The Team Orion Advantage Touch Duo is the first touch screen two channel charger that you can buy. It is also AC/DC, so you can use wall power at your house or charge off your car battery while at the local bash spot. Some of its other features and specifications include-
* Max charge rate 10 amps per channel
* 4″ color touch screen
* Comes with charger stand for better view angle
* Internal 200 watt power supply
* Charges Li-Po, Li-Fe, Li-Ion, Ni-MH, Ni-Cd, & PB batteries
* Max cell count 6S Lipo on each channel
* Universal balancing boards included
The part number for the Orion Advantage Touch Duo is #ORI30237 and it has a street price of $249.
Click Here for more Orion news on BigSquidRC.
THE Traxxas EZ-Peak NiMH/NiCd 5 Amp AC/DC Charger Review
So you just bought a new RTR and it came with a battery and a wall charger. Wall chargers are notoriously slow and you would much rather be out driving than waiting around for the battery to charge. To get you back on track quicker Traxxas has a new charger called the EZ-Peak 5 Amp. How well does it work? Is it worth the cash? Hit the “Read More” button to find out…
First posted HERE back in April, Hitec has now released full information on their new X1 Touch Charger.
Touch screen battery chargers are hot right now, they are just so easy and fun to use. The X1 Touch comes with a 3.2″ high resolution touch screen to make your life easier. For power, there are 55 watts on tap making for a maximum charge rate of 7 amps. The X1 has a built in power supply, charges all the popular cell chemistry’s, and has an internal balance circuit to keep your packs in tip-top shape.
The part number for the new X1 Touch is #44177 and it has a street price of $109. Hit up THIS LINK to head over to the official Hitec website.
The only thing better than a Friday is a Friday leading into a 3 day weekend, all the more reason to take your chances and click on a BigSquidRC TGIF Mystery Link.
Hitec X1 Touch Charger Gallery
The latest battery charger from the guys over at Dynamite is their huge Prophet Sport Quatro 4 x 100 watt AC/DC. This monster can charge 4 batteries at once, with a maximum charge rate of 8 amps per channel. Some of the other features and specifications include-
* 100W charge power per output
* Li-Po/Li-Fe & Ni-MH battery types
* Charges 1-6S Li-Po, 1-6S Li-Fe, 1-8C Ni-MH
* 500W power supply
* Adjustable 0.1–8.0A charger current per channel
* Ability to charge different battery types at different currents simultaneously
* 4 internal cooling fans
* Short-circuit protection
* Over-current protection
* Reverse-polarity protection
* Low-input voltage protection
* Over-temperature protection
* Includes (4) insulated banana-to-EC3™ connectors
* Includes (4) JST XH type balance boards (2-6S)
* Detachable AC and DC power cords
* 100-240 VAC (50/60Hz) or 11-18V DC input voltage
* Length- 10.62 in (270mm)
* Width- 7.48 in (190mm)
* Height- 3.35 in (85mm)
* Part #DYN4110
Expect a street price of $280 on this one, and you can hit up the Dynamite RC Website for more information.
Looking for more Dynamite news? Check out THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
The team over at Orion have been announcing all kinds of new products lately and their latest is a touch screen charger named the Advantage Touch Advance. This is an AC/DC unit (built in 100 watt PS), so you don’t have to pack around a separate power supply, and can charge at up to a 10 Amp rate. The Advantage Touch can charge up to 6S Lipo or 15 cell NiMH. Some of its other features and specs include-
* Microprocessor controlled advanced digital circuit
* Input Voltage: 11-18VDC and 100-240VAC
* Screen: Spectra TFT 400×240 color touch screen
* Functions: charge, discharge, storage, cycle, balance
* Cells supported: LiPo/LiFe/LiIon 1-6S, NiMH/NiCd 1-15, Pb 2-20V
* Charge Current: adjustable 0.1-10A
* Discharge Current: adjustable 0.1-5A (10W max)
* Charge and discharge curve graphic engine
* ATTS Advanced Touch Technology Software
* HPC High Precision Charging System
* Cycle modes: C->D, D->C, D->C->D
* Unique 4-in-1 Balancing Board included (XH, TP/FP, EH, HP/PQ)
* Balancing: adjustable on/off
* Advanced Stand Alone Balancing
* Discharge Cut-off voltage: adjustable
* Charge and discharge data storage for later review
* Adjustable automatic delta-peak charge cutoff
* Temperature monitoring and cut-off (optional)
* TRX-, Deans-, EC3-, Tamiya-, Crocodile Clips, BEC- and Futaba- charging cables
* Dimensions: L 170mm x W 158mm x H 45mm
* Weight: 744g
* American part #ORI30209
No word on a street price or a release date yet, but hit up the official Team Orion Website for the scoop on their other products.
TGIF, dare you click the Mystery Link?
The new entries coming into the battery charger wars never seem to end, and one of the latest is an offering from Elangears. Elangears is quite popular in Europe, and their R-X2 Dual AC/DC Charger should be a hit. The R-X2 does up to 15 amps on one channel and 10 amps on the other, and it features a 7 amp maximum discharge rate. The built in power supply keeps you from having to lug around an extra piece of equipment, and its built in USB port comes in handy for charging mobile devices. Hit up the official Elangears Website for more information.
Looking for more battery charger news? Check THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
The latest battery charger from Team Orion is their Advantage One 406. The 406 can charge up to 6 amps and is capable of charging Lipo, NiMH, and NiCd cells. Some of its other features are-
* 2-4S Lipo
* 1-8 Cells NiMH/NiCd
* .1 to 6 amp charge rate
* Length: 135mm
* Width: 125mm
* Height: 53.3mm
* Weight: 399g
* Part #ORI30221
Hit up the official Team Orion Website for more information, and click HERE for more Orion news right here on BigSquidRC.