The KO Propo EX-1 KIY is pretty trick right out of the box, but now KO has announced some new items to uber-it-out even more.
First up is a new 3D Drop Down Wheel Extension Unit. The new drop down is lighter than the previous version and helps reduce the distance between the trigger and the wheel. It has a part number of #10549.
A new Base Battery Stand is also available from KO Propo. The stylish new base makes it easy to mount a Lithium battery to the KIY for a change in weight balance and for longer runtimes. The part number is #10546.
To fit in the base is a new 2S 1550mAh Li-Fe battery. Using a Li-Fe pack in your transmitter is definitely the way to go, expect longer times between charging and a better weight distribution. To charge the pack KO has also announced a new battery charger. It is a fast charger with up to a 2 amp charge rate and features easy one button operation. The part number for the Li-Fe pack is #73018 and the part number for the charger is #51201.
Click Here for more KO news right here on BigSquidRC.
KO Propo KIY Options Gallery
THE KO Propo EX-1 KIY V3 Concept 2.4 GHz FHSS Radio System Review
If you are a serious hobbyist, whether it be basher or racer, the most important piece of equipment you can buy is a good transmitter. A good transmitter can be the difference between a perfectly connected feel to your rig, or feeling like someone else is actually driving your truck. KO Propo’s top of the line radio is the EX-1 KIY Version 3. Today we’ll be taking a closer look to see if the KIY is the best radio you can buy, or if its not even worth your time. Hit the “Read More” button and let’s get this party started…
The latest version of the KO Propo EX-1 KIY has just been announced, the Version 3.0. The third version of the KIY comes with the Version 2 software update as well as a new grip and better trigger-to-grip ergonomics. For more information on everything KO Propo HERE is the link to the KO America website.
We have more KO Propo news RIGHT HERE on BigSquidRC.
KO Propo EX-1 KIY Version 3 Gallery
When you buy a high-end transmitter the last thing you want is for it to get damaged. For all you EX-1 KIY users KO Propo has just announced an uber new transmitter hard-case. Now you’ll be able to travel with your KIY and never have to worry about it getting broken or scratched up. Some of the features include-
* Pre-cut foam for all current EX-1 KIY pieces (except left handed grip unit)
* Holds up to 400lbs
* Auto-Purge valve
* UV Resistant
* MIL-PERF 28800
* Built-in Padlock Holes
* Lifetime Warranty on case
* Dimensions- 14.90” x 12.13” x 6.88”
* 1.4 Pound Density foam inside
* Part #88810
To check out more information on the new KIY hard-case hit up the official KO Propo Website.
Heck yes it’s Friday! Why not check out a TGIF Mystery Link?
KO Propo Hardcase Gallery
KO Propo has just announced their EX-1 KIY Version 2 for all you high-end transmitter users. A number of upgrades have been incorporated and it now features a 5% faster response time. Some of its features and specifications include-
* Version 2 is a software improvement for response and linear feeling.
* Conventional response increased 5%.
* Transition from moving the steering back/forth quickly and small movements have been improved.
* Motion feeling has been enhanced. Improvement for human interface for a more natural feeling but still maintaining a faster feeling.
* Version 2 Master Units (FHSS & ASF) are compatible with current Grip and Steering Units.
* External plastic case is the same as previous version, just software and PC board has been changed.
* Current customers with Version 1 will be able to send in their Master Units for a PC board change to the Version 2 at a later date once the boards are available.
* Master Unit EX-1 FHSS Ver.2 plus KR-411FH receiver, Part #10520
* Master Unit EX-1 ASF Ver.2 for Mini-Z only, Part #10522
* EX-1 KIY 2.4GHz FHSS Set Ver.2 Tx/Rx, Part #80519
* EX-1 KIY ASF Set Ver.2 for Mini-Z only, Part #80521
Hit up the official KO Propo Website for more details, and hit up THIS link for more KO news right here on BigSquidRC.
KO-Propo is showing off their lastest high-end Transmitter that they announced back in January. The EX-1 K.I.Y. is a completely customizable transmitter system with tons of interchangeable parts to create the transmitter you’ve always wanted. It’s kinda hard to comprehend just how customizable this thing is until you see just a small selection of all the parts laid out as in the picture above. There’s a couple more pics from the booth below. And for more info on the EX-1 K.I.Y. be sure to hit up the KO-Propo web site.
RCX 2012 - KO Propo EX-1 K.I.Y. gallery