It’s all about scale realism in rc now days, and it doesn’t matter if its surface or air. For example, the latest offering from Hangar 9 is loaded with scale detailing. The Spitfire Mk IXc 30cc ARF looks just like the classic warbird that flew in WW2 with its accurate scale outline and markings.
* Comes with printed, flat finish UltraCote
* Scale details- carburetor intake, compressor intake and molded engine exhaust
* Balsa and plywood construction
* Scale tires with 4-spoke Spitfire wheels
* Comes with painted aluminum spinner
* Removable wing cannons and radio antenna
* Three-piece, plug-in wings for easy transport and assembly
* Magnetic top-hatch
* Comes set-up for gas engine, but can be built electric w/ optional kit
* Wingspan: 81.0″
* Length: 64.5″
* Flying Weight: 16.5-18.5 lb
The part number on the Spitfire is #HAN4495, it has a street price of $629, and they should start hitting hobby shops sometime in February. For more information hit up This Link.
Want more airplane news? Hit up This Link on BigSquidRC.