Only good things can happen when you combine Axial, Jeep, and Poison Spyder. Proof of this can be found in Axial’s latest machine, the Axial Jeep Wrangler Wraith – Poison Spyder Edition rock racer.
The new Jeep Wrangler Wraith will not only make a great rock racer, but it also offers incredibly detailed scale realism and is certain to be a hit with the scale/trail driving crowd. Some of the important features include – full tube chassis, straight axles with lockers, heavy duty interchangeable face beadlock wheels, licensed BFG tires, off-center pumpkin axles, and Wild Boar driveshafts. A 20 turn brushed motor, Castle crawling speed controller, and 2.4 GHz radio gear round out the package.
The Axial Jeep Wrangler Wraith has a part number of #AX90031 and is priced at $399. For more information on all the fine products that Axial offers just click on THIS LINK. For more Axial news right here on BigSquidRC Click Here.
I don’t think it would be a stretch to say that the Vaterra Twin Hammers Rock Racer is the biggest vehicle release of 2013. Its scale looks got a lot of peoples attention, while its unique chassis layout got others to look its way. So what exactly is the Twin Hammers? It’s labeled as a “1.9 Rock Racer”, but with its cantilever suspension and two speed transmission it just might be a versatile bash machine. Lets cut to the chase and find out what the Twin Hammers is really all about…
The Vaterra Twin Hammers has proven to be the most anticipated release of 2013. The combination of tough scale appearance and smart features seems to have everyone looking at the Twin Hammers. Below you’ll find all of our unboxing pictures for the Twin Hammers, from top to bottom, from front to rear, you can see the Twin Hammers in all its glory before we bash the daylights out of it. Check out the official Twin Hammers page on the Vaterra website for more information.
We have 29 unboxing pictures in all, including size comparison shots between the Twin Hammers, a 2.2 crawler, a Losi SCB, and an Axial EXO. Click the “read more” button to see all the pictures.
One of the most intriguing new products from Vaterra is their new 10th scale rock racer called the Twin Hammers RTR. The Twin Hammers doesn’t look like a crawler with tall gearing, it looks like a cross between a crawler and a full speed scale off-road buggy. Some of its features and specifications include-
* Everything you need is included in the box
* Shift-on-the-fly, two speed transmission
* Independent cantilever front suspension
* Brushless-ready drivetrain
* Waterproof electronics (see manual for more details)
* Spektrum™ DX3E 2.4GHz 3-channel radio system
* Scale lights, cockpit and body panels
* Dynamite® brushed Tazer™ 540 12-turn system with programmable modes included
* 12mm wheel hexes
* Dynamite 2S 7.4V 2000mAh Li-Po battery
* Dual-position battery tray for use with the optional Dynamite battery
* Beadlock wheels with Race Claw 1.9 scale tires
* Molded chassis and multi-piece roll cage
* 4-link suspension
* Adjustable, oil-filled, aluminum, coil-over shocks
* Comes with 1.8 amp Lipo wall charger
* Diffs- Front Gear Diff, Rear Locker
* Final drive ratio- Low: 32:1 High 18:1
* Interal gear ratio- Low: 4.05:1 High: 2.27:1
* 48 pitch gears
* Front and rear track- 9.75 in (247.7mm)
* Ground clearance- 0.91 in (23mm)
* Height- 6.125 in (155.6mm)
* Length- 18 in (457.2mm)
* Tire diameter- 4.1 in (104.14mm)
* Wheel diameter- 2.25″ overall, 1.9″ bead surface
* Wheel width- 0.75 in (19.05mm)
* Weight- 2.12 lbs (0.96Kg)
* Wheelbase- 11.6 in (294.6mm)
* Width- 5.9 in (149.9mm)
Street price for the Twin Hammers is $399, and right now we are told the release date may be as late as July/August. Until then, hit up the Vaterra RC Website for more information.
Looking for more Vaterra RC information? Hit up THIS link on BigSquidRC.
Posted by Brian on Mar 22, 2011 @ 10:26 pm. Filed in: Axial
Last week we received a few pictures from a reader of what looked like a possible rock racer coming from Axial. This week we received this picture. Maybe it’s a mud racer? That or this guy has never heard of a car wash!
Rumor mill has it this thing may pop up in a very limited release around mid May! Where do I sign up?!
Going to go out on a limb and guess it might be waterproof.. lol. This picture has me pretty excited because it makes me think this is geared way more towards us bashers than to the die hard ‘crawler’ crowd. Woo Hoo! I hope it can take a beating!
Looks like the official name is the Axial Wraith.
Fingers crossed that Axial’s site will have more details soon. I have to admit, I like these ‘random’ pics popping up. It makes me want it even more.