Bill Bridges Benefit Race and Raffle
Hey All, we have just heard from some friends about a upcoming benefit race, and wanted to pass the information along.
* 100% of proceeds go to Bill and his family
* Friday 6-24-11 Practice 11am – 8pm $10
* Saturday 6-25-11 Race-Open at 7am racing starts at 9am $20 per entry.
* Classes: All classes nitro and electric (minimum 5 makes a class)
* Location: “The Track” 160 West Newburg Road, Carleton, Michigan 48117
* 150′ x 100′ hard packed clay, drivers stand 32′ x 8′ x 10’H, big pit lane
* Bill’s close friend and TLR teammate Adam Drake will be in attendance!!
* Raffle at Race for Door Prizes: Items donated from Horizon/Spektrum, Losi/TLR,
local tracks and hobby shops with more to come. (tickets sold at race $2 each)
Ebay Raffle: Adam Drake’s 8ight 2.0 Buggy and Dustin Evans’s TLR 22 – tickets $10
each purchases on ebay, drawing will be held at “The Track” 6-25-11 (need not be
present to win)
Adam’s Vehicle Ebay Tickets Here
Dustin’s Vehicle Ebay Tickets Here
Bill Bridges currently races for TLR Team Losi Racing. He has been racing for 18 years. He is married to Chrissy and has one son, Brayden, who is three years old. Bill is originally from Toledo, Ohio but currently runs Dirt Burner Hobby & Raceway in Livonia, Michigan. Anyone who knows Bill knows he always goes out of his way to help a fellow racer. Bill recently was diagnosed with colon and liver cancer and has no medical insurance. Bill recently had a cancerous tumor removed from his colon and has just started chemo for his liver.
We wish Bill all the best, and hope things turn for the better.
If you have a spare few $$ in your pocket, head out to the race, or pick up a raffle ticket.