For Bashers, By Bashers!

Raging Rotors: HAM it up!

I have mentioned on a few occasions that a specific FCC license is required to use high powered FPV transmitter systems (like a 600mW Immersion RC TX system). The license I refer to is an Amateur Radio License, or Ham Radio License. This license gives you the ability to stay out of trouble when the high powered transmitters accidentally cross into these FCC restricted frequencies.

What does it take to get your license? One test, just one. A mere 35  multiple choice questions and around $15 gets you a Technician Class license, which keeps you FCC legal for FPV for 10 years. That cuts is down to an investment of $1.50 a year.

Looking for more information on getting your license? Visit the Amateur Radio Relay League website for all the details on getting a license, practice questions, and other helpful links regarding amateur radio. You can also ask me questions via kevin (at) bigsquidrc (dot) com.

Until next time, Stay Shiny and Keep Flyin’!

Post Info

Posted by in Raging Rotors on Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 at 4:30 pm