The crew over at Schumacher have been putting out some pretty uber gear lately. They just announced today that they have updated their CAT K1 buggy, now it comes with a sleek new body, wing, shock tower nut guards, carbon fiber chassis, 12mm hexes, as well as other upgrades. With the aerodynamic updates they have dubbed the new version the CAT K1 Aero.
The part number for the K1 Aero is #K147 and it has a release date of mid-December. Check out This Link for more information.
Click Here for more Schumacher news on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Cat K1 Aero Gallery
Ever notice that most 4wd rc cars have too much front brake? Ever fly into a tight corner with your buggy and it pushes like a freight train because the front wheels lock up? Ever wish you could easily adjust the brakes more to the rear so that you could pivot around tight corners?
Schumacher has come up with a simple yet effective way of doing this on their Cat K1 buggy. The new Schumacher FAB (Front Adjustable Braking) System lets you dial in the exact amount of front brakes that you are looking for. Pressure pads are used to go from fully locked (full brake power) to fully backed off that performs like a one way layshaft. The FAB system should make it much easier to dial in the braking of the Cat K1 to any surface and comes with a normal vented slipper clutch on the opposite end.
The part number for the Schumacher FAB is #U4133 and HERE IS THE LINK to the official Schumacher website for more information.
Want to read more Schumacher news? Check out THIS LINK right here on BigSquidRC.
Another huge name in the European rc scene that had a booth at Nuremberg was Schumacher. The Schumacher crew was showing off all their latest and greatest including their new 4wd off-road racer, the Cat K1. Schumacher is also a distributor for Speed Passion, so all of Speed Passion’s goodies were also in their booth. Check out the gallery below to get a feel for what they had on display at the Toy Fair.
To get more information on Schumacher’s fine products click over to their Official Website, and HERE is the link to get more information on Speed Passion. Hit up THIS link to follow all of our BigSquidRC Toy Fair 2013 coverage.
Schumacher & Speed Passion Nuremberg Gallery
Schumacher teased us last week but now they’ve released full information on their all new uber 4wd race buggy, the Cat K1. If you are looking to go really, really fast off-road, the Cat K1 looks up to job. Some of the features and specs include-
* New Optimized 2 belt transmission with efficient low tension belts running on large CNC machined pulleys.
* New 2.0mm aluminium chassis with aerospace grade carbon fiber top deck.
* New Molded side pods for superb dirt protection.
* New Mid motor layout with adjustable motor position.
* New Chassis mounted, angled steering bell cranks for low C of G.
* New Steering rack design for improved dynamic ackerman throughout the steering range.
* New Long top deck for superior flex characteristics.
* New Black anodized components for the aggressive stealth look. (We call that “murdered out” here in America)
* New Medium flex suspension arms as standard.
* New Stronger pivot blocks and pivot block mounting system.
* New ‘High agility’ small bore shocks with big bore springs, titanium nitride shafts, threaded collars and twin o-ring sealing.
* New Machined tapered pistons with different colors for easy identification.
* New Optimum weight distribution with adjustable saddle pack layout.
* New Larger layshaft bearings.
* New Belt adjustment for consistent driveshaft geometry at all belt tensions.
* New Cab forward body shell for improved jump handling, bump stability and high speed cornering.
* New Large high down force rear wing enhances cab forward aero package.
* Super free, limited slip ball diffs with extreme high strength silicone nitride balls.
* Strong steel universal driveshafts.
* Rubber sealed, super precision ball bearings throughout.
* Smooth twin pad vented slipper with easy access adjustment.
* Unique motor clamp mount to fine tune weight distribution.
* Optional gear diff available.
* Rigid 4mm aero space carbon fiber shock towers.
Hit up the official Schumacher Website for more information on the Cat K1 and all of their other fine products. While you are at it, click This Link to view more Schumacher news right here on BigSquidRC.
Schumacher Cat K1 Gallery
The guys across the pond at Schumacher put out a teaser today about their new CAT K1 4wd Buggy that is close to release. The new K1 is slated as new uber high end 10th scale racing rig, but we’ll have to wait a while longer to learn all the juicy details. Will it have shaft drive? Will it have an aluminum chassis? Time will tell. Till then, hit up the Official Schumacher Site to see what other fine products they have.
Looking for more Schumacher news? Take a look right HERE.