There have been a lot of hot looking new on-road cars hitting the market lately and the RedCat Pagani Huayra can be added to that list. The RedCat is a licensed replica of the uber full size Pagani Huayra and it looks like they hit the mark.
For performance- the RedCat is driven by a full time 4wd belt system and comes with brushless power. A 2.4 GHz radio system and Lipo battery (with charger) also come standard. Size wise, the Huayra has a wheelbase of 277mm and a width of 210mm.
Street price for the RedCat is $299 and they are available right now. Hit up the official RedCat Website for more information.
Here is a special TGIF “not so mystery link” for our friend and one of the coolest guys in rc, Stephen Bess.
Duratrax is a favorite among the basher crowd and they’ve just announced a new and very scale realistic Camaro ZL1 Nitro RTR. Combine the very realistic Camaro body with features like a .18 nitro engine and 2.4 GHz radio gear and it looks like we are going to be seeing a lot of these at our local bash spot this spring. Some of the other features and specifications on the Duratrax Camaro ZL1 include-
* Three different colors, Red, Orange, and Yellow
* Aluminum chassis
* Four wheel drive
* Duratrax .18 cu in nitro engine
* Super Start hand held starter system
* Dual chamber tuned pipe
* Two speed transmission with adjustable shift point
* Duratrax 2.4GHz FHSS system by Futaba
* Oil-filled shocks
* Three shoe clutch
* Full bearing set
* 2.5oz (75cc) fuel tank
* Metal gear diffs
* Polycarbonate body, painted and trimmed,
* Injection molded wing and mirrors
* Pillow ball front suspension
* Adjustable camber, caster, Ackerman, and droop
* Includes- RTR Camaro ZL1 On-Road Car with .18 Engine with Electric Starter, 2.4GHz Radio, Painted Body, Instruction Manual
* REQUIRES: Glow Fuel: 10-20% car blend nitromethane fuel
* Length: 17.13″ (435mm)
* Width: 7.87″ (200mm)
* Height: 4.72″ (120mm)
* Weight: 4.06lbs (1.84 kg)
* Part #DTXD53**
Expect a street price of $320 with a release date of Mid May. Click on over to the official Duratrax Website for more information.
Looking for more Duratrax news? Check out THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
PROTOform has just announced their newest body, the PFL128 clear body for 8th scale nitro on-road cars. The PFL128 takes some of its styling cues from one of the new LMP2 full scale race cars and was designed with proper air management and body rigidity in mind. Some of the primary features and specifications for the PFL128 include-
* Made with Genuine .025 (lightest weight) Lexan®
* Fits all IFMAR/EFRA/ROAR body specs
* EFRA LEGAL #31531
* Revised molded-in stiffening contours
* Latest in aerodynamic features and contemporary LMP2 styling
* Length: 19.8″ (503mm)
* Width: 10.6″ (270mm)
* Wheel Base: 11.5″ (293mm)
* Part #1533-25 .025 (also available in Lite .030 and regular .040 weights)
The newest PROTOform should have a street price of right around $37 and you can click over to the official PROTOform Website for more information.
Interested in more news from PROTOform? Check out THIS link right here on BigSquidRC.
When the Vaterra RC line was announced certain BigSquidRC staffers were extra stoked to see they had on-road cars as well. One of their on-road cars is the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 V100-S, a very trick looking 10th scale 4wd car. Combine cool scale looks with 4wd and water-proofing and you should have a great bash machine for your local cul-de-sac. Some of it’s features and specifications include-
* Versatile V100-S chassis
* Officially licensed 2012 Camaro ZL1 body
* Shaft-driven 4WD
* Sealed differentials
* Low CG, double wishbone suspension
* Universal body mounts
* Realistic exhaust, mirror and hood details
* Realistic low-profile tires and 59mm wheels with brake details
* Waterproof electronics
* Dynamite power system with Li-Po ready ESC
* Spektrum DX2E 2.4GHz transmitter with batteries
* Dynamite 6-cell 7.2V 1800mAh Ni-MH battery
* Dynamite 2A Ni-MH AC peak charger
* Tire diameter- 2.76 in (70mm)
* Height- 4.41 in (112mm)
* Width- 7.76 in (194mm)
* Wheelbase- 10.25 in (256mm)
* Part #VTR03007
The Vaterra Camaro is expect to hit hobby shop shelves in early April and sport a street price of $279. Check out the Vaterra RC Website for more details.
We have more Vaterra RC news right HERE on BigSquidRC.
Vaterra RC 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Gallery
Check out the video below of the Vaterra 2012 Camaro in action!
Companies like Schumacher and Mardave have made low cost 12th scale formula racing quite popular in Europe. Now HPI has jumped into the ring with their new TC12 on-road RTR. The new TC12 is on display at the Toy Fair in Germany, but not much information is available at this time. We will post more when we learn more, till then why not hit up the official HPI Website to view some of their other fine products.
More HPI news? We have it right HERE on BigSquidRC.
The all new product line-up from Horizon Hobby is called Vaterra RC. Vaterra is said to be Adventure Driven and their initial product line-up includes 4 electric off-road vehicles and 3 on-road machines. Vaterra is- “It is a shared passion for motorsports and radio control. Extreme performance and extreme places. Cars and trucks that look and drive just like the real thing. Most of all, it’s about gathering friends, grabbing the vehicle and having the time of your life.”, which sounds great to us! Vaterra looks to be a great basher friendly line-up of vehicles.
Since the beginning of Big Squid RC, we have always posted the occasional RC Boat News in our rc-boat tag, and we have also posted RC Plane News under our RC Plane tag. While 99% of our news is surface related, as bashers we tend to dabble in other things.
Most of us here own or have owned several boats, and most of us have also flown (read crashed) several planes. Only 3DBill can actually claim to be an rc pilot, and none of us are big into the boat scene, but we all enjoy hitting the waves, or flying on occasion. It is for that reason, we have decided to start bringing you a little more news in both of these areas.
Before you start sending the hate mail (address those to Cubby btw) we can promise that we are not forgetting that we are mainly about the monster trucks and cars. We will continue to be mainly truck and car and surface news, but don’t be surprised if you see a new boat story, or a possible plane or quad review.
We are bashers at heart, always have been, and always will be! Not like all those other ‘news sites’ who have been die hard racers for the last 20 years, and only in the last few that we have started kicking their butts and leaving them in the dust have they started using the word ‘basher’ on their sites. You know who we are talking about, and so do they. They aren’t fooling anyone. There is no ‘car’ or ‘truck’ or ‘drive’ in our name. We are BIG SQUID RC and we enjoy bashing in every form of RC we can get our hands on! Every bash or event we have ever done, there is usually some other form of RC present, and we think it’s time to talk about it all.
We aren’t changing who we are, or what we do, we are just bringing you more of it. Welcome to Big Squid RC 2013!
Have surface, air, or water news for us? Send it over!
Comments, questions, concerns? Drop an email to Brian (at thingy) BigSquidRC.com
Thank you for all of your Support! We look forward to another year of leading RC News.
If you haven’t noticed yet, more and more companies are coming out with “XO-1″ killers, 8th scale electric on-road cars built to take huge power and be stable at insanely high speeds. Ofna has a new big on-road car called the GT-V2e, built to take on all comers at your local bash spot. The GT-V2e comes as an 80% roller, the car is fully assembled but you’ll need to install your own electronics. It looks like the perfect car to slap in 6S of Monster power and go for some speed records. Some of the features and specs of the GT-V2e are-
* Full bearings
* Front, center and rear CVA’s
* Dual battery trays w/ adjustable battery straps
* High density front bumper
* Big bore, nitride coated, aluminum bodied shocks
* Hard-coated 7075 3mm thick aluminum chassis
* Aluminum center diff mounts
* Center spool
* Front and rear gear diffs
* Rear diffuser bumper
* 5mm thick hard anodized shock towers
* Captured hinge pins
* Front and rear sway bars
* A choice of 2 different clear lexan bodies
* Length: 23.2″
* Width: 12.2″
* Wheelbase: 14.2″
* Weight: 5.7 lbs
* Part number: #14283 or #14284
Street price is $530 and they are available right now. Hit up the official Ofna Website for more information.
Looking for more Ofna news here at BigSquidRC? Check out THIS link.
The crew over at HoBao Racing have released more pictures and information on their new GTB-E electric 8th scale on-road car. This 4wd beast is brushless powered and ready to tear up a local side-street, cul-de-sac, or parking lot. Some of the features and specs include-
* 2.4 GHz radio system
* Brushless motor
* 3 Gear diffs
* Front and rear sway bars
* Length- 617mm
* Width- 310mm
* Wheelbase- 361mm
* Weight- 3650 grams
We have not received word when, or even if, the GTB-E will make it to the states, we will update when we receive more information. Until then, visit HoBao’s Official Website to view all their products.
If the Thunder Tiger TS2e we recently mentioned wasn’t your thing, then maybe the 4WD version is what you are looking for! The new Thunder Tiger TS4e is a RTR, Brushless powered 4WD touring car that is ready for some serious action.
• Cougar GP2 2.4GHz radio system
• All electronics are included and installed
• Dual belt, four-wheel drivetrain
• Powerful 3300kV brushless motor and ESC
• Independent double wishbone suspension with 4 adjustable oil-filled shocks
• Factory-printed touring car body in 4 color schemes
• Length: 16.5 in (420 mm)
• Width: 7.5 in (190 mm)
• Height: 5 in (125 mm)
• Weight: 3 lb (1400 g)
• Wheelbase: 10.2 in (260 mm)
Thunder Tiger TS4e Gallery
All that for a street price if about $240 should make the Thunder Tiger TS4e a popular choice when it hits stores soon.
Hang onto your hats, HPI has just announced a new Sprint 2 RTR! This new ride is the Vaughn Gittin Jr. 1969 Mustang Edition electric RTR on-road, and is ready for some serious drifting action.
Here are some of the important details:
4 Wheel Drive, Waterproof electronics, 2.4GHz Radio System, Firebolt 15T Motor, RTR out of the box, comes with TWO sets of tires, on-road and drift tires, and is dual belt drive. Looks like the price will come in around $250-$300
I know Wrench will be drooling all over the body of this one.
Team Associated has just announced their new RC10R5.1 Factory Team electric on-road kit. With a bunch of new updates the RC10R5.1 Factory Team should be a great choice for racing the World GT class this winter, or for just general on-road fun. Some of the updates include-
* 10th scale electric 2wd on-road kit
* I.F.M.A.R. World Championship winning Dynamic Strut front suspension features symmetric components
* Adjustable front caster and track width
* More durable motor mount and left rear bulkhead
* 3-point upper pod plate with graphite motor mount cross-brace, optimized for brushless motors
* Ultra-rigid 2.5mm thick carbon fiber chassis
* Integrated chassis stiffening rails featuring centralized LiPo battery mounting position
* Aluminum side spring retainers for easier and more accurate adjustments
* Innovative through-shaft center shock
* Side damper tubes reduce friction for smoother rear pod movement
* Pivot-ball rear pod design with hard-anodized aluminum pivot balls
* Updated rear pod links
* Wheelbase 10.2″
* Part #8022
For more information on the RC10R5.1 Factory Team hit up the official Team Associated Website, and for more Associated news here on BigSquidRC check out THIS link.
Just announced from Duratrax is a 10th scale nitro powered Nissan GT-R. This latest addition to the Duratrax line-up comes in three different colors and combines trick scale looks with serious on-road performance. Some of the features and specs include-
* Duratrax 2.4GHz FHSS radio system by Futaba®
* High-rpm ST18-S engine with dual chamber tuned pipe
* Super Start RTR hand-held starter system
* Painted, finished polycarbonate body
* Oil-filled shocks with clips for easy ride height adjustments
* Full set of ball bearings
* All metal gears (front spool/rear diff)
* Available in Red, Deep Blue Pearl, and Gun Metallic
* Four wheel drive
* Transmission: Two speed with adjustable shift point
* Clutch: Three shoe
* Fuel Tank: 75cc
* Spur Gear: Nylon, 42 tooth
* Injection molded wing and mirrors
* Disc brake
* Front pillow ball suspension
* Length: 17.3 in (440 mm)
* Width: 8.5 in (215 mm)
* Height: 5.3 in (135 mm)
* Weight: 4.1 lb (1.86 kg)
* Part #DTXD51** ( end with BB for blue, EE for gun metallic, and RR for red)
Street price on the new Duratrax Nissan GT-R is $299 with a release date of early December. Hit up the official Duratrax Website for more information.
Looking for more Duratrax news here on BigSquidRC? HERE is the link you want.