If you own a Tamiya 1/14 King Hauler Tractor Truck then you’ll be stoked to see the latest creation from RC4WD, a scale realistic 14th scale Lowboy Trailer. The lowboy was designed with help from Joe at SemiJoe’s Truck Stop and is perfect for pulling behind your King Hauler.
* Length- 47.5″
* Width- 8.9″
* Weight- 250oz
* 12mm wheel hexes
* Built in LED pockets for adding lights
* Detachable gooseneck
* Made from CNC machined aluminum
* Designed for use with Tamiya tractor semi truck coupler
The part number is #Z-H0005, they are priced at $799, and they are available right now. Get complete details by hitting up This Link over on RC4WD’s website.
THE Losi Mini 8IGHT-T Truggy From Horizon Hobby Review
In today’s review we’ll be taking a very up close and personal look at the Mini 8IGHT-T Truggy from Losi. The Mini 8IGHT-T comes in at 1/14 scale, bigger than most minis, but significantly smaller than a tenth scaled truck. It comes brushless powered and with the high zoot AVC that everyone is talking about. Can the Mini 8IGHT-T take the beating required to be a good bash vehicle? Is it worth its $279 price point? Is there enough yank under the hood to keep a smile on your face? Hit the “Read More” to find out…
A few weeks ago during our California Road Trip we first got the chance to pull trigger time on the latest mini from Losi, the Mini 8IGHT-T Truggy. We had a blast driving it around with the Losi crew and couldn’t wait to get our hands on one for a full review.
When we did get our review truck we took some pictures to show you what it looks like to crack the box open. Inside you’ll find the truck, a Spektrum transmitter, a manual, along with batteries and everything you need to get it running. Enjoy the 3 galleries of unboxing pictures below, we are busy working on the full review which goes up on our front page about two weeks from now. If you are interested in the Mini 8IGHT-T, Here Is The Link to its official product page over on Losi’s website.
The 1/14th scale Losi Mini 8IGHT buggy has been a favorite of bashers since its release. It handled well, went fast, and was good at taking a beating. To one-up themselves, Losi has just announced the Mini 8IGHT-T Truggy. Part buggy, part truck, the new truggy should make for quite a bash machine.
Like the buggy, the truggy comes overpowered with a 4500KV brushless system. To better help put all that power to the ground Losi includes their AVC technology on the truck. Some of its other highlights include-
* Comes completely RTR
* LiPo compatible ESC
* Aluminum shock towers
* 12mm wheel hexes
* Aluminum shock bodies
* Metal diffs
* Comes with 2.4GHz DX2E transmitter
The part number is #LOS01000 and it is street priced at $279. To get complete details simply hit up This Link over on the Losi website.
Here you go guys, some unboxing pictures of the new Carisma GT10DT Desert Racer. We took lots of pictures while unboxing our test unit to show you exactly what it’s like to crack the box open.
The GT10DT is somewhat smaller than a 10th scale buggy, the final two pictures show it sitting next to an Associated B4 to give you some reference. The GT10DT has a unique yet scale look, and features goodies like a 2.4GHz radio system and brushless power. Our full review goes up next Tuesday, October 1st, until then check out the pictures and you can hit This Link to visit the official Carisma website.
THE Vaterra Kalahari 14th Scale 4wd Desert Raider Review
Vaterra is the newest name in the rc game and today we’ll be taking a closer look at their Kalahari 14th Scale Desert Raider. The Kalahari comes with detailed scale looks, a brushless power system, and Spektrum 2.4 GHz radio gear, all the makings of a great bash machine. How does the Vaterra Kalahari stack up? Read on to find out exactly what we learned about the Kalahari after weeks of bash testing…
Scale realism is great for our hobby and one of the leaders in putting out scale looking product is RC4WD. Their latest product, the 14th Scale 4×8 Armageddon Hydraulic Dump Truck, is an outstanding example of just how cool scale appearance can be. The Armageddon is styled after a European dump truck and is engineered to be tough as nails. Some of its features and specifications include-
* Hard plastic European style front Cab
* Full metal 2 speed transmission (Planetary gears)
* European style V shape dumper
* Full electronic sound system (engine start, idle and more)
* Transfer case (billet alum)
* Scale fuel tank (billet alum)
* Super scaled leaf spring suspension setup
* Scale rims (billet alum)
* Remote lockable rear axle (locking differential)
* Hard plastic rear axle housing
* Steel scale drive shaft
* Realism front cab latch
* Retractable steel ladder
* Molded functional fuel tank (filled with hydraulic oil)
* Automatic trailer gate (do not attempt to open it by hand)
* Retractable steel ladder
* Rear light guard (protect against rock)
* Scale light bucket (fit 3-5mm LED)
* Recommended payload: 16kg/35lbs
* Maximum lift power: 42kg/92lbs
* Rear dump is powder coated white
* Scale fire extinguishers and spare wheel/tire
* Cylinder maximum thrust: 109kg/231 lbs
* Brushed driven motor
* 1000kV Brushless motor-driven micro hydraulic pump
* Length: 687mm/27inch
* Width: 186mm/7.3inch
* Height: 262mm/10.3inch
* Weight: 8kg/17lbs
* Theoretical load: 15kg/33lbs
* Load total mass: 23kg/50lbs
* First gear 1:16, second gear 1:4 (Transmission)
* Basic 6 channel 2.4Ghz radio
* Basic 60T 540 motor
* Gray/Black (Front Cab) and white (dump) color finish
* Powder coated finish (dump)
* 30 days limited warranty
* This product is professionally pre-assembled
* Needed to complete- Battery and charger, Hydraulic oil #VVV-S0014
* Truck part #VV-JD00007
Street price for the Armageddon is $2600 and they are available right now. For more information on the RC4WD Armageddon, and all their other fine products, HERE is the link to the official RC4WD website.
Thank goodness it’s Friday, how about taking a chance on a BigSquidRC Mystery Link?
RC4WD Armageddon Dump Truck Gallery
Check out the video below, the Armageddon is a BEAST!
THE Vaterra Kemora 14th Scale 4wd Brushless Rally Car Review
Vaterra made quite an impression when they introduced their entirely new line-up of vehicles at Nuremberg a couple of weeks ago. People went gaga over their uber scale looks and impressive specs. For our first Vaterra review we’ve been thrashing the heck out of the Kemora, a 14th scale rally car. Vaterra is a brand aimed right at bashers, what kind of first impression have they left on the BigSquidRC Bash Crew? Read on to find out…
Here is a unique new kit from Tamiya, the 14th Scale Mercedes Benz Actros 1851 GigaSpace. To go for the most detailed body possible, Tamiya molded the body out of ABS plastic. Another cool feature of the GigaSPace is its 3 speed transmission. This rig will not only look trick pulling your other rc cars around, but more than one BSRC bash crew member has already started planning on mounting up monster truck and/or crawling tires on it. Some of its other features and specifications include-
* Scale: 1/14 scale
* Construction type: Kit
* Drive-train: 2-axle semi
* Drive type: gearbox
* Drive line: solid axle
* Differential type: gear
* Suspension: leaf spring
* Steering mechanism: bell-crank
* Shock damper: friction damper
* Shock damper material: aluminum
* Tire type: rubber
* Body material: ABS Plastic
* Chassis material: plastic
* LED Light buckets: yes
* LED lights: no
* Motor: 540-brushless type
* Bearings: metal bushings
* Fixed- Camber, toe, wheelbase, shock angles
* Adjustable gear ratio: 3-speed transmission
* Special feature 1: Length: 458mm, Width: 195mm, Height: 305mm.
* Special feature 2: Ladder frame chassis can be linked with a semi-trailer via coupler.
* Special feature 3: Highly-realistic suspension recreated with metal leaf springs and friction dampers.
* Special feature 4: Built-in differential gears enable smooth cornering.
* Special feature 5: LEDs can be used to accurately recreate the truck’s front and rear lights. (Sold Separately)
* Special feature 6: Float-mounted die-cast front axle and reinforced resin rear axle.
* Requires: Battery, charger, 4 channel radio, ESC, tools, and paint
* Part #56335
Retail price is listed at $660 and they are due to hit hobby shops later this month. Hit up the official Tamiya Website for more information.
Looking for even more Tamiya news? BigSquidRC has more right HERE.
We showed you unboxing pictures of the new Vaterra Kemora yesterday, today we are posting unboxing pictures of the VaterraKalahari. The Kalahari is much like the Kemora because it sits on the same 14th scale Vaterra platform, but differs with its larger tires and desert style body.
Like the Kemora, the Kalahari body is exceptionally well done. You can tell a lot of time was spent making sure it looks just as good as its full scale counterpart. Under the hood is the shaft driven 4wd system and Dynamite brushless set-up. The Ni-MH battery is easily accessed by removing the under-tray, which is attached by velcro, and two body clips on the battery bar.
Our full review for the Kalahari will go up next week, until then, click the “read more” button to see all 4 of our Kalahari unboxing galleries. Check out THIS link for more Vaterra news right here on BigSquidRC.
Here they are, the very first unboxing pictures that we’ve ever done on a Vaterra. This is the new Vaterra Kemora, their 14th scale, 4wd, brushless rally car, and we have a bunch of pictures to give you a better idea of what’s inside the box.
To start off with, of course there is the car itself. The Kemora blows you away with its immaculate body. From the lines of the body, to its rear view mirrors, to its trick looking wing, it is very impressive and scale looking. The wheels and tires also impress, they look very scale and are specific to just this model.
Under the hood you find an under-tray with a molded driver figure, this is attached by velcro and easily removed for access to the battery compartment. The chassis is quite stiff front to rear, but has some flex side-to-side. Other plastic parts like the a-arms and shock towers also seem fairly stiff for RTR units.
Our full review for the Kemora will go up later this week, until then, click the “read more” button below to see a bunch more unboxing pictures of the Kemora. Check out THIS link for more Vaterra news right here on BigSquidRC.
While Yokomo is better known for their high-end race machines, their newest buggy, the 14th Scale Land Jumper, has basher written all over it. The Land Jumper comes with a roll cage for scale looks and damage control during big crashes, and its 4wd system gets more traction to keep you in front of your buddies. Some of its features and specifications include-
* Comes with servo, 380 brushed motor, and ESC
* Aluminum chassis
* Double wishbone suspension
* Large capacity oil shocks
* Front and rear gear diffs
* Aluminum motor mount and center shaft
* Slipper clutch
* Ball bearings
* Weight- 940 grams
* Length- 300mm
* Width- 200mm
* Height- 110mm
* Wheelbase- 205mm
We have not received any pricing or release information for here in the states, but HERE is the link to the official Team Yokomo website for more information on their other products.
Looking for more 14th scale news? Hit up THIS link here on BigSquidRC.
The Kalahari 4wd Desert Raider is one of the seven new vehicles from Vaterra. Following the lead of the other Vaterra vehicles, this is a scale accurate machine that offers nice performance at a reasonable price point. The Kalahari is based on a 14th scale platform that comes with a powerful brushless system standard. Like the other vehicles in the Vaterra line-up, it’s waterproof and comes with everything you need to get going in the box.
* Tough 4WD chassis
* 4-wheel independent suspension
* Durable metal gear drivetrain
* Shock-absorbing slipper clutch
* Adjustable oil-filled aluminum shocks
* Chassis dust cover
* Realistic running light, spoiler and driver details
* Realistic wheels and tires
* Waterproof electronics
* Dynamite 380 sized 4500Kv brushless power system
* Capable of 45+ mph with optional 3S Li-Po battery
* Spektrum DX2L 2.4GHz transmitter with batteries
* Dynamite 6-cell 7.2V 1200mAh Ni-MH battery
* Dynamite DC Ni-MH peak charger
* Ground Clearance- 0.91 in (23mm)
* Height- 4.57 in (116mm)
* Length- 13.19 in (335mm)
* Width- 7.09 in (180mm)
* Part #VTR01001
Street price on the Kalahari is $289 and they are shipping and available right now. Cruise on over to the official Vaterra RC Website for more information.
Check out THIS link for even more Vaterra news right here on BigSquidRC.
Vaterra Kalahari 4wd Gallery
Take a look at the video below to see the Vaterra Kalahari in action.