Monster Truck Madness – Questions to Ponder
Hey gang, it’s been a crazy busy couple of weeks filled with a lot of travel and monster truck action. As I’ve been on the road and in the air, I’ve been alone with my thoughts (always a dangerous thing, ha) and have been pondering many a question.
– Is the massive Primal R/C Raminator going to be worth all the hype and money? What’s it going to feel like to pull trigger on a solid axle truck of that size?
– Will the Axial SMT10 be making a re-appearance soon? Sure would be nice to see it.
– I had a blast on my vacation last week, staying at the beach in Florida. Wouldn’t of it been even more fun with a Traxxas X-Maxx equipped with paddle tires? I think so.
– The release of the CEN Racing solid axle HL-150 and B50 Monster Truck seems to be imminent. The team from CEN appears to have really done a lot of homework with this rig, having a full line of hop-up parts being made available right around release, even. They’ve been showing it off at all the major r/c monster events as well. Is this truck going to be a hit with hobbyists?
– Tamiya has long been the leader in solid axle monster trucks, what-with the Clod being king. As the solid axle scene has heated up, they’ve been silent. Are they ever going to release something new or update a current platform while the market is red hot?
– Speaking of Tamiya, why do I want one of the mini Lunch Boxes so bad?
– Is Arrma ever going to stop killing it with their bash trucks? Those road machines look HOT.
– Will I ever be able to get Cubby out to a solid axle monster truck race?
– What kind of monster truck should I do for my next build?
– Finally, the most important question this week, and the main reason my mind is all a-flutter. Will my beloved St. Louis Blues FINALLY win a Stanley Cup?
Back to a standard column next week, ya know, where I actually answer questions. Until then, keep it on all 4’s!