Last fall the popular ECX Torment SCT received some updates and now it looks like those updates are being applied to the rest of the ECX line-up. As you can see in the pictures, the Ruckus, Boost, and Circuit are sporting hot new looks and upgrades under the hood. Spektrum transmitters make sure the signal doesn’t get lost, waterproofing keeps them going in the wet, and new tires keep them hooked up when the going gets tough. Hit up the ECX Website for more information on all their products.
Check out all the ECX News we have right here on BigSquidRC.
The live show is now over, but you can catch the replay here on our Youtube page:
We covered all sorts of stuff tonight, from the Nuremberg Toy Fair to the new Horizon Vaterra line, and everything in between. Thanks to everyone who showed up tonight and joined us in the live chat with your questions. See you all next week!
The folks from ARRMA have finally announced the new brushless versions of their line of vehicles. We have been waiting on this for a while! Their new line has BLX attached to the name. So the ARRMA Granite BLX will be the brushless version. The new versions promise TONS of improvements over the previous models as well like waterproof ESCs and servos.
Here are a few shots of the ARRMA booth at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. Notice the awesome Basher Approved Logos!
In these shots you can also get a look at their new controller, and a line of -hop-up parts! Looking forward to those and that wheelie bar!
A very interesting new vehicle from Vaterra RC is their 8th scale Glamis Uno Single Seat Buggy. This is a scale looking, brushless powered RTR, that comes with everything you need to get going right in the box. Some of its other features and specifications include-
* WaterProof Electronics
* Viscous Torque Vectoring Differential
* 4 Wheel Independent Suspension
* Durable Extruded Aluminum Chassis
* Shock Absorbing Innovative Slipper Clutch
* Aluminum Motor Mount Provides Consistant Gear Mesh
* Beadlock Wheels And High Traction Tetrapos Tires
* Ride Height Adjustable, Oil-filled Shocks
* Numerous Scale Details
* 540 sized Dynamite® 4500Kv Brushless Power System
* Spektrum™ 2.4GHz Radio System Included
* Bottom-Load Battery Tray
* Lipo battery included
* Balancing Lipo charger included
* Tire diameter- 2.76 in (70mm)
* Wheel diameter- 2.3 in/3.0 in
* Wheel size- 2.16 in (54mm) X 1.05 in (26mm) & 1.2 in (30mm)
* Wheel width- 1.57 in / 1.96 in (40mm/50mm)
* Ground clearance- 1.97 in (50mm)
* Height- 6.18 in (157mm)
* Length- 18.7 in (475mm)
* Wheelbase- 13.7 in (347mm)
* Width- 11.41 in (290mm)
* Part #VTR04000
Street price for the Glamis Uno Buggy is $440 and you can get more information at the official Vaterra RC Website.
Hit up This Link for more Vaterra RC news right here on BigSquidRC.
One of the most intriguing new products from Vaterra is their new 10th scale rock racer called the Twin Hammers RTR. The Twin Hammers doesn’t look like a crawler with tall gearing, it looks like a cross between a crawler and a full speed scale off-road buggy. Some of its features and specifications include-
* Everything you need is included in the box
* Shift-on-the-fly, two speed transmission
* Independent cantilever front suspension
* Brushless-ready drivetrain
* Waterproof electronics (see manual for more details)
* Spektrum™ DX3E 2.4GHz 3-channel radio system
* Scale lights, cockpit and body panels
* Dynamite® brushed Tazer™ 540 12-turn system with programmable modes included
* 12mm wheel hexes
* Dynamite 2S 7.4V 2000mAh Li-Po battery
* Dual-position battery tray for use with the optional Dynamite battery
* Beadlock wheels with Race Claw 1.9 scale tires
* Molded chassis and multi-piece roll cage
* 4-link suspension
* Adjustable, oil-filled, aluminum, coil-over shocks
* Comes with 1.8 amp Lipo wall charger
* Diffs- Front Gear Diff, Rear Locker
* Final drive ratio- Low: 32:1 High 18:1
* Interal gear ratio- Low: 4.05:1 High: 2.27:1
* 48 pitch gears
* Front and rear track- 9.75 in (247.7mm)
* Ground clearance- 0.91 in (23mm)
* Height- 6.125 in (155.6mm)
* Length- 18 in (457.2mm)
* Tire diameter- 4.1 in (104.14mm)
* Wheel diameter- 2.25″ overall, 1.9″ bead surface
* Wheel width- 0.75 in (19.05mm)
* Weight- 2.12 lbs (0.96Kg)
* Wheelbase- 11.6 in (294.6mm)
* Width- 5.9 in (149.9mm)
Street price for the Twin Hammers is $399, and right now we are told the release date may be as late as July/August. Until then, hit up the Vaterra RC Website for more information.
Looking for more Vaterra RC information? Hit up THIS link on BigSquidRC.
Axial has really been cranking out the quality scale stuff lately. If you are into the crawler scene, or looking to make the jump, Axial is the name you need to know. So how does their new SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon hold up with their high standards? Does it leave the competition stuck on a trail waiting for a winch? Or does the Axial need to use the winch? Keep reading to find out…
The all new product line-up from Horizon Hobby is called Vaterra RC. Vaterra is said to be Adventure Driven and their initial product line-up includes 4 electric off-road vehicles and 3 on-road machines. Vaterra is- “It is a shared passion for motorsports and radio control. Extreme performance and extreme places. Cars and trucks that look and drive just like the real thing. Most of all, it’s about gathering friends, grabbing the vehicle and having the time of your life.”, which sounds great to us! Vaterra looks to be a great basher friendly line-up of vehicles.
The latest from the crew over at Team Losi Racing (TLR) is the Eight 3.0 8th scale nitro buggy. The Eight 3.0 is the latest version of their extremely popular Eight series buggy and comes with multiple upgrades for increased performance. Some of those updates include-
* Improved suspension geometry
* Gen III radio tray
* 16mm shocks and tapered springs
* Adjustable aluminum front and rear pivots with inserts
* Front and rear center dogbone
* Brake caliper springs
* Improved droop screw system
* Race performance wickerbill system
* Aluminum bearing inserts
* Race-inspired dome wheels (2 sets)
* Lightweight outdrives
* Multiple sway bars included
* Heavy-duty 5mm turnbuckles
* Improved titanium carbo-nitride shock shaft and hinge pin coating
* Metal servo inserts
* Eight 3.0 body and wing
* Center dogbone drive system
* Option parts included- lightweight outdrives and spur, hinge pin braces, aluminum rear bearing inserts
* Part #TLR04000
TLR has announced a late April release date, and expect to see a street price of right around $700 on this one. Hit up the TLR Website for more information.
Check out THIS link for more TLR news right here on BigSquidRC.
After Team Associated announced their new B4.2 you knew it was only a matter of time until the T4.2 came along. Today the crew over at Associated have released full information on their latest version of the legendary T4, the RC10T4.2 Factory Team Kit. With all the new changes it is bound to be at the front of the pack (like it always has been). Some of the major changes, features, and specifications include-
* Factory Team 12mm Big Bore hard-anodized aluminum threaded shocks
* TiN “Gold” 3mm shock shafts
* VTS slipper (variable torque, multi-plate slipper with three drive surfaces)
* Factory Team 12mm blue aluminum front and rear clamping hexes with hex wheels
* Pro-Line Bulldog body
* Factory Team 7075-T6 blue aluminum 0° rear hubs with oversized outer bearing
* Factory Team blue aluminum bellcrank set
* Updated shock towers optimized for the 12mm Big Bore shocks
* Ball differential with light-weight out-drives
* Factory Team blue titanium turnbuckles
* Factory Team carbon-fiber battery strap and blue aluminum thumb screws
* CVA joints with pin retainer clips
* Factory Team rear ballast weight
* Complete set of precision ball bearings
* Part #7025
No word on a release date or street pricing, but hit up the official Team Associated Website for more pictures and information.
Looking for more Associated news? We have it right HERE on BigSquidRC.
There are a lot of good looking new bodies on the market right now, but one of the hottest is from Pandora RC. Pandora RC has just announced their new Nissan Skyline R35 GT-R clear lexan body that is sure to turn heads at your local bash spot. This body is sized to fit nicely on most 10th scale touring/drift cars, and comes with windows masks and a sticker sheet.
The new GT-R body has a release date of sometime in February, but we have not received any pricing information. Hit up the official Pandora RC Website for more information on all their scale drift bodies.
Maybe this Nissan doesn’t trip your trigger? Hit up THIS link to see more bodies right here on BigSquidRC.
Looking to increase the efficiency of your DEX410 buggy? Here is some good news for you, Team Durango announced today their new DJoint Drive Shaft System. The DJoint system uses a double joint at the coupling of each shaft, thus resulting in each joint working at only half the articulation of a normal drive shaft set-up. What this means to your buggy is- more forward momentum makes it to the wheels.
Right now these are available only for the center shafts of the Durango DEX410 series buggy. The part number is #TD210010, and they have a street price of $60. Click over to the Team Durango Website for more information.
Are you a big Durango fan? If so, check out more Durango news right HERE on BigSquidRC.