Pro-Line ION tires have been a popular choice in 8th scale racing for quite some time. Pro-Line recently released a teaser picture of their new ION tires for 10th scale buggy. The new ION’s will be available in 2wd/4wd rears, in 4wd fronts, and should hook up quite well at your local indoor track. Look for more information on these soon, but until then check out the rest of Pro-Lines fine products on their Official Website. When there, don’t forget they have an Epic Huge Contest going on!
Schumacher teased us last week but now they’ve released full information on their all new uber 4wd race buggy, the Cat K1. If you are looking to go really, really fast off-road, the Cat K1 looks up to job. Some of the features and specs include-
* New Optimized 2 belt transmission with efficient low tension belts running on large CNC machined pulleys.
* New 2.0mm aluminium chassis with aerospace grade carbon fiber top deck.
* New Molded side pods for superb dirt protection.
* New Mid motor layout with adjustable motor position.
* New Chassis mounted, angled steering bell cranks for low C of G.
* New Steering rack design for improved dynamic ackerman throughout the steering range.
* New Long top deck for superior flex characteristics.
* New Black anodized components for the aggressive stealth look. (We call that “murdered out” here in America)
* New Medium flex suspension arms as standard.
* New Stronger pivot blocks and pivot block mounting system.
* New ‘High agility’ small bore shocks with big bore springs, titanium nitride shafts, threaded collars and twin o-ring sealing.
* New Machined tapered pistons with different colors for easy identification.
* New Optimum weight distribution with adjustable saddle pack layout.
* New Larger layshaft bearings.
* New Belt adjustment for consistent driveshaft geometry at all belt tensions.
* New Cab forward body shell for improved jump handling, bump stability and high speed cornering.
* New Large high down force rear wing enhances cab forward aero package.
* Super free, limited slip ball diffs with extreme high strength silicone nitride balls.
* Strong steel universal driveshafts.
* Rubber sealed, super precision ball bearings throughout.
* Smooth twin pad vented slipper with easy access adjustment.
* Unique motor clamp mount to fine tune weight distribution.
* Optional gear diff available.
* Rigid 4mm aero space carbon fiber shock towers.
Hit up the official Schumacher Website for more information on the Cat K1 and all of their other fine products. While you are at it, click This Link to view more Schumacher news right here on BigSquidRC.
The guys across the pond at Schumacher put out a teaser today about their new CAT K1 4wd Buggy that is close to release. The new K1 is slated as new uber high end 10th scale racing rig, but we’ll have to wait a while longer to learn all the juicy details. Will it have shaft drive? Will it have an aluminum chassis? Time will tell. Till then, hit up the Official Schumacher Site to see what other fine products they have.
Looking for more Schumacher news? Take a look right HERE.
Are you “one of those guys” that likes driving something different than the rest of the people in the pits? Check out this new Yokomo B-Max2RS 10th scale 2wd buggy kit. The new B-Max2RS is a lower priced alternative to Yokomo’s high end B-Max2, making it a bit more attractive to the bashing crowd. Check out some of the features-
* Newly developed 3 gear tranny for rear motor set-up
* Gear differential
* Full ball bearings
* Plastic bodied oil shocks
* Newly designed molded main chassis for mid or rear motor mounting
* Newly designed aluminum rear suspension mount
* Cab-forward type body shell
* Steel turnbuckles
* Dual pad slipper clutch
* Aluminum front brace
* ‘C-clip’ universal shafts
* Gokuraku off-road wing
* Pinion gear and wheels included
* Tires not included
Look for a release date of late December and hit up THIS link for more information on the official Yokomo website.
Looking for an affordable 2wd buggy than can handle some serious bashing? Check out THIS review.
Winter is the time that many rc drivers grab their favorite 10th scale 4wd buggy and head to their nearest indoor track. Caster Racing USA has a pretty trick 4wd 10th scale buggy, the V3 US Spec S10B Perfect 10 Pro Kit. The crew over at Caster have bullet proofed the Perfect 10 buggy and it should be quite a weapon for racing or hardcore bashing. Some of the features and specifications include-
* 4wd shaft drive system
* High grade T6 aluminum chassis
* Super low center of gravity Lexan cab forward body
* Adjustable slipper clutch
* Center diff
* Uses saddle pack batteries
* All new captured CVD’s
* 13mm big bore shocks
* 2mm pin, pro hexes
* Hardened out-drives
* Gear diffs
* Metal ring and pinion gears
* Part #S10B V3
Street price for the 2013 Perfect 10 buggy kit is $360 and you can get even more information on all of Caster Racing USA’s products by visiting their Official Website.
Looking for more Caster news? Check out THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
X-Ray has recently released a teaser for their upcoming 10th scale 4wd electric buggy, the XB4. This will be X-Ray’s first foray into a 10th scale dirt machine, and it should present quite a challenge to other buggies in its category like the Team Associated B44.1. The new XB4 is rumored to have- shaft drive, metal gear diffs, ultra fast diff removal, big bore shocks, and easy chassis flex adjustment. There is a lot more information to come on this one, keep your eye on BigSquid’s X-Ray News Section and on the official X-Ray Website.
Our favorite tires for track use are Pro-Line Blockades. Blockades give fantastic traction and wear a long time, what’s not to like? Recently, Pro-line has announced their extremely popular Blockade 8th scale buggy tires are now available in MX (blue groove) compound. Pro-Line’s MX compound is specifically designed for hot outdoor blue groove outdoor tracks where premature wear can become a big problem. The MX compound gives you a more stable tire with high wear resistance.
Part number on the new Blockades is #9039-16, street pricing is $25 per pair, and you can hit up the official Pro-Line Website for more information.
Have you checked out our Pro-Line Blockade SC short course tire review? Check it out HERE.
The crew over at Tamiya have recently announced their new entry level off-road buggy, the Fighter Buggy SV – DT02. This 2wd electric 10th scale buggy isn’t some high end race machine, rather it is intended for entry level drivers or general bashing. Some of the features and specs include-
* Kit that requires assembly
* Gear differential
* Fully independent double wishbone suspension
* Bell crank steering
* Plastic bodied oil filled shocks
* Clear polycarbonate body
* TEU-105BK ESC
* 540-brushed type motor
* Shielded ball bearings
* Composite chassis
* Adjustable camber
* Adjustable front toe
* Adjustable ride height
* Adjustable shock angle
* Requires: 7.2 battery & charger, radio gear, servo, receiver, polycarbonate paint
* Part #58553
Expect a street price of about $150 with an availability date of November. For more information click THIS link for the official Tamiya USA website.
Looking for even more Tamiya news? THIS is the link you want.
The folks from Duratrax have released an official video for their DXR8-E 1/8 Buggy. As always, it’s a very well done video, and may help you make a decision if you are on the fence about picking one up!
Along with the new Revenge Type E the crew over at ECX also announced a nitro powered version called the Type N. Not everyone is into electric, some people prefer the sound and smell of a nitro burner. Some companies haven’t put out a new nitro car in ages, ECX should be complimented on accommodating the piston spinning crowd.
Here are some of the features and specs of the new ECX Revenge Type N-
* Street price- $349
* Projected availability- Late October 2012
* Spektrum 2.4Ghz radio system
* Waterproof SR200 receiver
* Pull start Dynamite Mach 2 .21 Sport nitro engine
* Waterproof electronics
* Full time 4wd
* Waterproof high-torque Dynamite servo’s
* Aluminum Oil Filled Shocks
* Full ball bearings
* Dynamite SpeedTread Tires
* Chassis- 3mm Plate 6061-T6 Aluminum
* Fuel tank capacity- 125cc
* Length- 19.1 inches
* Wheelbase- 12.7 inches
* Width- 12.1 inches
* Weight- 6.7 lbs
We will pass along more information on the new Revenge series buggies when we can, until then you can get more information right HERE on Horizon’s official website, and right HERE on the official ECX website.
Has it been a while since you read our ECX Torment review? Check it out right HERE.
Brand spanking new from the Team Associated guys is their Factory Team B44.2 10th scale 4wd off-road buggy. The Associated designers have updated and refined their popular B44 platform into an even more lethal racing weapon. Some of the updates include-
* 12mm Factory Team big bore shocks
* Longer 2.5mm chassis optimized for Lipo saddle packs
* Includes a VTS slipper clutch
* Adjustable composite battery trays
* Quick change battery straps
* Updated front and rear towers
* 12mm hexes on rear wheels
* New carbon fiber top deck
* Factory Team 0 degree rear hubs
* Stronger front arms
* New blue aluminum motor mount
* JConcepts +8mm body
Street price looks to be around $370 and we hear it is scheduled for an October release date. Hit up the official Associated WEBSITE for more information.
We have plenty of Associated news right here on BigSquidRC, click HERE to read more.
THE Durango DEX210 1/10th Scale RTR 2wd Buggy Review
Since Durango was acquired by Hobbico it has really been blowing up. The Durango brand name was once an obscure brand used by elite racers in Europe, but now days you can find Durango’s anywhere and everywhere, including your local bash spot. There are plenty of basher that are looking to try something new, or they simply are willing to spend a few more bucks to buy the best of the best, and right now Durango has to be considered one of the highest end names out there.
Durango recently introduced many of their elite race platforms in RTR form. These RTR’s are said to be the first vehicles ever produced that are truly race ready. Today we’ll be finding out how the Durango DEX210 stacks up, both on the track and for bash use. Let’s take a closer look shall we?
The guys over at Serpent have announced an updated Version 2.0 of their popular 811 8th scale nitro buggy. Most of the updates have been done to gain steering and to give a more responsive rear end. Some of the updates include-
* Longer rear arms
* Bigger rear shocks
* Re-located rear shocks
* Lexan mud guards on rear arms
* Nylon mud scrapers on front uprights
* Improved diff gears
* Comes with Serpent Avenger Cab Forward body
Pricing will be right in line with their older TE edition, and you can get more information right HERE on Serpents official website.
Looking for more Serpent news here on BigSquidRC? HERE is the link you want.