Join the Rebellion with Rebel RC’s RJ Rebelcon
Do you think the 1/10-scale R/C crawler market is too crowded? I don’t, and neither do the folks at Rebel RC as they’ve announced their first ready-to-run (RTR) model, the RJ Rebelcon. This 1/10-scale trail machine looks to make a name for itself in the land of well-established rigs like the Axial SCX10 II/III, Traxxas TRX-4, RC4WD Trailfinder, Redcat GEN8, and others.
On the surface, the RJ Rebelcon looks like a rig that’s ready for an outdoor adventure. Featuring a bevy of scale details like a roof basket, multiple LED lights, clear windows, fuel cans, a sand jack, and more, this model should appeal to fans of scale R/C as well as those who want to enjoy a day on the trail.
Under the Jeep Wrangler-inspired body (available in orange or dark gray), the RJ Rebelcon features 5mm-thick chassis rails and a standard ladder-frame foundation. Other construction highlights of this model include portal axles, steel center driveshafts, remote-locking metal-gear differentials, a two-speed transmission with remote shifting, and a 550-size brushed motor.
In addition to the appearance and construction of this rig, Rebel RC appears to have its bases covered on the electronics side as well. The RJ Rebelcon includes a Hobbywing Crawler 60A Brushed/Waterproof Servo, a high-torque 21T motor, a 23kg metal gear steering servo, 0.9kg micro servos, and a 6-channel, 2.4GHz radio system.
Rebel RC RJ Rebelcon Specs:
- Length: 542mm
- Width: 250mm
- Height: 240mm
- Ground Clearance (at Differentials): 53mm
- Wheelbase: 313mm
- Weight: 2970g
- Approach Angle: 60°
- Departure Angle: 45°
- Steering Angle: 45.8°
- Wheels: 12mm Hex Beadlock 1.9″ 32x69mm
- Tires: 43x120mm
- Shock Length: 90mm
- Transmission: 2-speed (Hi 1/15.1 / Lo 1/37.1), Remote shifting
- Gear Pitch: Module 0.8/32dp – Pinion 16T / Spur Gear 44T
- ESC: Hobbywing Crawler 60A Brushed/Waterproof with T-plug connector (BEC 6V@3A, NiMh/LiPo suitable)
- Motor: 550 high torque brushed motor 21T
- Steering Servo: 23KG Metal Gear Waterproof Digital Steering Servo, 25T Aluminum Servo Horn
- Mini Servos: 0,9kg, waterproof
- Radio System: 6-channel 2.4GHz radio system (4.8 – 12.0V LiPo suitable)
The ready-to-run RJ Rebelcon is priced at $459.99 and will begin shipping in mid-October (2021). For more details on this new 1/10-scale R/C trail rig, visit rebel-rc.comrebel-rc.com.
Click Here for more Rebel RC news on BigSquidRC.