To convert the X-Ray XB8 TQ and XB8 EC Buggies
Novak will update vehicle compatibility as further models are verified, please check the Novak Web site (http://www.teamnovak.com/products/brush ... index.html
) for updates.
Novak Brushless Conversion Kits contain all of the necessary parts to completely convert a 1/8-scale nitro off-road vehicle into an energy-saving brushless buggy.
• Motor heat sink and buggy-specific heat sink adaptor plate, specifically designed for Novak’s 550-size brushless motors (#3424 HV4.5, #3426 HV6.5 and original HV4400). Motor assembly installs directly to chassis with a four-bolt mounting system for stability, optimal heat sinking and lower center of gravity.
• Two battery boxes and adjustable straps for holding an assortment of Li-Po or Ni-MH batteries
• Motor cooling fan that bolts directly to motor heat sink
• Antenna mount
• Hardware kit
• Complete instructions
For a more sturdy set-up, Novak offers an HV Brushless Motor 5mm Upgrade Kit (#5924) and Mod 1 Steel Pinion Gears for 5mm Shaft (#5100-5105).
Brushless vehicles are a popular segment in the racing industry, so don’t get left behind in the nitro fumes, and join the brushless revolution!
Novak’s Brushless Conversion Kits (#5010-#5018) are scheduled to ship at the end of March 2008. For more information about these products, visit the Novak Web site ( www.teamnovak.com