If you are in to the competition foam 3D plane scene the crew from Fancy Foam Models had a cool booth at eFest 2013. The Fancy Foam crew was showing off their latest plane, the Raptor, which is constructed out of Depron. If you are looking to take your foam game up a couple of notches, check out all the cool gear on the official Fancy Foam Website.
Looking for more eFest 2013 news? Right HERE is the link you want right here on BigSquidRC.
Fancy Foam Models eFest Booth Gallery
In case you didn’t watch our Google + Live show last night, we made a little announcement that we’ll be doing more air and boat coverage from here on out (bashing oriented of course). Look for a full announcement in a couple of days.
As part of our expanded air coverage, we’ll start off with a game changer from Parkzone. Their new VisionAire BNF (BNF- Bind and fly) changes the game by putting a stabilization system into a plane of this size. The stabilization system, called the AS3X System, makes it easier to fly for mere mortals like you and me. Some of the other features and specs include-
* Spektrumā¢ AR635 DSMXĀ® receiver with AS3XĀ® System, installed
* Powerful 10-size BL outrunner, 1250Kv, installed
* E-fliteĀ® 40A Lite Pro Switch-Mode BEC Brushless ESC (V2), installed
* E-flite 13-gram digital micro servos, installed
* Clear belly window for monitoring AS3X System status
* Carbon-reinforced Z-Foamā¢ construction
* Leading-edge vortex generators
* Double-beveled hinges for large control surface throws
* Durable wire landing gear and large wheels for flying off grass
* Two piece wing for easy transportation and repair
* Sharp, Mirco Pecorari signature trim scheme
* Includes 3S 2200mAh 25C Li-Po battery
* Includes 2- to 3-cell DC variable rate charger
* Requires a full-range 4+ channel DSM2Ā®/DSMX aircraft transmitter, sold separately
* Wingspan: 45.0 in
* Overall Length: 42.5 in
* Part number #PKZ6580
Expect a street price of $299 on this one, with an early February release date. Hit up the official Parkzone website for more information on this and all of their fine products.
Looking for more air news on BigSquidRC? More coming soon! Till then, how about checking out our Review section?
Big Squid RC presents the first All 3D RC Video! 1000′s of people were treated to the premiere last week at iHobby 2011, and now it’s live on-line! You will need the red/blue glasses to see it properly in all it’s 3d glory though. It will be in other formats soon (so you can watch it on your 3D TV’s ect.. ) but this was the first edit, so we only have the anaglyph version at the moment. Go grab your 3D glasses, some popcorn and enjoy!
Click through to see the video..