Monster Truck Madness – An Outcast To All
Hey everyone, how’s it going?
I’ve got some fun news- your boy is going to be heading up the review of the ARRMA Outcast Extreme Bash RTR!
Interesting fact- I’ve never pulled trigger on any version of the Outcast. I’ve seen ’em in person multiple times since the original release of the truck, but I’ve never driven one. In fact, this will be the first ARRMA monster truck that I’ve wheeled since acquiring my beloved Granite 4×4 BLX (my current favorite bashing truck in my fleet) a couple years back.
This particular Outcast is loaded to the gills with trick options parts, so it’s going to be really interesting going into this “fresh”, despite the platform being established. For those of you who are curious as to what’s special about this version of truck, a quick hit-
* EXB hardened components increase toughness
* Heavy-duty all metal drivetrain
* Center body support & aluminum center brace
* ARRMA motor heatsink
* Large volume waterproof receiver box
* Tough stunt truck wheels
* Multi-terrain dBoots Back-Flip tires
* EXB anodized 7075 T6 aluminum laser-etched chassis plate
* EXB anodized 7075 T6 aluminum laser-etched shock towers
* EXB anodized 7075 T6 aluminum laser-etched steering rack
* EXB anodized aluminum laser-etched chassis braces
* EXB heavy-duty steel turnbuckles
* EXB front bumper and skid plate
* EXB plated limited slip oil-filled differentials
* EXB Matte and gloss effect body
Ya know, having spent so much time in recent months with my solid axle trucks, I’m really looking forward to being able to go hog wild on a high end independent suspension’d vehicle. I’ve got some maniacally fast solid axle trucks that can do crazy things, mind you….but you just can’t flog one of them with the reckless abandon that you can like an indy.
I’ve never driven something that’s in the stunt truck kind of class. Big power and size, short wheelbase. All my experience with vehicles of a similar make were designed with stability in mind. The Outcast is designed for wheelies and backflips. Gimme somma dat!
And with it being a hopped up truck, I plan to go extremely hard. Some of my Trigger King buddies will also be taking part, so best of luck, Outcast!
I’m going to need to spend ample time with it to do up the review right, but look for it in the coming weeks! Until next time, keep it on all 4’s!