Lumenier RaceBlade FPV Racing Quadcopter
Don’t believe me about X-Frames and +-Frames being the future of mini-quads yet? Check out the new RaceBlade from the team at Lumenier. Born from tried-and-true QAV DNA, the RaceBlade continues Lumenier’s tradition of staying on the cutting edge of FPV quadcopter frame design. I have flown QAV 250’s, 210’s and 180’s and can tell you that the RaceBlade looks to continue the tradition of robust, durable, well-thought-out and well-designed frames from Lumenier and GetFPV. I’m also thinking that this frame would be an AWESOME build to use the Team Black Sheep PowerCube on! #centralizedmass.
Here are some of the key features of this amazing piece of kit:
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe featuring a solid 2mm main plate and 4mm removable arms
- Custom aluminum hardware to enable one tool, quick swapping of arms in race pit settings
- Anodized black aluminum screws
- Easy grip anodized spacers
- Lumenier Neoprene Landing Pads
- Multiple motor mounting holes to fit a variety of motors (M3 and M2 screw mounting patterns).
- “Bumpers” on the end of the arms to protect the motor during a crash, just like the QAV250.
- Flight controller cover plate includes cutouts for SMA connector and video transmitter as well as a holder for the included XT-60 Lipo pig-tail.
- Included Lumenier 4Power power distribution board and XT-60 Pig-Tail to power ESCs and FPV flight electronics. The PDB can optionally be outfitted with a Pololu 12v or 5v voltage step-down (Pololu board not included).
- Easy Lipo Access (suggested Lipo is a 1300mah 3 or 4s)
- Support for 32mm board cams as well as 26mm cams in cases such as the Lumenier CM-650.
- Support to carry HD camera (such as the GoPro 4, Mobius, or GoPro Session) with optional camera vibration mount (not included)
The RaceBlade can be had in 4″, 5″ and 6″ configurations, is street priced at $114.99 and is available now from GetFPV.com
Need more FPV news from Big Squid? Click here.