Ok... here's some answers
1) Yep.. I have beat a few nitros with it. I don't race much, and usually when I do.. everyone wants nitro vs nitro, electric vs electric.. but it's hella fast!
2) Sure.. you can use whatever radio system you have laying around. I wold only say that you want to make sure it has a LONG range. The reason I like the nomadio, it has a build in fail safe. (most electric stuff does not) and when you are dealing with a car that does 70+ mph, you don't want anyone else on your frequency.
3) I have 2 lipo chargers.. the Duratrax ICE does ALL sorts of batteries including lipo, but the one I use the most is the one from Apogee. Here:
http://pfmdistribution.com/secure/shop/ ... 10&catid=3
It's cheap, and has been VERY reliable. (You still need a 12v power source though)
4) Already answered the radio question above
5) You could totally use it in the funny car or pro-stock or door slammer. Someone at the last Race had one in a door slammer. You might want to consider going to the Mamba Max (The bigger 10th scale version though... since others look like they are going that way... if you can handle the power.. your talking 100mph+)
Yea.. I have done nitro and electric now.. and when it comes to drag racing.. I think electric is the way to go. Nitro is just so unreliable, and hard to keep tunned perfectly.. most nitro races I see, the person who wins is the person who kept their car running and didn't bogg down during the start.
Good luck! Let us know what ya get! If you order from Grand Motor Sports, Apogee, or Castle, make sure to mention Big Squid RC. They are good friends of ours.. and like to hear that stuff.